I wanted to create a cooler that was easy to make control the tempreature of and not have to worry to much about condensation. What I decided on was using a chest freezer. I chose one of the smaller models a 140 liter capacity.

The first step was to make it water proof so it could hold the coolent. For this I simply bought a tube of glass silicon and sealed up all of the joins.

For the pump I used an old aquarium pump I had an ehiem and placed a water filter cartridge on the input. This has proved to be a bit of a problem as the water filter wants to float.

For the water block in the PC I chose the EK Supreme HF.

I then filled the freezer with water and added the ethylene glycol at a rate of 5% for the moment. I might increase this to 10% depending on the temperatures I go down to. I am cautious of the warning on the bottle about painted surfaces as the freezer is powder coated.

For temprature control I am simply using the turn it on and off method at the moment but will probally use a timer and a Camille Baure V604 temperature comtroller in the future.

The capacity of coolent at 100 liters is a big advantage as you can cool the liquid down overnight when the electricity is cheap and it takes a long time for any heating to occur from the pc.