Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Evga sr-2 classified | evga gtx 580 quad sli

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Vince is the X5680 clocks you are reaching about all that board can handle power wise, or would higher default muli or unlocked CPU unleash the beast? That's got to be a ton of stress on the IOH running such high bclock on two CPU's + 4 cards. Don't you just wish Intel would ship you a couple unlocked high leakage Xeon's just to see what you can do?

PI in the face
    Interesting MOD points, never seen those used on 580 before
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by chuchnit View Post
    Vince is the X5680 clocks you are reaching about all that board can handle power wise, or would higher default muli or unlocked CPU unleash the beast? That's got to be a ton of stress on the IOH running such high bclock on two CPU's + 4 cards. Don't you just wish Intel would ship you a couple unlocked high leakage Xeon's just to see what you can do?
    The higher multi is nice for sure as it should ease up strain on the base clock, but your also running lower memory/uncore in some cases so can't just rely on higher multi. In a perfect world, I'd want to run exactly how I am now but with one or more click higher on multi
    Last edited by k|ngp|n; 12-14-2010 at 12:55 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by k|ngp|n View Post
    The higher multi is nice for sure as it should ease up strain on the base clock, but your also running lower memory/uncore in some cases so can't just rely on higher multi. In a perfect world, I'd want to run exactly how I am now but with one or more click higher on multi
    I hear ya, but I ain't listening. I say you need unlocked uncore multipliers, two clicks up on the CPU multi for CPU test and three clicks for GT's. Isn't X5690 supposed to be in the works around 990x launch?

Quote Originally Posted by chuchnit View Post
    I hear ya, but I ain't listening. I say you need unlocked uncore multipliers, two clicks up on the CPU multi for CPU test and three clicks for GT's. Isn't X5690 supposed to be in the works around 990x launch?
    You want it all but thats cool I want it all too!
    Hoping these two beaten up ES's can last me until 5690, then I have to figure how to get two of those bad boys. My 5680 cpus are pretty solid tho. I'm always staying on the low end of voltages to preserve them for as long as possible. Benching them on the SR-2 is a great challenge and I'm very fortunate to have access to the HW that I'm using and try to make the best use of it thru effort. Pushing the hardware and enjoying the challenge of running a crazy system like this, thats SR-2 benching. It's unique.
    If your a nervous bencher this rig will devour u. I've had many moments like this these past few months chuch

Quote Originally Posted by Splave View Post
    Interesting MOD points, never seen those used on 580 before
    Why you always tryin to get to the bottom of somethin big guy?
    Last edited by k|ngp|n; 12-14-2010 at 05:30 PM.

It's fun to "captain" the ship. 7+ pot benching is possible with all the help from other benchers/friends that were involved with every session on this monster. Fugger, gatman, Beaux, juicy, friends etc.
    and for sure none of the benching is possible if it wasn't for the hardwork Peter/EVGA put into creating it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You want it all but thats cool I want it all too!
    Hoping these two beaten up ES's can last me until 5690, then I have to figure how to get two of those bad boys. My 5680 cpus are pretty solid tho. I'm always staying on the low end of voltages to preserve them for as long as possible. Benching them on the SR-2 is a great challenge and I'm very fortunate to have access to the HW that I'm using and try to make the best use of it thru effort. Pushing the hardware and enjoying the challenge of running a crazy system like this, thats SR-2 benching. It's unique.
    If your a nervous bencher this rig will devour u. I've had many moments like this these past few months chuch
    hehe I just want to see what the system is capable of. Right now low multi chips are holding it back I think. I bet that rig could keep three of you guys busy at times. I'll tell ya what though, binning these Xeon's must be a big challenge versus 980x. You can almost bin 2 980's for the price of one Xeon and yet you still have to find TWO good ones to run together.

It's fun to "captain" the ship. 7+ pot benching is possible with all the help from other benchers/friends that were involved with every session on this monster. Fugger, gatman, Beaux, juicy, friends etc.
    and for sure none of the benching is possible if it wasn't for the hardwork Peter/EVGA put into creating it.
    Leave it to sham to create a monster that is more than one man can handle huh? Wonder if Hipro could swing it. He has benched insane amount of pots solo before.

Yah well you can still get high memory/uncore speeds the old fashioned way through hard work when stuck on a low multi. My vantage rig is running a a lot faster than the screenshots suggest, those are just ending clocks.
    This one is for cool pushing some baseclock. Its not the limit, lost the ssd at 230 when I opened the program, so I shut down.
    It's pretty much untweaked, but it's correct scaling Had a problem getting some memory sticks to be recognized in bios always showed 2040mb dont know 100% why yet.
    Last edited by k|ngp|n; 12-14-2010 at 11:46 PM.

¿
    I've learned just pushing raw clocks as hard as you can is a really bad approach and not the best way, it simply doesn't cooperate.
    Man such a hard one too, totally goes against instinct. Fight fight fight and then countless litres later realize you need to take a different approach, been there done that

I am Xtreme
    The worst part is that you make it look so easy, KP.
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yah well you can still get high memory/uncore speeds the old fashioned way through hard work when stuck on a low multi. My vantage rig is running a a lot faster than the screenshots suggest, those are just ending clocks.
    This one is for cool pushing some baseclock. Its not the limit, lost the ssd at 230 when I opened the program, so I shut down.
    It's pretty much untweaked, but it's correct scaling Had a problem getting some memory sticks to be recognized in bios always showed 2040mb dont know 100% why yet.
    I think you just broke a lot of will with that screenie.

Quote Originally Posted by massman View Post
    The worst part is that you make it look so easy, KP.
    Freakin' cat like reflexes. I still can't believe how fast KP benches. Man on a mission is the only way I can explain it.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hiwa View Post
    nick used high GTs that's why he got higher GT, kingping benching max 5600/5700 on GTS i think
    Sorry but what are you talking about? GT? GTS? I though they used GTX (gtx580) cards ffs!
    WIN7.64 | GTX 295 | Intel C2Q Q9550 @ 2.83ghz | 2x2GB DDr2 RAM from Corsair | Corsair TX750 PSU | 19"w LG cr*p monitor | Dell logitech mouse and eclipse II keyboard.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by aNoN_ View Post
    Sorry but what are you talking about? GT? GTS? I though they used GTX (gtx580) cards ffs!
    Gulftown.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by aNoN_ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Gulftown.
    Nope. GT stands for game test in regards to what Hiwa was talking about. With 980x there tends to be a huge difference in what mhz you can run the game test at versus the CPU test. CPU test is the last two test so that's usually the mhz you see in the screenshots. ~CPU test mhz or lower

PIfection
    woot nice clocks big guy!

are you getting 1 thread finishing slower than the rest on your wprime runs?

1 thing i was very surprised with SR-2, even with 6 sticks of memory it is possible to push ram high and nice timings..

do you find vantage CPU test is actually easier than WPRIME as wprime is 24 threads and Vantage only 16? I can bench vantage CPU test higher than wprime..

you never stop.. i love it!

Xtreme Member
    Amazing King

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234