Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: NVIDIA GTX 595 (picture+Details)

Xtreme Addict
    What our friend Mr. Oslo needs to do is just stop playing the victim. It's that easy.

c[_]
    Oh, we're tolerant... on our good days

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    Wtf? You need to lay off the testosterone man
    Claiming you a long-term member here and trying to lecture others...
    6950 1gb are for noobs that don't know how to unlock the 2gbs
    I like the 560s more as well but the 6950s aren't dead...
    Hey hey hey there is nothing wrong with testosterone. In his case I wager its actually the excess estrogen levels

Serious
    --lapped Q9650 #L828A446 @ 4.608, 1.45V bios, 1.425V load.
    -- NH-D14 2x Delta AFB1212SHE push/pull and 110 cfm fan -- Coollaboratory Liquid PRO
    -- Gigabyte EP45-UD3P ( F10 ) - G.Skill 4x2Gb 9600 PI @ 1221 5-5-5-15, PL8, 2.1V
    - GTX 480 ( 875/1750/928)
    - HAF 932 - Antec TPQ 1200 -- Crucial C300 128Gb boot --
    Primary Monitor - Samsung T260

Xtreme Addict
    So how bad are my odds of it making evga stepup expiring in 8 days?

Xtreme Member
    Golden ... everyone is trying to guess if this is going to be 2x580 and huge power/heat house .... or it will be 560x2 ... with more shaders... and more memory ... or ... w8 ... GTX 560 with more shaders and more memory ... damn, isn't that a under-clocked GTX580? ehehehhe

We really don't know ... i was more into the 560x2 ... lol I don't really like to have huge hungry animals in my watercooling loop ... ( huge as ... too much power reqs ... too much heat ... ) ... so i will try to believe Nvidia is not going to create a Halley's comet
    Oh...your ass is grass and I've got the weed-whacker.

Xtreme Addict
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am an artist (EDM producer/DJ), pls check out mah stuff.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Postmodum View Post
    Golden ... everyone is trying to guess if this is going to be 2x580 and huge power/heat house .... or it will be 560x2 ... with more shaders... and more memory ... or ... w8 ... GTX 560 with more shaders and more memory ... damn, isn't that a under-clocked GTX580? ehehehhe

We really don't know ... i was more into the 560x2 ... lol I don't really like to have huge hungry animals in my watercooling loop ... ( huge as ... too much power reqs ... too much heat ... ) ... so i will try to believe Nvidia is not going to create a Halley's comet
    Haha, true true...

I hope we see 2x 580, personally... would make it one hell of a card. Power req I don't really care about much, heat is always an issue though.

Xtreme Member
    I mean ... i'm not saying that i won't get it ... my 295 will have to be up to the task 2 more months, because... i believe that only in March we'll see some good boards

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    So how bad are my odds of it making evga stepup expiring in 8 days?
    I'd say highly unlikely. Probably mid to end February earliest, same as for 6990...
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Addict
    8 days seems unlikely... my guess would be mid to end February as well

Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Oj101 View Post
    Sam, I'm going to make a serious suggestion here. Edit the text out of your posts and take a breather from the new section for a bit, the staff here might not be tolerant. It really does seem that you're throwing your toys out of the cot - sorry dude, saying it for what it is. Nobody here has said anything bad about you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Fox View Post
    What our friend Mr. Oslo needs to do is just stop playing the victim. It's that easy.
    Exactly, but he's been doing that for a while. Refer to the original 6xxx thread...

Xtreme Addict
    I think it's going to be gf110 based simply based on the notion Nvidia doesn't cater very well to 2nd place and consider the gpu's AMD is using for the 6990.

Nvidia has the go big or go home mentality and if they felt they wouldn't be able to nab the number one spot I don't think they would bother releasing a ultra high end product considering its a very low volume segment.
    Work Rig: Asus x58 P6T Deluxe, i7 950 24x166 1.275v, BIX2/GTZ/D5
    3x2048 GSkill pi Black DDR3 1600, Quadro 600
    PCPower & Cooling Silencer 750, CM Stacker 810

Game Rig: Asus x58 P6T, i7 970 24x160 1.2v HT on, TRUE120
    3x4096 GSkill DDR3 1600, PNY 660ti
    PCPower & Cooling Silencer 750, CM Stacker 830

AMD Rig: Biostar TA790GX A2+, x4 940 16x200, stock hsf
    2x2gb Patriot DDR2 800, PowerColor 4850
    Corsair VX450

Xtreme Addict
    but the high heat and leakage and the throtling involved with the 580 ... wouldnt that limit the performance too much???
    WILL CUDDLE FOR FOOD

Quote Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
    Dual proc client systems are like sex in high school. Everyone talks about it but nobody is really doing it.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sn0wm@n View Post
    but the high heat and leakage and the throtling involved with the 580 ... wouldnt that limit the performance too much???
    To be honest the 580 doesn't run that hot. Mine are quite a bit cooler than the 480's I was using. There new heatsink seems to be doing quite well.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_oslo View Post
    You see we started this discussing about survival of the direct competitor of 560, also the 6950-1GB's. I was referring to that when i said, it's dead, nobody will buy it unless the drop the price.

This statement "6950 1GB is slightly faster than 560 1GB while costing the same" is debatable, and there is different meanings about it. I personally (and several serious reviews too) mean 560 has the upper hand in performance/power-usage/OCing headroom.
    Anyways, we can always argue and never agree, but that's OK, because the price/performance-ratio is the most important factor in mainstream generally, and specially in this round where these cards are pretty close to each other.
    My statement was based on my own research, where I did a few days ago and ended up buying a 560. it's based on the prices at my local dealers. They are selling the 560 generally 10% cheaper then 6950 (which i have already provided links for), but if those German-pricing are current then these is another history, then either AMD has drooped the price, or something else. but anyways, it proves the point i was trying to make. Same point that I got flamed for. My main point was, and still is, they have to drop the price to survive, and they seams to have done it. Those German sites has proven my point was right!

I got flamed for saying they can't sell the 6950 for 10% more, they have to drop the price to become competitive and survive, and now your German-pricing are confirming the exact same point.

Do you think i can get a apology for all those baseless claims and all those aggressive flames? I don' think so, some will still try to be funny again, tomorrow too. LMAO.
    some "Xtreme Mentor" you are...
    your telling us that according to your research a 560 is the best card for YOU... and then concluse that the 560 is THE best card and the 6950 1gb is dead, and thats a fact...

you know the 560 is an awesome card, and id probably get one over a 6950 1gb, but thats my opinion, not a fact everybody has to accept and if they dont i call them noobs... and when they get upset i cry "foul" and complain why they are making it personal... and after all this, calling yourself a mentor and trying to lecture people here on the forums... chillax man, we are all on the same side here... we are all looking for the best price perf hardware for us, its just that we all have different experiences, preferences and requirements and live in different regions of the world, so there is no one truth...

and even if there WAS, arguing over it wont change a thing... its just a waste of time...
    try to make your case instead and tell people how good a or b is, and how much you like it, and you might actually convince somebody and change his mind...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    Wtf? You need to lay off the testosterone man
    Claiming you a long-term member here and trying to lecture others...
    6950 1gb are for noobs that don't know how to unlock the 2gbs
    I like the 560s more as well but the 6950s aren't dead...
    I would've said "lay off the peen" but I suppose peen's where testosterone comes from

http://bbs.expreview.com/thread-39467-1-1.html

Hopefully this info is legit, sorry its in Chinese, I don't even understand it myself as well but this source says there is indeed two GF110 chips.
    AMD Threadripper 12 core 1920x CPU OC at 4Ghz | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 motherboard | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM | Gigabyte 11GB GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme GPU | SilverStone Strider Platinum 1000W Power Supply | Crucial 1050GB MX300 SSD | 4TB Western Digital HDD | 60" Samsung JU7000 4K UHD TV at 3840x2160

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrono Detector View Post
    http://bbs.expreview.com/thread-39467-1-1.html

Hopefully this info is legit, sorry its in Chinese, I don't even understand it myself as well but this source says there is indeed two GF110 chips.
    I to hope it is right. But that top pic look pretty much identical to the one in the first post of this thread. If you look at the angles of the photo and its edges.

Xtreme Addict
    I believe those were the same pics leaked long ago as a prototype for something else, 375W and 8+8 pin isn't going to fly in retail

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zerazax View Post
    I believe those were the same pics leaked long ago as a prototype for something else, 375W and 8+8 pin isn't going to fly in retail
    what about a modeling aircraft???

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zerazax View Post
    Even a 375 watt card can make it to retail. Simply look at cards like the sapphire 4gb 5970 or the 4gb Ares or Gtx 295 mars edition, all of which can potentially consume more than 400 watts according to techpowerup. These cards will be made because the vendors want it. Expect some heavy duty power regulation though unless they make the cooler akin to something like the ares.
    Core i7 920@ 4.66ghz(H2O)
    6gb OCZ platinum
    4870x2 + 4890 in Trifire
    2*640 WD Blacks
    750GB Seagate.

Xtreme Member
    Yeah, maybe OC on these babies will be crap due to power regulations ... i don't know... but it will be a b-e-a-s-t ... yes sir ... if they launch it with those specs

Banned

Thats peak realistic usage, not a furmark one, but both companies have ways to clamp that.
    If we take that approximately 25W could be saved because of the fact that some components dont have to be doubled building X2 card
    ATI can use full 6970 Chips and stay in the power envelope, nvidia will need 400W.Both companies can use cherry picked chips, so using less default voltage.
    Unlimited furmark would make them blow tho :P.I expect ATI to utilise power tune to great extent preventing that, on the nvidia side probably some hardware method.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by tajoh111 View Post
    Even a 375 watt card can make it to retail. Simply look at cards like the sapphire 4gb 5970 or the 4gb Ares or Gtx 295 mars edition, all of which can potentially consume more than 400 watts according to techpowerup. These cards will be made because the vendors want it. Expect some heavy duty power regulation though unless they make the cooler akin to something like the ares.
    Those cards were released long after reference, and were custom designed by AIBs

They're not going to be released outside of PCI spec from Nvidia itself as a reference card

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_oslo View Post
    First of all, don't repeat my lines with changing the meaning of it.
    I did not change any meaning of your lines, in order to do that I would have to start thinking on the same level like you.
    About the same level I mean. Please go back here, and read carefully and slowly what you said. Off course my reply
    was sarcastic, sorry you didn't get it. Just guessing by your reply here.

I believe you must be the ONLY person in the whole world speculating AMD might be scared to release the HD 6990 because of the rumored Nvidia dual GPU card. Some strange stuff you must be smoking.

Are you saying it was a good move to delay the 6990? Got'a be a limit for what you can accept and defend, even as a hard core AMM fan.
    Where did I say delay is good move? Anyway HD 6970 & 6950 was delayed 3weeks, therefore HD 6990 also needs to be delayed since it's using binned chips. The new Q1 2011 release time was announced by AMD long time before this rumored Nvidia dual GPU card, so the delay has no connection as you are trying to speculate about it.
    For example the HD 5970 was released 2 months after the HD 5870. In my opinion AMD should have waited even longer to build up the inventory, since the card was sold out the first day, guess they underestimated the sales,
    Who the heck is "hard core AMM fan", is this something about :banana::banana::banana::banana:.

I'm afraid the reason wasn't so simple as you are trying to explain. I said "AMD has chickened out" already last year when they announced that nasty delay. They had to go back to drowning board and make a "new" redesigned/re-freshed (or whatever you want to call it).
    "AMD has chickened out" is complete nonsense, why don't you think twice before you post, same goes for the "new" redesigned/re-freshed . I know AMD is good , but nobody can redesigned or re-fresh Graphic Card in 3 weeks.
    Now the big question is: can 6990 (which got redesigned/re-freshed before GTX560) still be competitive against nVidia's next double-GPU? I don't think so, because nVidia has several option to match/beat at right at the day of release.
    Now where the heck you got the idea that HD 6990 "got redesigned/re-freshed".

I have no idea which card is going to be faster and sure I'm not going to speculate about it based on some rumors, but since you're such expert I leave to you. In any case one of the card is going to be second fastest graphic card on the market, not so bad if we like too see any competition.

That nasty delay has actually killed AMD's wild card, it can't do anything good any longer. You may mean otherwise, but the future comes fast enough.
    I'm really getting scared about the future. The only advantage i have that I don't believe graphic cards are about religion, even less about fanatical religion.

AMD doesn't have any wild card so nothing is going to be killed except in your head. AMD strategy for the flagship card is to use dual GPU, nothing will change this round.

Sometime I wonder when I read your posts what you smoke. I also wonder why do you need to include in every post AMD vs Nvidia, ALWAYS being negative about AMD and having the guts calling others AMD fanboys, when they don't agree with your highly speculative post based not even on rumors. You just make up your own rumors without thinking twice about it, if at all.
    Last edited by Heinz68; 01-31-2011 at 10:05 AM.
    Core i7-4930K LGA 2011 Six-Core - Cooler Master Seidon 120XL ? Push-Pull Liquid Water
    ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition LGA2011 - G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1866
    Sapphire R9 290X 4GB TRI-X OC in CrossFire - ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe
    Intel X25-M 160GB G2 SSD - WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6
    Corsair HX1000W PSU - Pioner Blu-ray Burner 6X BD-R
    Westinghouse LVM-37w3, 37inch 1080p - Windows 7 64-bit Pro
    Sennheiser RS 180 - Cooler Master Cosmos S Case

Banned
    wow, so much test for such a speculative subject

Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast