Thread: Inno3D Watercooled GTX 580

Inno3D Watercooled GTX 580

Just Came across this thing... Don't know why but that rad doesn't make me think of a pleasant overclocking experience

Much like the iChill version of the GTX 480 before it, this will also come as a ready to go solution, although this time Inno3D has decided to bundle the card with a radiator and pump unit (which bears an eerie resemblance with Corsair's H50 CPU water-cooling solution) that should make this a lot easier to install even by novice users.

Unfortunately, Inno3D has not provided us with any further information regarding the cooling power of its setup or about the GPU and memory clocks this card runs at, further information being set to make its appearance at a later date.

Source: Softpedia

I am Xtreme
    Basically, it has CoolIT Omni ALC installed.
    Not sure that's the best solution, though... It offered like 10-15C drop for GTX480 (~82C under load), which isn't really huge.
    Last edited by zalbard; 12-02-2010 at 06:25 AM.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Mentor
    hmmmmm
    Intel Core i5 6600K + ASRock Z170 OC Formula + Galax HOF 4000 (8GBx2) + Antec 1200W OC Version
    EK SupremeHF + BlackIce GTX360 + Swiftech 655 + XSPC ResTop
    Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011 (i7 2760QM + HD 6770M)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) , Huawei Nexus 6P
    [history system]80286 80386 80486 Cyrix K5 Pentium133 Pentium II Duron1G Athlon1G E2180 E3300 E5300 E7200 E8200 E8400 E8500 E8600 Q9550 QX6800 X3-720BE i7-920 i3-530 i5-750 Semp140@x2 955BE X4-B55 Q6600 i5-2500K i7-2600K X4-B60 X6-1055T FX-8120 i7-4790K

Xtreme Addict
    Doesnt look adequate.
    Quote Originally Posted by alacheesu View Post
    If you were consistently able to put two pieces of lego together when you were a kid, you should have no trouble replacing the pump top.

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Do not want.

But will be bought by sheeple.

In b4 pics of someone stacking the rad from this and a Corsair H70 on top of each other and bragging about their 1337 watercooled setup.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Wanna look under my kilt?
    The GTX580 runs surprisingly cool under water... temps are... y'know..... normal I'm really impressed with the 580! Even stock cooler at high fan %, it'll load in the mid 50s and thats with an OC and more voltage
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme Guru
    hmm not sure who would buy this card... looks awful!!

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff
    having just seen this ALC thing, I gotta say, its got my attention.
    I dont know about you, but I am sick of always buying a whole knew $150 waterblock everytime I get a new videocard - especially when that same block is damn near useless one that cards market life is gone, and then you end up selling the block for maybe $50 with free shipping... if anyone buys it, and thats if your lucky.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunaak View Post
    I dont know about you, but I am sick of always buying a whole knew $150 waterblock everytime I get a new videocard - especially when that same block is damn near useless one that cards market life is gone, and then you end up selling the block for maybe $50 with free shipping... if anyone buys it, and thats if your lucky.
    What about having two of these as SLI? that would totally suck tho dude, gotta find room 2 mount 2 fans..

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Looks about as awful as the H50.
    P8P67Deluxe
    2500K @ 5046 MHZ
    8 GB Ripjaws
    MSI 660 TI PE

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunaak View Post
    When you by a full cover WB you are adding value to the card, by keeping temps low on the card and prolonging its life. This thing can not reach the cooling capacity that of an after market WB can do. The problem with these kinds of setups from the manufacture is that you could buy the card and the cooling product for almost $200 less than what they usually sell these combos for and put it together yourself. With that said there are those that do not want to go through the trouble of doing that, so at least it is available. Personally I get a lot of pleasure of putting new loops together and it feels more like a computer I cult rather than just put together.

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS with 64GB of registered ECC ram.|Dell 30" LCD 3008wfp:7970 video card

LSI series raid controller
    SSDs: Crucial C300 256GB
    Standard drives: Seagate ST32000641AS & WD 1TB black
    OSes: Linux and Windows x64

Xtreme Addict
    reminds me corsairs watercooling solution which isn't bad but not great either everything comes to price here hope they won't charge astronomically
    Quote Originally Posted by LesGrossman View Post
    So for the last 3 months Nvidia talked about Uniengine and then Uniengine and more Uniengine and finally Uniengine. And then takes the best 5 seconds from all the benchmark run, makes a graph and then proudly shows it everywhere.