Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V is in production

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by kromosto View Post
    me too

I cant belive that people are still having that same discussion. Some people like heat, some people like cold. Some like spicy food and some dont. People are different, and therefor will have a different view on everything else as well...including computergames.
    The whole world's hip and thats not cool !

Rip Van Hippy

Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected ?

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

-------------------------

Xtreme Member
    Know what would be sweet? If you pre order the game you get a remake of Morrowind using the new game engine Tbh, I liked morrowind better than Oblivion, especially after all the mods.

If they did that I'd pre order and pay $60 for it just to get an up to date Morrowind re-release with better GFX

This would actually be a nice practice overall that would help reduce piracy as well. When you make a new sequal after 5 - 7+ years of a great game, re-release the old game with the new games engine and make it a DLC that can only be accessed by using a legit serial. I'd be all for this practice and would support it with my wallet to get an up to date Unreal ( the orig : ), an up to date accurate Command And Conquer ( the generals mod just doesn't cut it ) and of course the orig Diablo and Diablo II

There is so much money to be made of of remakes if done properly because lets face it, some of us actually remember Hexen, Dark sun: Wake of the Ravager and Wolfenstein 3D @_@
    Last edited by WARDOZER9; 02-13-2011 at 10:01 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    I didn't see this posted up yet. Probably old news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGMOMkACtn4

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

NooB MOD
    The screenshots aren't bad but the last one looks like the characters are low poly count.
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Iron Within Iron Without
    I have an idea, and you all will want to shoot me in the face for that but here it goes.

Mass Effect series mixed with The Elder Scrolls.

Shepardus traveling through 'oblivion gates' visiting different 'planets' [worlds so we keep on topic ] different fauna and flora everywhere, settlements , quests. Loads of interactions with random NPC's ... oooooh shiney
    The only downside, it comes with a HDD because it doesn't fit any known Experimental Media to fit on.

I played ME 1 -> 2 Few days again. The downside of ME ? Is simply too small compared to TES Series in the amount of Terrain you can explore and things are very corridor like.
    Problem of TES ? I find the world somewhat 'not real', Run into Citadel with Shepard , it's somewhat alive , clubs, bars , dance floors, shops. TES is like a big world full of Elcor ...
    Sony PS3 | Nintendo Wii + Nintendo Wii Fit

By Mercedes - Adventure Trips around Middle Europe in a Youngtimer | https://www.facebook.com/S.Mercedesem - Like Us, if you Like us that is

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Oj101 View Post
    The screenshots aren't bad but the last one looks like the characters are low poly count.
    Could be screenshots from the Console version maybe?

I'm hoping it'll look a bit better by release.

I did enjoy Morrowind.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Kondik View Post
    I have an idea, and you all will want to shoot me in the face for that but here it goes.

Shepardus traveling through 'oblivion gates' visiting different 'planets' [worlds so we keep on topic ] different fauna and flora everywhere, settlements , quests. Loads of interactions with random NPC's ... oooooh shiney
    The only downside, it comes with a HDD because it doesn't fit any known Experimental Media to fit on.

[...]
    sounds like a stargate game to me
    1. Asus P5Q-E / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @~3612 MHz (8,5x425) / 2x2GB OCZ Platinum XTC (PC2-8000U, CL5) / EVGA GeForce GTX 570 / Crucial M4 128GB, WD Caviar Blue 640GB, WD Caviar SE16 320GB, WD Caviar SE 160GB / be quiet! Dark Power Pro P7 550W / Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA / LG L227WT / Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 // SysProfile

2. Asus A8N-SLI / AMD Athlon 64 4000+ @~2640 MHz (12x220) / 1024 MB Corsair CMX TwinX 3200C2, 2.5-3-3-6 1T / Club3D GeForce 7800GT @463/1120 MHz / Crucial M4 64GB, Hitachi Deskstar 40GB / be quiet! Blackline P5 470W

Iron Within Iron Without
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZz! View Post
    sounds like a stargate game to me
    Stargate ? With Swords ?! "Stand still alien creature until our mighty wizard casts a spell and I slice you with my claymore" *Dual Plasma Blaster shot* "End of Act 1"

Keep the Medieval + magic thing in it but make the world react like in ME Series. The Cities and the Normandy Feels alive, the only thing that made me feel really alive in Oblivion was the Assassin Brotherhood series. That was really cool.

By Mercedes - Adventure Trips around Middle Europe in a Youngtimer | https://www.facebook.com/S.Mercedesem - Like Us, if you Like us that is

Xtreme Addict
    lol, no need to lash out

i was more refering to the whole "travelling through gates to other planets and encounter different species and civilizations"-thing, which in fact is pretty much what stargate is about. this would be a hell of a RPG. huge worlds, diversified landscapes and cultures.

btw, star wars shows how you can pwn guns with melee weapons and "spells"
    1. Asus P5Q-E / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @~3612 MHz (8,5x425) / 2x2GB OCZ Platinum XTC (PC2-8000U, CL5) / EVGA GeForce GTX 570 / Crucial M4 128GB, WD Caviar Blue 640GB, WD Caviar SE16 320GB, WD Caviar SE 160GB / be quiet! Dark Power Pro P7 550W / Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA / LG L227WT / Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 // SysProfile

2. Asus A8N-SLI / AMD Athlon 64 4000+ @~2640 MHz (12x220) / 1024 MB Corsair CMX TwinX 3200C2, 2.5-3-3-6 1T / Club3D GeForce 7800GT @463/1120 MHz / Crucial M4 64GB, Hitachi Deskstar 40GB / be quiet! Blackline P5 470W

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Kondik View Post

I played ME 1 -> 2 Few days again. The downside of ME ? Is simply too small compared to TES Series in the amount of Terrain you can explore and things are very corridor like.
    Problem of TES ? I find the world somewhat 'not real', Run into Citadel with Shepard , it's somewhat alive , clubs, bars , dance floors, shops. TES is like a big world full of Elcor ...

I'm going to shoot you in the face.

... Please stand by.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Member
    Really sad to see this being offered on consoles. Last time around at least it didn't drag the title down too much with least common denominator, but with the absolutely ancient hardware the consoles are sporting now, I'd hate to see this wind up as a console title they try to "upscale" for gaming PCs.

Either MS or Sony release a new console or they need to leave the consoles with their standard low-poly Halo clones until they do. No sense in continually dragging the rest of gaming down to the year 2005.
    Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
    Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Iron Within Iron Without
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew LB View Post
    I'm going to shoot you in the face.

... Please stand by.
    What did I do , I'm Innocent , It was all RaZz'ez Idea.

But honestly , give me Citadel as big as Imperial City and cities feeling alive as the Citadel, and I'll sculpt an altar and will sacrifice a virgin.

Xtremeish
    Btw, if you sorta liked Oblivion you should REALLY check out Nehrim!
    http://www.nehrim.de/indexEV.html

The insanity and complexity of this full sized stand alone mod is almost scary. All the voice acting is German, but there are English subs for everything so no problems there.

The Gamebryo engine is not exactly efficient for rendering distant landscapes, so the awesome view comes at a price of low FPS even with a decent system.
    (If settings are tweaked, especially shadows and grass!, it will run very decent on a 570 or similarly powered setup with a quad CPU. The rig in my sig kinda struggles with this modification of the game)
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallenator View Post
    Btw, if you sorta liked Oblivion you should REALLY check out Nehrim!
    http://www.nehrim.de/indexEV.html

The insanity and complexity of this full sized stand alone mod is almost scary. All the voice acting is German, but there are English subs for everything so no problems there.

The Gamebryo engine is not exactly efficient for rendering distant landscapes, so the awesome view comes at a price of low FPS even with a decent system.
    (If settings are tweaked, especially shadows and grass!, it will run very decent on a 570 or similarly powered setup with a quad CPU. The rig in my sig kinda struggles with this modification of the game)
    Wow I've missed this one, thanks for posting.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by kgk View Post
    Really sad to see this being offered on consoles. Last time around at least it didn't drag the title down too much with least common denominator, but with the absolutely ancient hardware the consoles are sporting now, I'd hate to see this wind up as a console title they try to "upscale" for gaming PCs.

Either MS or Sony release a new console or they need to leave the consoles with their standard low-poly Halo clones until they do. No sense in continually dragging the rest of gaming down to the year 2005.
    Just so you know, Bethesda is doing the main development for PC and will be dumbing it down for the versions that will be available on consoles. Expect a game when played at the highest graphics settings to even push the processing power of a GTX 570 or 580. Much like we saw with Oblivion when it was released. I had dual 8800gts 640mb cards in SLI and they were taxed to the max.

-- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Member
    Just so you know, Bethesda is doing the main development for PC and will be dumbing it down for the versions that will be available on consoles. Expect a game when played at the highest graphics settings to even push the processing power of a GTX 570 or 580. Much like we saw with Oblivion when it was released. I had dual 8800gts 640mb cards in SLI and they were taxed to the max.
    Where have you been getting that impression? They've clearly developed it keeping consoles as a priority and so far they have been talking almost only about console version. They've said so far that PC will have better textures and some UI-changes. Any DX11 features ain't even confirmed yet...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dragoonxx View Post
    i certainly hope they went back to the pc->console port rather than the other way around
    +50
    i7-2600K @ 4806Mhz 102.3x47 1.368v LinX stable
    MSI P67 GD-80
    16Gb Corsair 8-8-8-24 1T 818.2Mhz
    MSI GTX560Ti 1005/2250 1.062v
    Crucial m4 256Gb SSD
    Corsair TX850 | 64bit WIN7 Pro
    Custom watercooling
    47" 1080p LCD | Onkyo 876/ Polk 5.1 surround

Xtremeish
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalu View Post
    Where have you been getting that impression? They've clearly developed it keeping consoles as a priority and so far they have been talking almost only about console version. They've said so far that PC will have better textures and some UI-changes. Any DX11 features ain't even confirmed yet...
    As far as I know they do main Development on the PC, however Todd Howard himself says he prefers working on it through the xbox. =)

I am not worried, Bethesda ain't console whores. Not yet.

Didn't also Fallout 3 run a lot smoother than Oblivion at high settings?

Haha! Yeah, the music in that teaser is just that good!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGt...layer_embedded
    Last edited by Kallenator; 02-16-2011 at 04:02 AM.
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

I am Xtreme
    As long as we have plenty of graphics options and an ability to mod stuff we can surely utilize our PCs to their full potential.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 01Lude View Post
    regular working class people don't have enough buying power to demand good "niche" games anymore. this is why everything, not just video games, is going more and more mainstream. personally im really excited to hear a new elder scrolls game is in the works, but in reality i think it will end up being more "mainstream" than oblivion even. they can't make the game too complex or else it won't sell to the mainstream who demand simpler aspects of games these days. face it, most people today just want to run around and blow things up over and over and over and over... boobies, shotgun, zombies, rinse repeat.
    It's not that hard (economically) to make "niche" games, really. All you have to do is not throw such insane amounts of time and money on the presentation (advanced 3D graphics, for example). If I recall correctly, Fallout 2 took about a year to make in the late 90s, and it has quite a lot of actual content compared to many modern games. Minecraft shows it can still be done.

Games from the gaming industry have generally become less mainstream, by the way, not more mainstream. There's a reason why there were many more women and girls playing games around 15-20 years ago than there are now, though some games (WoW, The Sims, various Nintendo and flash games) still bring them in.

I also wonder why games would need to be more complex, with a few exceptions. Lots of games from before were fairly simple, but still pretty difficult (Metroid for NES, for example). Complexity without a very specific reason doesn't really help a game be fun...

More on topic, I hope Bethesda learned something from how New Vegas was made, so we don't get another dialog disaster like Oblivion. I suspect they might still be using the buggy engine that always crashes, though, but at least it is easily modded and has good enough graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by XSAlliN View Post
    It's a new ideology of game developers after seeing the success of Wii... They concluded that dummy-friendly games sell better than those which imply some reading and more thinking.
    It's sad how much idiocy (or is it arrogance?) there is among the development community...
    More or less text is generally a PC/Console cultural difference, probably due to the fact that you sit closer to a (relatively high-res?) computer screen than you do to a TV, rather than any kind of seperation between dummy-friendly and not so dummy-friendly games.

I think a large part of the reason few studios make games with lots of text in them today is because the kind of games that have historically been more common on computers, as opposed to traditional game consoles, have been forcibly relocated onto the "HD" consoles by the industry, and have had to drop the text parts due to the whole TV/monitor interface issues.

Of course, stupid games have been around since the 80s, were dumped on the Wii because developers/publishers have no connection to the customers and have sold quite poorly throughout history, not better. A prime example of a dumb game selling (extremely) poorly would be the horrible Metroid: Other M, which is complicated without having real difficulty and has lots of monologue/dialogue without any decent content.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
    Pretty much all Bethesda games have been ambitious but critically flawed and ultimately unenjoyable when the user becomes aware of those flaws. Game "journalists" never notice any of the flaws at launch (although they magicaly become aware of them about the time a new Bethesda game is announced)

TES V will be no different.
    It's the Rybicki maneuver all over again, really...

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Fallout 3 was developed with the 360 as the lead platform. That would also help to explain (along with Bethesda's awful QA) why the key bindings didn't work properly in the PC version before a patch or two.
    Last edited by Aerwidh; 02-16-2011 at 06:41 AM.
    Main Rig: Phenom II X6 1055T 95W @3562 (285x12.5) MHz, Corsair XMS2 DDR2 (2x2GB), Gigabyte HD7970 OC (1000 MHz) 3GB, ASUS M3A78-EM,
    Corsair F60 60 GB SSD + various HDDs, Corsair HX650 (3.3V/20A, 5V/20A, 12V/54A), Antec P180 Mini

Notebook: HP ProBook 6465b w/ A6-3410MX and 8GB DDR3 1600

Xtremeish
    Trailer released, gameplay included
    http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?ne...%3DktexkeBpMCM
    Last edited by Kallenator; 02-24-2011 at 07:48 AM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallenator View Post
    Trailer released, gameplay included
    http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?ne...%3DktexkeBpMCM
    Thanks!
    That's a PS3 trailer, though, at least according to the site.
    Either way... Some close-ups don't look perfect, but in general the graphics are great, especially the effects and rendering distance / detail.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Amazing! i really need to replay oblivion before this game releases to get in the mood
    I really hope for better gameplay and funnier sidequest's that u really want to do and of course more sandbox ownage.
    CPU: Intel i5 2500K + Antec Khuler 620 Memory: 4GB DDR3 Corsair DHX @ 1600MHz CL7 GPU: Nvidia GTX 560Ti + Antec Khuler 620
    Motherboard: Zotac Z68ITX-A-E HDD: Crucial M4 128GB + 2TB Samsung F4EG Chassi: Lian Li Q11B PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro 850W OS: Windows 7 x64
    Welcome to my home theater! | mattBLACK Gallery | Minima "H20" Gallery

Xtreme Addict
    yay! i have been waiting for this game for so long!
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    just start taking pics of peoples kids the parents will come talk to you shortly. if you have a big creepy van it works faster

Xtreme Member
    Should be a fun game, as long as they use a new engine.
    **RIG**
    -Intel i5 4670K 4.5GHz
    -Noctua NH-D14
    -AsRock Killerx87
    -Gskill 2100 c9
    -AMD Radeon HD7970
    -CM 690II

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast