Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V is in production

I am Xtreme

Talking The Elder Scrolls V is in production

Source: http://www.made2game.com/
    Bethedsa has all but confirmed that Elder Scrolls V is in production according to Eurogamer Denmark.

It was confirmed from the sites source (who had the official game documents in hand), the game is definitely in production and will be a direct sequel to The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, which in our opinion is one of the finest RPG’s to date.

Unfortunately due to an NDA the site was unable to disclose any further details, however it looks like we may be hearing more about this sooner rather than later.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    So who thinks that Bethesda will once again use Oblivion's engine?

ME! *raises hand*

Xtreme Member
    Who thinks Oblivion is the most overrated game of all time? ME! (not morrowind)

Xtreme Member
    I heard that TES V is using a new engine, so that should put an end to this crap using the same engine for the better part of 5 years. :p
    PII 965BE @ 3.8Ghz /|\ TRUE 120 w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm fan /|\ XFX HD 5870 /|\ 4GB G.Skill 1600mhz DDR3 /|\ Gigabyte 790GPT-UD3H /|\ Two lovely 24" monitors (1920x1200) /|\ and a nice leather chair.

Xtreme Addict
    this was already confirmed a couple years ago.. at least that it was going to be made.
    at least they are finally working on it now.
    and those who think it will use the same engine as oblivion/fallout3/fallout:vegas are just stupid.
    this will definitely use a new engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    just start taking pics of peoples kids the parents will come talk to you shortly. if you have a big creepy van it works faster

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by blindbox View Post
    So who thinks that Bethesda will once again use Oblivion's engine?

ME! *raises hand*
    You mean the Morrrowind engine?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Who thinks the characters and quests will be stupid, the voice-acting horrible and the story pathetic? ME!
    Besides, who thinks we will see cities with more than 20 houses, kids, faces recognizable as humanoid and realistic movement and battle system?

I am Xtreme
    Wow, guys, if you don't like it, don't play it...
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Wow, guys, if you don't like it, don't play it...
    The problem is whe nyou really like Morrowind, despite these stupid parts you play it alot. And then, you play Oblivion alot, even if the voice-acting, emerald green Orcs and so on just got worse. In the end you are determined to play through a bad game, and when done you don't want to see it ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by -Boris- View Post
    The problem is whe nyou really like Morrowind, despite these stupid parts you play it alot. And then, you play Oblivion alot, even if the voice-acting, emerald green Orcs and so on just got worse. In the end you are determined to play through a bad game, and when done you don't want to see it ever again.
    Weird, I have never once been determined to play through a bad game just because the previous game in the series was critically acclaimed. But, I am glad to know the PC will get some love again sometime in the future! Its been since 2007 since graphics have impressed me, and its because these consoles are making dx9c last forever.
    | I7 940 @ 191x21 | RIIE | 3x2GB RAM | 3 x GTX 280s 700/1400/2400 | 80GB x25-m | 300GB WD Raptor | 500GB, 1TB, 2TB WD Caviers |

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrdurr View Post
    Who thinks Oblivion is the most overrated game of all time? ME! (not morrowind)
    This.

After reading the amazing reviews and getting several very strong recommendations from friends, I picked up the goty edition on steam in like august.

Installed it started to play was instantly bored. So, I download all these overhaul mods and graphic mods and all this stuff. I spent the better part of a day getting everything working amiably.

When I finally got everything installed I started to play again (with poor performance I might add... there's no reason a gtx480 and a q9550 should be getting poor performance in a 5 year old game) and it was just as bad. I get out of the dungeon, do a couple quests. Get up to around level 15, and realize just how bad this game is. There is literally nothing redeeming about it, story is below average, graphic performance is abominable, combat is extremely shallow, voice acting is laughable, design isn't consistent... it's just not a good game imo.

I just don't understand how people can appreciate what oblivion is. It is an utter pos, one of the worst buys I have ever made, and thats including rainbow six vegas 2.

I was excited at this announcement cause I'd love a good fantasy rpg, but when I heard they aren't even using id-tech 5 (they own id don't they?) I already lost most of my hope for a somewhat decent game.

Xtreme Addict
    some of you are on the outside of a consensus that everything bethesda has ever done is really good. including oblivion. you may not like the unique genre, but that is between you and god. the game is still really good.

I am Xtreme
    oblivion came in 2 flavors:
    the game with 100% chameleon,
    and the game without it.
    2500k @ 4900mhz - Asus Maxiums IV Gene Z - Swiftech Apogee LP
    GTX 680 @ +170 (1267mhz) / +300 (3305mhz) - EK 680 FC EN/Acteal
    Swiftech MCR320 Drive @ 1300rpms - 3x GT 1850s @ 1150rpms
    XS Build Log for: My Latest Custom Case

Xtreme Addict
    Anyone who has ever played the original Fallout and Fallout 2 has been laughing out loud at Morrowind and Oblivion, especially their great dialogue

"Any work?"
    "What/Who is that/it"
    "Yes"
    "No"
    "*go back*"

That being said, being spoiled by such cRPG classics as Fallouts, Baldur's Gates and Planescape: Torment.. these POS "rpg" games today.. They're pathetic and a shame to their genre.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Sweeeeet

My Free-DC Stats
    You use IRC and Crunch in Xs WCG team? Join #xs.wcg @ Quakenet

Xtreme Member
    This should be great. The developers obviously want to sell copies, and will obviously listen to the overwhelmingly agreed upon complaints people had about Oblivion. Realistically this should be a great game.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Origin_Unknown View Post
    Sweeeeet
    1. Asus P5Q-E / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @~3612 MHz (8,5x425) / 2x2GB OCZ Platinum XTC (PC2-8000U, CL5) / EVGA GeForce GTX 570 / Crucial M4 128GB, WD Caviar Blue 640GB, WD Caviar SE16 320GB, WD Caviar SE 160GB / be quiet! Dark Power Pro P7 550W / Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA / LG L227WT / Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 // SysProfile

2. Asus A8N-SLI / AMD Athlon 64 4000+ @~2640 MHz (12x220) / 1024 MB Corsair CMX TwinX 3200C2, 2.5-3-3-6 1T / Club3D GeForce 7800GT @463/1120 MHz / Crucial M4 64GB, Hitachi Deskstar 40GB / be quiet! Blackline P5 470W

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmatory View Post
    Anyone who has ever played the original Fallout and Fallout 2 has been laughing out loud at Morrowind and Oblivion, especially their great dialogue

"Any work?"
    "What/Who is that/it"
    "Yes"
    "No"
    "*go back*"

That being said, being spoiled by such cRPG classics as Fallouts, Baldur's Gates and Planescape: Torment.. these POS "rpg" games today.. They're pathetic and a shame to their genre.
    This. Definitely this.

I think, in one of the bars you visit at the beginning of Planescape: Torment (Could be the "Smoldering Corpse") there is more text than the entire Oblivion game

Xtreme Member
    I don't care if they gamebryo engine again, i just want them to not release a buggy piece of sh*t like Oblivion and New Vegas was/is. Fun games don't get me wrong, but good lord how can so many bugs be present at launch.... p*sses me off I tell you. Such shoddy workmanship in their QA department of an otherwise great company.

Xtreme Member
    This is great news! The dark brotherhood was the best part of that game, hopefully there is tons of stuff like that in the 5th installment
    My System

Core i7 970 @ 4.0Ghz
    Asus P6X58D Mobo
    6GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 Memory
    1000watt Corsair PSU
    Windows 7 64bit
    EVGA GTX 670 SC 4GB

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalten View Post
    I don't care if they gamebryo engine again, i just want them to not release a buggy piece of sh*t like Oblivion and New Vegas was/is. Fun games don't get me wrong, but good lord how can so many bugs be present at launch.... p*sses me off I tell you. Such shoddy workmanship in their QA department of an otherwise great company.
    How could you not care if they used the same engine? This is getting worse than the COD series... at least that engine has changed slightly since CoD 3.

Core i7 920 D0 B-batch (4.1) (Kinda Stable?) | DFI X58 T3eH8 (Fed up with its' issues, may get a new board soon) | Patriot 1600 (9-9-9-24) (for now) | XFX HD 4890 (971/1065) (for now) |
    80GB X25-m G2 | WD 640GB | PCP&C 750 | Dell 2408 LCD | NEC 1970GX LCD | Win7 Pro | CoolerMaster ATCS 840 {Modded to reverse-ATX, WC'ing internal}

CPU Loop: MCP655 > HK 3.0 LT > ST 320 (3x Scythe G's) > ST Res >Pump
    GPU Loop: MCP655 > MCW-60 > PA160 (1x YL D12SH) > ST Res > BIP 220 (2x YL D12SH) >Pump

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Silaz View Post
    Weird, I have never once been determined to play through a bad game just because the previous game in the series was critically acclaimed. But, I am glad to know the PC will get some love again sometime in the future! Its been since 2007 since graphics have impressed me, and its because these consoles are making dx9c last forever.
    Hence the reason that my 7950 GX2 can still play most new released on high settings. I can even run AA on some games..
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

2,147,222 F@H Points - My F@H Statistics:
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...e=Conman%5F530

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmatory View Post

"Any work?"
    "What/Who is that/it"
    "Yes"
    "No"
    "*go back*"

*middle aged british woman voice* "Hi"
    "Hello"
    *old woman's voice* "I heard there are some goblins around here recently. Awful creatures"
    "Did you hear that the Fighter's guild is recruiting again?"
    *middle aged british woman voice again* "Good bye"
    "Enough talk!"

That is just an example of an NPC conversation in the street. If i didn't know better, I'd say Cyrrodil is a huge medieval psychiatric Asylum.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCain View Post
    How could you not care if they used the same engine? This is getting worse than the COD series... at least that engine has changed slightly since CoD 3.
    Because I like the engine. Good graphics does not a good game make... i'd rather they beefed up the current engine if it means they can focus properly on producing a good game using the tools they already know how to use.

I just want the flippin' crashes and random bugs fixed.

Xtreme Addict
    Bioware raised the standards in terms of "voice acting" with ME2/DAO - if they take a good example from them, they'll have to invest in a better story as well...

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast