Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 99% certain I fried my Bloodrage...opinions?

Technician
    Do you think that no bootblock could cause what Lenny is describing saaya (the debug LED not firing up)?

Xtreme Member
    Interesting...
    sighs, and nearly weeps.. I actually came here to mention I had a problem and then saw this thread.. while I didnt have the shorted wires concerns, what did happen is this.
    Ive had this board since they first came out, well, maybe a couple months after( the Quantum Force) bought it because of the beauty of the boards colors and then after haveing it a short time, totally fell in love with it for its OC and speeds. It has been running a 920 @ 20x200 since then... A few night ago, it shut down, and my son tried to reboot it, gave failed OC message, Instead of getting me, he kept trying to restart it, and eventually I found it in this state.
    Boot up, nothing on the code lights, and then it just shuts down...Ive tried it a few times, no code lights, did the usual, pulled the battery etc etc etc... still nothing...

tried the jumper pins, nothing, swapped the bios chips, nothing...no post still.
    I have a EVGA 760with a 950, ..a Gigabyte x58 extreme with a 930....but no matter what, I want to get this board back up and running again...

So I guess my only option is to see about a repair... the question is... will I have to send it over seas ( im in the usa)...either way, it has been one of my fav all time boards and whatever it takes, its worth it to me.

Oh, the only thing I did different, was doing some OC'ing with it a few days before( its colder in my man cave this time of year, and felt like playing) everything left the same on voltages as what its been running for what 2 years?? I changed the vtt to +400 but the rest remained the same...core @ 1.385..ram at 1.66 OCZ platinum 1600's
    I7 950
    EVGA760 Classified/EK Block
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    EK 580GTX Block/ 2x EK Coolstream 240's
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    +400 is quite a lot on the VTT which may be the culprit; could have done some heat damage if you were using air cooling.

I'm not sure about where you'd have to send your board; for me in the UK I have to send it overseas to Europe.
    i7 920 D0 | TRUE Cu | ASUS RIIIE | 6GB Dominator GT | Gigabyte GTX480 Special Edition | Win7 Ultimate x64

Xtreme Member
    yea, it was on air Lenny, I had thought it may have been that it killed it due to the added (VTT and the mem controller)...but while benching, ( i was pushing/playing with some tight ram settings) temps were pretty much normal for what it had been...

hmm if its killed the cpu, it would still show a post code though wouldnt it???
    I7 950
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

Technician
    Board is fine at +400vtt - more likely to damage the cpu. Doubt its killed it though in just a quick bench session. I've run way more than that for extended bench sessions.

I guess you need to start swapping stuff around between your i7's dude .

Xtreme Member
    Pilsy..it actually wasnt just the quick test runs ( maybe an hours worth) I didnt reset the Vtt after those runs, so it ran that way for a few days...I agree, I didnt think +400 VTT would kill the board. im thinking the cpu, my question is this ( before I pull apart my gigabyte board for the cpu ) would it not show a boot code of any kind if the cpu wasnt intialising??or dead?? run for maybe a minute then shut down??? once again...all lights light up, but no diagnostic codes nothing, only a very quick flash when it shuts down...

thanx guys,,, Of course that was my next process, was trying my other cpu in the board, but I always thought it would at least show some kinda code even if the cpu was dead...
    I7 950
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I didnt reset the Vtt after those runs, so it ran that way for a few days
    Yeah this is what I thought +400 for benching is OK, but as I gathered you had it like this for a few days, which is not quite "ideal"
    i7 920 D0 | TRUE Cu | ASUS RIIIE | 6GB Dominator GT | Gigabyte GTX480 Special Edition | Win7 Ultimate x64

Technician
    TBH ive never tried a dead cpu in the bloodrage. Previous experience with dead cpu's has been fans spinning, lights on on board and a constant siren from the onboard speaker. Do you get any speaker noise at all? Tried it without a cpu installed at all?

Xtreme Member
    well, it must be the board, with cpu, or without the cpu, I get nothing, no beeps sirens etc......tomorrow, Im going to put the cpu that was in the BR into my gig board, if its functioning, then at least I know nothing else went with it...thinking its time to contact Foxconn and see if they think it can be repaired......

appreciate the suggestions guys.... crosses fingers it can be repaired... Id really hate to loose this board, been buildin since AMD 60's, and overclocking since AMD 1800 cpu's , think Ive had them all, boards, cpu's etc etc etc and on and on, and this would be the only one Id actually feel a loss for if its not repaireble or replaceable......
    I7 950
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Let us know how you get on. I really need to have a look at my foxconn but have been very distracted the past few days with all the snow lol.

Xtreme Member
    Lenny...I just sent an email to their rma line in this forum this morning.

I recieved a copy of what appears to be them forwarding it to another section of their rma request process... we will see.

Im convinced it has bitten the dust, and hopefully, it will all work out in the end...

I even have the original box with all accesories still .....
    I7 950
    6 gigs Dominator 2000CL8
    580GTX
    Corsair HX1000
    HAF 932
    4X Triebwerks SL's
    Apogee XT/ MCP 655

[/url]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12