Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking for vapochill control software

Xtreme Addict
    http://under-the-ice.com/index.php?c...e8545510d4220a

If you're in the US, that one looks like it'll fit. Don't know the exact thickness but the sizing looks about right.

Might have to get rid of the one or both back mounting 'nut-sert' if you want to put the case top back on.

Will edit with a Euro source in a sec.

Edit: Nothing on Piotres website about condensors, but I know he's got some so could PM if you're on that side of the water

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    already talked to ron and scott and bot have nothing on had at the moment...

and the new foam i have now is doubled sided stick. looks very nice and will not come apart. got it from one of my ac clients.
    im using it on my water chiller lines now.

i was able to pull this run off my little old vapo.
    http://hwbot.org/community/submissio...80_35430_marks
    4.9 ghz
    Last edited by johnksss; 12-29-2010 at 05:19 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Nice one!

Well if you get totally stuck I have a couple here that would do the job. Welcome to PM if you are.

That tubing is great, but a bit pricey if you have to buy it. It's why I swapped to just solid, and slice and glue if need be.

Don't mind getting my hands dirty

But I've been gathering the big condensors and working them into smaller ones as much as I can to cut costs.

If you're handy with that stuff, it's pretty easy to chop one up and rebraze the return bends.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    who me? not that handing with the cutting and brasing...lol that's why i was looking for already done and ready to go. and the 5x5 cube seems like a nice fit. but before i was wanting the vapo look...now...i just want the cold over the look..lol

Xtreme Addict

That's the one I used on the Vapo mod in the thread, and one that I cut out of a larger 9000btu condensor.

Made four of the blue ones, high efficiency design so work well. just a pain to make :p

End up with around 250 to 300w each of heat removal. Not bad for a small condensor, but the pipe walls are really thin and rifled and the fin design is really good.

Had to make my own return bends though. That's a hassle.

But as an addon to the existing condensor, both of these are ok. The blue one's thin, so easier to fit the 38mm fan, but nothing for a shroud or mount the way they are.

That larger cube is pretty awful considering, but in the Vapo mod, was enough to get around 3-4 degrees above ambient on the filter and maintain high load.

So that's all I'm finding is needed.

Not going to need much more for the vapo and 6 core capacity, and really that little compressor isn't going to get remarkably cold. When you have a good mod on it, the evap at 6 core load should be around -15 to -20 at best, but the cpu temp should be more like 10c at most, maybe 20c if the mount is mediocre, or the heatspreader is a bit scratched or warped.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    ok. so running wprime 1.55 6/12 what kind of temp do you get with this? on the cpu (hottest core)

Xtreme Addict
    Well you can really only guess, but the 2 units I've thrown together here with smaller compressors have run -20 and -25 at 350w or so. the Danfoss larger was -25, so I'm guessing your Vapo is going to be more like the other one with a 1/4hp compressor.

so, if at 350w it's -20 or so then it depends on your cpu.

If your 6 core maxed out is actually at 350w and your unit ends up holding -20 evap then it's just a matter of working out the difference.

Intel heatspreader internal contact is normally pretty good. So usually it's something like 20 degrees of difference, sometimes as high as 30 with really high load (paste etc slowing down the transfer of heat.

So like I said, considering the expected load, around 10c would be a reasonable estimate, with a possibility of it being less load, or less thermal interference.

So a good mount, a chip that's not a bad/heavy clocker, and a good heatspreader that's really flat and internally good contact, as little as -25 evap temp (if it's pulling more like 300w or so) and if you lucked out at 15 degrees difference, maybe -10.

So -10 to plus 10 is a wide guess, but if you split the difference and said the cpu should show 0c as the warmest core, you'd probably be pretty close to the core temp, at least on average.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    my evap right now holds at -25 to -28 under heavy load.

so what is the highest vantage you have with that new setup?

Xtreme Addict
    Oh it's not on a cpu.

It's on a load tester. All I can do is extrapolate from the data out there for 4 and 6 core.

Thing is, if your evap is that cold, but your cpu is at 60, you're not getting the heat out of it. -28 on the evap of the smaller compressor build (likely similar to yours) is around 175w, 200w max.

So while your evap is reading cold, if you had decent contact you'd have a warmer evap and a colder cpu.

A difference of 30 degrees should be max to be honest. You're showing a difference of almost 90 degrees between the cpu and evap. That's a problem

When you have a 30 degree (or less if it's a good mount, etc.) then you can start looking more at the evap temp, but right now you're likely not getting all the heat out of the cpu, and that's why it's reading so hot and the evap so cold.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    well, ron mcall made the evap. and when i mount it on my cpu, i put the head of the evap on the tcase first, then tighten the screws down. so i know it's flush. but ill run some test on it today and see where it sits now.

edit:
    just ran it at 4.6 ghz using wprime 1.55 with vcore set to 1.48125V with vdroop - 1.411V. max core temp was 39C - max tcase was 19C / meter started at -27.5C and raised to -23.6C / yellow jacked showed about 15 psi on the cold side and 275 on the high side / kill-o-watt meter started at 250 watts and during run it was up to 417 watts / idle temps are all under -15C with cpu showing -31C in eleet.
    vantage ran abut 5C cooler.

Xtreme Addict
    275 high side?

Wow that's a bit high, though I suppose you're having to push pretty hard to get it to run the single condensor. The fans must help but that's a bit high.

Ok, so the killawatt was 250w, and that's your total PC draw, up to 420ish. So 170w over idle, and if it's a cpu only kind of bench program, could be around 150 actual cpu added draw.

Could be lower wattage than I'd estimate on your OC, but knowing for a fact if your contact is definitely good would be better.

If it's a decent evap, and Ron brazed, then that should be good. Only question there is if it's definitely good on the mount. I've gotten them a bit off myself, and it's a lot easier to get a good mount on the load tester than on a cpu.

But your your idle temp can be low with a bad mount, and if the temps shoot up a lot (and if you're getting 40 to 60c reported on the cpu under load, then that is a lot) then you're very likely not getting a good mount.

I'm not saying the cooler isn't ok though the single condensor is suffering for sure, or that you don't know how to get a good mount. Just that the data says 'bad mount'.

That -31c is probably off, so can ignore it.

The -15 idle reading, with a -28 evap temp, sounds like you're getting closer to a real indication, but if you're only pulling 30-50w at idle (I'm not sure about idle heatload on those) then that's also an indication of possible bad mount.

I know you can't always trust the reported temps, but if the mobo is able to read that low, and even if it's 5-10c off at best, it's still raising the question.

But that 39c core temp when the evap's at -25 or so, that's a dead give away of bad contact.

Really, I'd check the mount, pull apart when warm, and try to pull it straight off if possible (not easy) to get a look at what the paste looks like, and if it's spread flat and thin, or if there's a high spot blocking it from sitting right. Maybe a chunk of insulation dropped in, or you got a scratch on the face that's sticking out. Anything that pushes it off even a tiny bit will mess up the heat transfer.

Only takes 1/4 of a millimeter and the paste is so thick it doesn't transfer heat right.

Between that and the temp you're seeing on the evap under load, just seems a bit low.

At high load, your evap should be a touch warmer, and your cpu core should stay a lot lower.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Turrican View Post
    if someone needs the "VapoChill Control Panel v2.0.19" software i have it as well.
    Could you send it to me or something?

I tried to get it from Asetek, but nothing. Here is the email:

Hi Daniel,

I am afraid we no longer have the software for VapoChill LS available for download.

Zack Fanning

Marketing Communications Manager

Asetek

5285 Hellyer Ave

San Jos?, CA 95138 ? USA
    Phone: +1 408 998 9002 x11124 Mobile: +1 408 256 3118
    Skype-ID: asetek_zfa Web: www.asetek.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12