Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intel Sandy Bridge chip leaked in Acer, Gateway, Lenovo notebooks

I am Xtreme

Post Intel Sandy Bridge chip leaked in Acer, Gateway, Lenovo [update: Alienware] notebooks

Source: http://www.electronista.com/
    Discoveries today have uncovered one of the first processors using Intel's Sandy Bridge architecture in a handful of notebooks along with as yet unannounced AMD mobile graphics. The Acer Aspire 5750, an unknown Gateway model and a Lenovo IdeaPad Y560P all show the Core i7-2630QM, a quad-core 2GHz processor. Most details aren't known of the chips themselves, but most should be accompanied by the HM65 chipset part of Intel's future Huron River platform.

Sandy Bridge will still be based on the existing 32 nanometer manufacturing process, but the new architecture will include Advanced Vector Extensions to improve performance in certain media and math tasks and better handling of out-of-order execution. The integrated graphics may be the biggest leap as a brand new core will exist directly on the processor and give dedicated-level video performance that may include OpenCL general-purpose computing acceleration.

Some of the notebooks also have the Mobility Radeon HD 6550 or 6570. Their details remain a mystery but are likely to see them as direct replacements for the 5500 series. The desktop Radeon HD 6000 series primarily improves the performance per watt as well as adding antialiasing and hardware tessellation.

Intel has already confirmed that Sandy Bridge will get its debut at a CES keynote, making it very likely that all of the notebooks and AMD's graphics will launch at the same time.
    Soon...
    Last edited by zalbard; 12-12-2010 at 12:10 PM.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Guru
    oooo, integrated graphics here we come !!! This sounds extremely nice!... Wonder what gaming laptop asus have to offer also?!

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Addict
    Fusion will be better imo, because of the GPU superiority when it comes to AMD.
    Intel Core i7 920 4 GHz | 18 GB DDR3 1600 MHz | ASUS Rampage II Gene | GIGABYTE HD7950 3GB WindForce 3X | WD Caviar Black 2TB | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Altec Lansing MX5021 | Corsair HX750 | Lian Li PC-V354
    Super silent cooling powered by (((Noiseblocker)))

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by RejZoR View Post
    Fusion will be better imo, because of the GPU superiority when it comes to AMD.
    In this price class you get discreet mobile gpus, so i can get best cpu performance with good gpu performance.

The articel eben mentions that there will be notebooks with discreet HD6xxx mobility gpus.
    Last edited by Hornet331; 11-29-2010 at 06:11 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    So they couldn't wait? Not strange, SB's IGP is actually designed for laptops. That's where it makes most sense.

I've already predicted that SB will revolutionize laptops. It will be interesting to see these IGP + Quad-core babies in action.
    Last edited by Sam_oslo; 11-29-2010 at 06:44 AM.

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (BIOS 1305)
    2600K @4.5GHz 1.27v , 1 hour Prime
    Silver Arrow , push/pull
    2x2GB Crucial 1066MHz CL7 ECC @1600MHz CL9 1.51v
    GTX560 GB OC @910/2400 0.987v
    Crucial C300 v006 64GB OS-disk + F3 1TB + 400MB RAMDisk
    CM Storm Scout + Corsair HX 1000W
    +
    EVGA SR-2 , A50
    2 x Xeon X5650 @3.86GHz(203x19) 1.20v
    Megahalem + Silver Arrow , push/pull
    3x2GB Corsair XMS3 1600 CL7 + 3x4GB G.SKILL Trident 1600 CL7 = 18GB @1624 7-8-7-20 1.65v
    XFX GTX 295 @650/1200/1402
    Crucial C300 v006 64GB OS-disk + F3 1TB + 2GB RAMDisk
    SilverStone Fortress FT01 + Corsair AX 1200W

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_oslo View Post
    So they couldn't wait? Not strange, SB's IGP is actually designed for laptops. That's where it makes most sense.

I've already predicted that SB will revolutionize laptops. It will be interesting to see these IGP + Quad-core babies in action.
    Revolutionize... na but a good leap forward. The IGP is not bad, we already know numbers from the HD2000 and they are quite faster then Clarksfield and the mobile parts get the HD3000, so i guess we will see a good jump in that regard, but still wont touch dedicated mobile gpus.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
    Revolutionize... na but a good leap forward. The IGP is not bad, we already know numbers from the HD2000 and they are quite faster then Clarksfield and the mobile parts get the HD3000, so i guess we will see a good jump in that regard, but still wont touch dedicated mobile gpus.
    There is a fine line there, revolutionize... or a good leap forward, whatever we call it. These IGP will improve the biggest weakness of current laptops, and eliminate the need for a dedicated GPU for business/desktop use, which is the primary usage-area for laptops per today.

Except those confused people who wants to game on a laptop, who would need a dedicated GPU in laptops after these IGP? I would call it a revolution, but won't argue with those who mean it's a good leap forward.

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (BIOS 1305)
    2600K @4.5GHz 1.27v , 1 hour Prime
    Silver Arrow , push/pull
    2x2GB Crucial 1066MHz CL7 ECC @1600MHz CL9 1.51v
    GTX560 GB OC @910/2400 0.987v
    Crucial C300 v006 64GB OS-disk + F3 1TB + 400MB RAMDisk
    CM Storm Scout + Corsair HX 1000W
    +
    EVGA SR-2 , A50
    2 x Xeon X5650 @3.86GHz(203x19) 1.20v
    Megahalem + Silver Arrow , push/pull
    3x2GB Corsair XMS3 1600 CL7 + 3x4GB G.SKILL Trident 1600 CL7 = 18GB @1624 7-8-7-20 1.65v
    XFX GTX 295 @650/1200/1402
    Crucial C300 v006 64GB OS-disk + F3 1TB + 2GB RAMDisk
    SilverStone Fortress FT01 + Corsair AX 1200W

Xtreme Cruncher
    In this price class you get discreet mobile gpus, so i can get best cpu performance with good gpu performance.

The articel eben mentions that there will be notebooks with discreet HD6xxx mobility gpus.
    Llano will have a discrete level of GPU perf. integrated on die(~5750 class),with more than good cpu performance . Those are family 10h+ cores with aggressive new power gated Turbo.For a notebook user,a difference between SB CPU cores and Llano cores will be barely noticeable in real life usage in many if not most workloads.But,the difference in their fps when they play a game will be more than noticeable.On top of that,Llano will be able to do Hybrid CF with discrete GPUs too,so a major plus.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_oslo View Post
    There is a fine line there, revolutionize... or a good leap forward, whatever we call it. These IGP will improve the biggest weakness of current laptops, and eliminate the need for a dedicated GPU for business/desktop use, which is the primary usage-area for laptops per today.

Except those confused people who wants to game on a laptop, who would need a dedicated GPU in laptops after these IGP? I would call it a revolution, but won't argue with those who mean it's a good leap forward.
    we already had the revolutionize vs evolution argument.
    SB has a weak IGP and its only going to change maybe 1W compared to a separate IGP. as the chips become bigger (and both about similar size) then the effect of merging them becomes more apparent.

how is SB going to change anything for business laptops? if your saying they couldnt do anything before on intels old igp, then it sounds like they "fixed" something, instead of revolutionizing it.
    2500k @ 4900mhz - Asus Maxiums IV Gene Z - Swiftech Apogee LP
    GTX 680 @ +170 (1267mhz) / +300 (3305mhz) - EK 680 FC EN/Acteal
    Swiftech MCR320 Drive @ 1300rpms - 3x GT 1850s @ 1150rpms
    XS Build Log for: My Latest Custom Case

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by informal View Post
    Llano will have a discrete level of GPU perf. integrated on die(~5750 class),with more than good cpu performance . Those are family 10h+ cores with aggressive new power gated Turbo.For a notebook user,a difference between SB CPU cores and Llano cores will be barely noticeable in real life usage in many if not most workloads.But,the difference in their fps when they play a game will be more than noticeable.On top of that,Llano will be able to do Hybrid CF with discrete GPUs too,so a major plus.
    Even with the shader specs simmilar to a HD5750 it will be massivly memory bandwidth limited, we already saw this for the barazos platform review (a HD5450 spec wise with only 8GB/s and bandwidth shared with CPU only gives ~70% of the performance of a discreet card.)
    And thats only with a bandwidth deficit of 40% (12,8GB/s compared to 8GB/s)

A HD5750 has 73,6GB/s memory bandwidth that it hasn't to share with anything. Even for desktops with ddr3-1600 you only get 25,6GB/s (thats 2,8 times less) so more in the ballpark of a HD55xx.

But we are talking mobile here so i doubt we see fullspeed ddr3-1600 but more like DDR3-1333 or even DRR3-1066.

(Mobile) IGPs still suck, and even first generation fusion wont change this. If you want to play games, buy a graphic card. Gaming on notebooks is a chapter on its own.
    Last edited by Hornet331; 11-29-2010 at 08:17 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    In any case,the perf. difference will be huge between the two,no matter how you look at it(with or without enough BW). For most users that buy a laptop and still want to game occasionally without buying an expensive laptop with discrete GPU,Llano will be a better choice.And if they decide to buy a discrete card,they can choose one compatible with Llano's GPU for CFX.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    I'm going to step in here and say that the AMD guys get ripsheet when the Intel guys come into the AMD cpu threads so lets try and keep this OT on the Intel chip ok?
    Thanks for listening
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

I am Xtreme
    In any case,the perf. difference will be huge between the two,no matter how you look at it(with or without enough BW). For most users that buy a laptop and still want to game occasionally without buying an expensive laptop with discrete GPU,Llano will be a better choice.And if they decide to buy a discrete card,they can choose one compatible with Llano's GPU for CFX.
    Why are we talking desktop all the sudden?

edit: When we stay desktop, you might want to look at this:
    http://ht4u.net/reviews/2010/amd_ati...d5550_roundup/

It compares A HD5500 with GDDR3@800mhz and DDR2@400mhz (25,6gb/s vs 12,8gb/s) and a oced HD5500 with HD5570 specs.
    As you can see this chips hunger for memory bandwidth, a chip with 320 SPs with same clocks is often faster then the same chip with 400 SPs just because the 320SPs chip has the better memory bandwidth.

I have no intention to make the integration of GPUs into the CPU look bad, but i am a gamer and a realist. People make it sound like this new approach will open them a new world of gaming experience, when in fact its just marketing bull. We are exactly there where we left off, IGP can and will run older games decent on low res and low details but if you up the details or the res your again in the sub 30 or een sub 20fps range, and there it doesn't matter if one IGP runs 9,6fps or 18,9fps, both are unplayable...
    Last edited by Hornet331; 11-29-2010 at 08:57 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Well... Lets see how many shaders will be in mobile llano parts. Last roadmap I saw hints for 100W TDP for 4-core parts and 65W TDP for dual core parts (with, probably, weaker IGP). Any way, "to game occasionally" you can on any notebook. Depends on what game you play. Personally i enjoy playing "Plants vs. Zombie", bejeweled and "Crayon Physics" even on my atom netbook.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    [edit]
    whoops nevermind, mods to the rescue....
    Last edited by flippin_waffles; 11-29-2010 at 08:30 AM.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by hornet331 View Post
    why are we talking desktop all the sudden?
    Quote Originally Posted by kl0012 View Post
    well... Lets see how many shaders will be in mobile llano parts. Last roadmap i saw hints for 100w tdp for 4-core parts and 65w tdp for dual core parts (with, probably, weaker igp). Any way, "to game occasionally" you can on any notebook. Depends on what game you play. Personally i enjoy playing "plants vs. Zombie", bejeweled and "crayon physics" even on my atom netbook.

please..
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Addict
    more details also on the HP DV7 series

http://pinoytutorial.com/techtorial/...-release-date/

Looks like Intel’s Core i7-2630QM chip will be making its way to laptops now courtsey of HP’s dv7. Here’s a look into XE378EA – HP Pavilion dv7-5000ea Entertainment Notebook PC.

hp pavilion HP Pavilion dv7 5000ea w/ Intel i7 2630QM : Specs, Price and Release Date Soon

First, here are the specs of this Entertainment Notebook with the new Core i7-2630QM CPU:

* 17.3″ HD+ LED HP BrightView Display
    * Intel HM55 chipset
    * 2.0 GHz Intel Core i7-2630QM Processor
    * 4 GB DDR3 up to 8 GB DDR3 memory
    * 640 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 5400 rpm
    * ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 6570 Graphics, up to 2806 MB total graphics memory with 1 GB DDR5 dedicated
    * HP Clickpad supporting Multi-Touch gestures with On/Off button
    * Blu-ray DVD combo drive
    * 5-in-1 Card Reader for SDcards, MMC, MS, MS Pro or xD Picture cards.
    * Integrated VGA Web cam and mic
    * 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
    * Bluetooth
    * Gigabit Ethernet LAN
    * Integrated finger print reader
    * 6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery
    * Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

although laptop specs are debatable off course, on the intel SB details:

what is the official CPU ghz spec according to some sites its 2.0ghz and others it is 2.2? and what's up with this HM55 chipset sounds strange?
    top I7 mobile will have integrated graphics or not?????

http://www.notebookcheck.com/Intel-C...r.41482.0.html
    Last edited by duploxxx; 11-29-2010 at 09:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Fanboyitis..
    Comes in two variations and both deadly.
    There's the green strain and the blue strain on CPU.. There's the red strain and the green strain on GPU..

I am Xtreme
    Im sure its the HM65, because its part of the Huron-River platform we see here, and that looks like a decent DTR.
    Last edited by Hornet331; 11-29-2010 at 09:03 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Llano will have a discrete level of GPU perf. integrated on die(~5750 class),with more than good cpu performance .
    I thought that LIano GPU is going to have 400sp or 480sp, which is more like HD5670

A HD5750 has 73,6GB/s memory bandwidth that it hasn't to share with anything. Even for desktops with ddr3-1600 you only get 25,6GB/s (thats 2,8 times less) so more in the ballpark of a HD55xx.

But we are talking mobile here so i doubt we see fullspeed ddr3-1600 but more like DDR3-1333 or even DRR3-1066.
    Let us not forget that 25,6GB/s memory bandwidth is shared between the GPU and CPU
    Last edited by dartaz; 11-29-2010 at 09:45 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    im waiting for a Lenovo T Series to include one, give me it already!
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    just start taking pics of peoples kids the parents will come talk to you shortly. if you have a big creepy van it works faster

Xtreme Addict
    Can't wait to see the perf/watt from these new dualcores!

All systems sold. Will be back after Sandy Bridge!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by duploxxx View Post
    more details also on the HP DV7 series

http://pinoytutorial.com/techtorial/...-release-date/

Looks like Intel’s Core i7-2630QM chip will be making its way to laptops now courtsey of HP’s dv7. Here’s a look into XE378EA – HP Pavilion dv7-5000ea Entertainment Notebook PC.

hp pavilion HP Pavilion dv7 5000ea w/ Intel i7 2630QM : Specs, Price and Release Date Soon

First, here are the specs of this Entertainment Notebook with the new Core i7-2630QM CPU:

* 17.3″ HD+ LED HP BrightView Display
    * Intel HM55 chipset
    * 2.0 GHz Intel Core i7-2630QM Processor
    * 4 GB DDR3 up to 8 GB DDR3 memory
    * 640 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 5400 rpm
    * ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 6570 Graphics, up to 2806 MB total graphics memory with 1 GB DDR5 dedicated
    * HP Clickpad supporting Multi-Touch gestures with On/Off button
    * Blu-ray DVD combo drive
    * 5-in-1 Card Reader for SDcards, MMC, MS, MS Pro or xD Picture cards.
    * Integrated VGA Web cam and mic
    * 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
    * Bluetooth
    * Gigabit Ethernet LAN
    * Integrated finger print reader
    * 6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery
    * Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

although laptop specs are debatable off course, on the intel SB details:

what is the official CPU ghz spec according to some sites its 2.0ghz and others it is 2.2? and what's up with this HM55 chipset sounds strange?
    top I7 mobile will have integrated graphics or not?????

http://www.notebookcheck.com/Intel-C...r.41482.0.html
    That's pretty sweet notebook right there.Is Turbo limit known for that particular SB model?Since the starting clock is rather low,I expect it to use the headroom to "Turbo" pretty aggressively.

@dartaz
    You are correct,I've meant 5650 level,made a typo.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    mobile computer makers should be emphasis on battery technology to give more mileage

Xtreme Mentor
    i would prefer SandyM + GeForce 4xxM or 5xxM
    Intel Core i5 6600K + ASRock Z170 OC Formula + Galax HOF 4000 (8GBx2) + Antec 1200W OC Version
    EK SupremeHF + BlackIce GTX360 + Swiftech 655 + XSPC ResTop
    Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011 (i7 2760QM + HD 6770M)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) , Huawei Nexus 6P
    [history system]80286 80386 80486 Cyrix K5 Pentium133 Pentium II Duron1G Athlon1G E2180 E3300 E5300 E7200 E8200 E8400 E8500 E8600 Q9550 QX6800 X3-720BE i7-920 i3-530 i5-750 Semp140@x2 955BE X4-B55 Q6600 i5-2500K i7-2600K X4-B60 X6-1055T FX-8120 i7-4790K

Xtreme X.I.P.
    and again... quadcore in a laptop... hah...
    if you want bad battery life just replace the default one with a 3cell version
    oh but wait, that doesnt create the same noise and scorching heat hmmmm...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast