Thread: SlySoft - Lifetime Subscriptions Ending, On Sale Now 20% Off

Xtreme CCIE

SlySoft - Lifetime Subscriptions Ending, On Sale Now 20% Off

On Jan. 1, 2011 SlySoft will discontinue its lifetime update subscription (again), but is offering a 20% discount on them right now as a promotion.

Why is SlySoft you ask? They make a number of relatively inexpensive programs (see below). They generally focus around copying protected content, and while there are plenty of free programs that do this, the big difference about the SlySoft suite is that they have made a real business out of it, meaning:

1. Their software always works with any title, so there is no need to try 4 different suites for those weird one-offs that don't seem to work. If the SlySoft doesn't work immediately, post on their forums and it will be updated quickly.

2.The GUI. It's super-easy to use and yet gives you all the options. To give you an idea of how easy it is, my wife and even my MOM can and do use it.

3. It all works together. If you choose defaults with some programs you get bizarre or annoying default behavior, like making file types that will need conversion down the line or something. With SlySoft, all of their software is designed to work together so you don't need to spend time playing with all the little toggles you might otherwise require.

So why do you buy it? Because it saves you time and headache. No more searching through questionable sites for software that may/may not be a virus, no more iffy cracks on your games that could cause system issues, etc.

AnyDVD/AnyDVDHD - Software that decrypts DVD's / Blu-Ray discs

CloneDVD - Movie copying software (disc to ISO, ISO to disc, etc)

CloneDVD Mobile - Converts movies to formats/sizes for devices like the iPod/PSP

GameJackal - Play games without CD's/DVD's

Virtual CloneDrive [FREEWARE!] - DVD/Blu-Ray ISO mounting software, like Daemon tools, but even friendlier.

Trust me, Go To SlySoft Now
    Dual CCIE (Route\Switch and Security) at your disposal. Have a Cisco-related or other network question? My PM box is always open.

Xtreme Network:
    - Cisco 3560X-24P PoE Switch
    - Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall
    - Cisco 4402 Wireless LAN Controller
    - Cisco 3502i Access Point

I am Xtreme
    I used to use Clone CD and still have it and a key around some where.

Friend showed it to me a few years ago. Love it for its simplicity.
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

how does this software compare to Handbrake or DVDFab?
    Intel C2Q Q9550 2.83ghz :: Intel DQ45CB :: 4 x 2gb OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC :: ASUS EAH5850 :: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750w :: Western Digital Caviar Black 4 x 750gb in RAID 10
    Intel e3-1235 3.3ghz :: Intel s1200kp :: 4gb kingston hyperX 1600mhz :: WD 500gb Cavier Green
    Intel i7-3770k 4.4ghz :: msi z77ma-g45 :: 8 gb patriot Signature 1600mhz :: 160gb WD Cavier :: 5830 + 5870 CF :: Antec Earthwatts 650w

"...all men die, and no brave man lets death frighten him from his desire..."

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by masterg View Post
    how does this software compare to Handbrake or DVDFab?
    AnyDVD isn't for encoding. It is to remove encryption from blurays and/or create an ISO.

I myself use AnyDVD HD to remove encryption then rip to HDD. Then use eac3to to demux/convert. Then mkvmerge to throw it in an mkv container.

What about CloneDVD/ ConeDVD Mobile? its available and is comparable to Handbrake and DVDFab but lifetime subscription for 40$
    Intel C2Q Q9550 2.83ghz :: Intel DQ45CB :: 4 x 2gb OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC :: ASUS EAH5850 :: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750w :: Western Digital Caviar Black 4 x 750gb in RAID 10
    Intel e3-1235 3.3ghz :: Intel s1200kp :: 4gb kingston hyperX 1600mhz :: WD 500gb Cavier Green
    Intel i7-3770k 4.4ghz :: msi z77ma-g45 :: 8 gb patriot Signature 1600mhz :: 160gb WD Cavier :: 5830 + 5870 CF :: Antec Earthwatts 650w

Xtreme Member
    So if I'm understanding correctly, AnyDVD HD will allow me to watch Blu-Ray movies on my computer?

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Agreed Serra, been using their apps for years and never a headache.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by aznsniper911 View Post
    So if I'm understanding correctly, AnyDVD HD will allow me to watch Blu-Ray movies on my computer?
    you need a bluray reader drive first. bluray in a dvd drive aint ever gonna work :P they use different types of lasers

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by masterg View Post
    you need a bluray reader drive first. bluray in a dvd drive aint ever gonna work :P they use different types of lasers
    Well that is obvious, I been holding off buying blu-ray drives because of the extra software required sometimes for OEM drives. Also will this allow me to play dvds from other regions?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    AnyDVD isn't for encoding. It is to remove encryption from blurays and/or create an ISO.

I myself use AnyDVD HD to remove encryption then rip to HDD. Then use eac3to to demux/convert. Then mkvmerge to throw it in an mkv container.
    Ever try Ripbot?
    i7-3930K
    GA-x79-UD3
    Corsair H100
    4x2GB F3-12800CL6
    X-Fi Xtreme Music
    EVGA GTX 470
    Pioneer BDR-207DBK
    2X128GB Samsung 830's
    3XWD2002FYPS
    Corsair TX850
    Dell U2412M