Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for vapochill control software

Xtreme Member

looking for vapochill control software

looking for vapochill control software. the last one made.
    thanks.

Xtreme Addict
    http://support.asetek.com/index.php?...pcid=5&nav=0,5

Still on the manufacturer's website.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mole View Post
    http://support.asetek.com/index.php?...pcid=5&nav=0,5

Still on the manufacturer's website.
    yeah...the problem though...that's not the newer one. that is 1.6 and the new beta was 2.1 or something or the other.

Xtreme Addict
    Always the option of contacting Asetek directly, they may have the Beta software if it exists. Never heard about that version though. The usual though, issue a request 'ticket' through support and hope they answer you Since it's no longer made, there's no guarantee they'll bother but hopefully. I didn't have a great deal of success when I was dealing with them for things like that, but I just don't see anyone hosting anything newer than what's on the site.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Always the option of contacting Asetek directly, they may have the Beta software if it exists. Never heard about that version though. The usual though, issue a request 'ticket' through support and hope they answer you Since it's no longer made, there's no guarantee they'll bother but hopefully. I didn't have a great deal of success when I was dealing with them for things like that, but I just don't see anyone hosting anything newer than what's on the site.

Gray
    http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.ph...ng-help-links/
    they did have it and everyone links to it, but the links are no longer valid.

but i will try to email them...
    thanks for the fast reply..

last...my screen shows blue but no text on screen...any ideas?

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah, the old Asetek forum is dead, so those links are all dead with it.

The CC blue screen. Not sure if anyone ever figured out a real fix for it, but I didn't. Could get it to work most of the time, but running the CC software seemed to make the Vapo display go blank most of the time, and usually had to wait and restart the Vapo to get the display back after changing settings. Annoying, and I don't know if that beta would have fixed it. If it did it'll take care of the issues, but the boards on the LS were pretty flakey. Really nice controller, granted, but a little twitchy. Ok, a lot twitchy

But yeah, if it switches the PC as normal, but has no display, either the cable, display or board could be an issue, but I found the board to usually be the problem if it won't come back to life.

DL to manual for the LS and do the 'jumper reset' and it usually takes care of it, though no guarantees that if you redo the settings using the CC software it won't stay off again (blue light only)

Sorry, wish I could do more, but if the new software fixed that issue it'd be a real plus for Vapo users.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Yeah, the old Asetek forum is dead, so those links are all dead with it.

The CC blue screen. Not sure if anyone ever figured out a real fix for it, but I didn't. Could get it to work most of the time, but running the CC software seemed to make the Vapo display go blank most of the time, and usually had to wait and restart the Vapo to get the display back after changing settings. Annoying, and I don't know if that beta would have fixed it. If it did it'll take care of the issues, but the boards on the LS were pretty flakey. Really nice controller, granted, but a little twitchy. Ok, a lot twitchy

But yeah, if it switches the PC as normal, but has no display, either the cable, display or board could be an issue, but I found the board to usually be the problem if it won't come back to life.

DL to manual for the LS and do the 'jumper reset' and it usually takes care of it, though no guarantees that if you redo the settings using the CC software it won't stay off again (blue light only)

Sorry, wish I could do more, but if the new software fixed that issue it'd be a real plus for Vapo users.

Gray
    indeed! board is shaky, flakey and a bit temperamental!. i moved my unit and the controller when out..wasn't touching anything and it wasn't on.
    so i got a new one the other day. now i get the blue screen of vapo death...lol
    tried all the resets and still nothing, but at least it turns on with the switch now...
    can't seem to win for losing these days..

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by johnksss View Post
    indeed! board is shaky, flakey and a bit temperamental!. i moved my unit and the controller when out..wasn't touching anything and it wasn't on.
    so i got a new one the other day. now i get the blue screen of vapo death...lol
    tried all the resets and still nothing, but at least it turns on with the switch now...
    can't seem to win for losing these days..
    Heh, I actually have a board here that's toast too. Kept it as a souveneir or something like that. Never know when you need a bad VapoLS board?

If moving it messed with the ribbon cable or anything else, it's worth looking and wiggling them, though you could pinout with a DVM and see if there's any bad pins or wires.

Long as it's working, I suppose it's better than nothing at all. Shame though, pretty when it works.

I know Kitronics still has a board or 2 around, might be the only ones that do. Controllers always seem to be the biggest hassle.

I'm sure if I search, though, I have at least 4 bad Mach2 boards, and possibly one that works at least you're not alone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    I'll check the version of mine when I get home, it's been running flawlessly for years!!

Xtreme Member
    Heh, I actually have a board here that's toast too. Kept it as a souveneir or something like that. Never know when you need a bad VapoLS board?

If moving it messed with the ribbon cable or anything else, it's worth looking and wiggling them, though you could pinout with a DVM and see if there's any bad pins or wires.

Long as it's working, I suppose it's better than nothing at all. Shame though, pretty when it works.

I know Kitronics still has a board or 2 around, might be the only ones that do. Controllers always seem to be the biggest hassle.

I'm sure if I search, though, I have at least 4 bad Mach2 boards, and possibly one that works at least you're not alone
    yeah, i bought a new board a last week or so, but now the screen shows nothing but 2 lines....

Quote Originally Posted by Ian[Frozen] View Post
    I'll check the version of mine when I get home, it's been running flawlessly for years!!
    cool, thanks.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    2.0.19 is the last version I saw on their website, I'm using that version in Windows 7 64-bit without issues.

Quite surprised to see the Vapochill forum completely disappear, there was a lot of good information on there even if Asetek were no longer interested in that market.

ps. Hi Gray Mole! My Vapochill LS that you modded is still going strong, though I really should upgrade to a Core i7!

Xtreme Member
    Same here, just checked my version and it's 2.0.19

Xtreme Member
    Durzel: How did you mod your Vapo?

I'm looking into how to mod my Vapo so it can handle the load from my 980X.
    Right now it's working if I use programs that only use 1-2 threads but more than that the temps start to rise quickly.

Intel Core i7-5930K(ES) 4.4GHz (100x44) 1.35V
    ASUS Rampage V Extreme 3701
    Corsair Dominator 4x4GB DDR4-3000C15 (15-17-17-35) 1.35V
    ASUS GTX680DCII Top SLI
    1x Intel 750 800GB SSD
    2x Intel 730 240GB SSD RAID-0
    Plextor PX-820SA DVD-RW
    Antec 920
    Corsair Obsidian 750D case w/ Corsair HX1000W PSU

Xtreme Addict
    Hey Durzel

Good to hear, though yeah back then there was no need to mod for higher load.

Now it's 300 to 350w you need to make sure of 4-6 core capacity. back then, maybe 200 to 250 at most.

VapoLS will do the 6 core but your temps are going to be pretty high with that capacity.

Just made a 1/4hp unit up and it's not bad, but around -20 at 350w, -40 no load. Quite good for the load and small compressor but still pretty high temps compared to the big compressors.

The LS compressor is a smaller 1/4hp but -10 to -20 would be doable.

Really need more condensor power though. Bigger, or a second condensor similar to the one that it comes with. Very tight fit in the case though, having a pair of condensors, and you really need them 'front and back' with both pulling air in to get the best out of both. Air in the front, out the back with a condensor in the back means you're not getting full heat removal from it.

That's a vapo case set up like I mean. not the greatest second condensor but I had it around. Swapped to a 1/3hp instead of the smaller vapo compressor, but I'm going to be testing today to see how the 350w tuning performs.

As long as the condensors can keep the condensing temp close to or at ambient I'll be happy with it. Should, the vapo original could move 250w of heat, and the little one around 200. Together, 450ish watts out, so with the compressor dumping in 100w max, it should work out to my rough calculations.

I'll post this one when I get the evap lapped for the load tester, but it shows the basic format for the mod to high load on Vapo types if a 2 condensor mod is the best and cheapest option.

Larger is great, but it's hard to find an ideal condensor for case sizes. Frustrating, so I came up with this.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Guru
    do you still do vapo mods? i just happen to have one setting here, and im not sure if it can hold a i7 920 over 4.6..do you think it could?
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Jesus Saves, God Backs-Up
    *I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.*-[XC]Gomeler
    Don't believe Squish, his hardware does control him!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Computurd View Post
    do you still do vapo mods? i just happen to have one setting here, and im not sure if it can hold a i7 920 over 4.6..do you think it could?
    I PM'd about stuff.

But that Vapo is usually around 200 to 225 max capacity depending on the model. Some were 240w tuned but I saw a max of 225 on my load tester.

So it'll do some OC, but quads are really out of it's range without a mod. Waste to have a freezer on there and not be able to OC much more than a waterblock.

300w tuning is ideal for quad, 350w is better for 6 core so you've got some room to move.

Vapo can be pretty good after a mod for mild cooling at high load if you want it to be a really quiet cooler.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Legend
    if someone needs the "VapoChill Control Panel v2.0.19" software i have it as well.

Xtreme Member
    ok, got it working so to speak...but the screen still doesnt work..can't win for losing..
    now im looking for a condenser. anyone have one for sale??? or know where to find one. thanks.

and thanks to all who helped me with the control software project.

now...as for my vapo chilling my 980x....i can bench vantage at 4.8 ghz on it...but as mentioned in the thread...temps get pretty high...in my case..about 60C on the highest core.
    if im not benching. i can run 5 ghz pretty much all day long doing my normal everyday stuff. i also now have 4 fans on the condenser as well.

Xtreme Addict
    Hey John

When you're benching, is Vantage using all 6 cores? What's the Vcore? Does is say what the Vapo's temp is at all?

Trying to get an idea of where you stand for actual wattage for your OC and vcore and core usage. More info is handy

Depends where you are, but there's a couple guys sell those if you have someone to install it, or you can do the mod up yourself.

I'll be posting a thread on the Vapo mod I did, in case anyone wants info on an easy mod for high load on them.

But just a condensor and some 3/8" pipe, along with a captube adjust/change, is enough to get it hold 350+ watts really well.

Though the smaller LS compressor will only do around -15 to -20 at best with that load, it's still not bad

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Hey John

When you're benching, is Vantage using all 6 cores? What's the Vcore? Does is say what the Vapo's temp is at all? all 6 cores / 12 threads cpu temps about 60 on hottest core or tcase can be between 28 to 40. depending on voltage at time of bench

Trying to get an idea of where you stand for actual wattage for your OC and vcore and core usage. More info is handy between 1.48V up to 1.635 depends on what is benched

Depends where you are, but there's a couple guys sell those if you have someone to install it, or you can do the mod up yourself. got some one to install it, just need it..

I'll be posting a thread on the Vapo mod I did, in case anyone wants info on an easy mod for high load on them. very very interested in this here!

But just a condensor and some 3/8" pipe, along with a captube adjust/change, is enough to get it hold 350+ watts really well.

Though the smaller LS compressor will only do around -15 to -20 at best with that load, it's still not bad mine is holding around -25 to -28, but as like yours..i have it connected to a bottle of 507.. so as to be able to add or subtract when needed.

Gray
    damn, didn't know i wasn't subscribed to this thread!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3436.JPG 
Views:	529 
Size:	362.4 KB 
ID:	110693   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3437.JPG 
Views:	496 
Size:	354.9 KB 
ID:	110694   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3438.JPG 
Views:	547 
Size:	368.3 KB 
ID:	110695  
    Last edited by johnksss; 12-29-2010 at 04:32 PM. Reason: pictured added

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by johnksss View Post
    damn, didn't know i wasn't subscribed to this thread!
    Hooked up to a bottle? That's pretty cool actually

Weird, but cool.

Yeah, I've started the thread, but I ran out of 'stock footage' pics, so later tonight I'm going to get a whole bunch of 'mockup' pics done for the examples.

If you follow the wordings, and the basic (but awful) pics there, you can get the basics of it.

If your cpu is running 60c and the evap is -25 or lower, you're not transferring heat very well. Your mount it probably ok (worth checking) but I think the captube is probably just too long/too restrictive get enough heat out of the CPU.

That, or the mount could be iffy, or the mobo could be reporting badly. But at 60 it's usually close, so I'd have to say that it's not getting the heat out of the cpu for whichever reason.

I'm curious once you get a mod done what you'll end up with for temps. The rest is cool, just the evap I don't know if it's good for high load or not.

The design of the vapo evap is decent though. So it's worth a try

You can wait for the rest of the pics, but if you have a read through that thread on the Vapo mod, you'll get an idea of what's needed, at least the way I normally do it.

Piotres in eastern europe has some, RunMC here in the US has them too. There's other guys around too but that's a start if you wanted to PM someone close to you.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Just saw your pics

The vapo accumulator isn't bad, and if you rework the captube that's there so you can shorten it but still have a good wrap on the accumulator, you can solder the captube to the accumulator pretty easy. Works nice as a high load slhx for a small system.

I'd still make the suction pipe longer though, much as you can fit really. Take more refrigerant in the system than it was designed for, so larger suction volume is key to increasing load.

It's explained in the thread, but once I finally get the rest of the pics done, way easier to see.

You do need to make better use of the space though :p

If it came to it, I do have one spare of the same I used in my Vapo mod example. The rear square one.

Those aren't great, but they do allow for the space at the bottom for the board.

PM me if you can't find anything else. I'd rather just keep it, but if you're close and it's hard to find one that's compact, I'm happy to help out

Oh, if you used one of this type, they're a little thicker. It'd be best for space if you swapped to a 25mm rear fan instead of the stock 38mm one.

I was just barely clearing both ends even with the 25mm fan, but like I said it's a tight mod to do.

I may have a better quality condensor I could spare too, I've just been doing some salvaging and modding on a thin high efficiency condensor.

I prefer to keep stuff for my own projects, but finding a really ideal size for these is a bit hard. That's why I've been chopping up and modding condensors myself. Just too hard to find the right size.

I don't know if Ron (RunMC) can still get the small condensors. Worth asking though

Gray
    Last edited by Gray Mole; 12-29-2010 at 04:45 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Oh yeah.

Was gonna say, you need to get to Home Depot or something and grab a small roll of their 'pipe wrap' tape. That electrical tape looks awful

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    yeah, that was then, but now i just have wire ties on. i have new foam wraps, but want to switch the condenser out before re wrapping the pipes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsDSCN3598.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	384.6 KB 
ID:	110696  

Xtreme Addict
    Holy crap!

Never seen quite that many stacked fans

When this is done you'll actually be able to set up a pretty quiet fan speed. The pair of condensors (if the second is decent) is great for that.

Turns in into a high load machine, but still let's you have a fairly quiet system.

Oh, if you have large enough foam, you can use rubber cement on the foam to make it solid again, instead of cable ties and/or foam tape.

Cheaper too, and it works really well on the foam tubing.

So yeah, just need to source a condensor and it looks like you're set
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast