Thread: Looking for Win7 drivers for Soundblaster PCI 128!

Xtreme Member

Looking for Win7 drivers for Soundblaster PCI 128!

Like topic says, where can i find this? I only find for xp, nt,me,2000 etc..

It's the Creative Sound Blaster PCI128 ! HELP!
    WIN7.64 | GTX 295 | Intel C2Q Q9550 @ 2.83ghz | 2x2GB DDr2 RAM from Corsair | Corsair TX750 PSU | 19"w LG cr*p monitor | Dell logitech mouse and eclipse II keyboard.

Xtremely Retired OC'er
    Your windows 7 are 32 bit?, if so then you may have chance to make it run.

http://support.creative.com/Products...Sound+Blaster#

maybe you can find it here, or with creative software auto update.

Ur manualy select with your windows device maneger to your extractred driver so then windows takes what it need..

Is hard i think windows need open al drivers.
    Creative and microsoft got litle war and bouth was aming wery hie in vista times

Xtreme Member
    Wow, first off.. your english is horrible.

Secondly, why the hell do you presume i would use a 32bit version of Win7? I mean who does that nowdays? Didnt you know u can't get out all 4gb's of RAM when u use 32?

Ofc i have 64bit. Now, u told me to look at the creative homepage. I already searched there, plus everywhere else ffs.. Otherwise i wouldn't have come here.

Thanks for brining me... nothing.
    WIN7.64 | GTX 295 | Intel C2Q Q9550 @ 2.83ghz | 2x2GB DDr2 RAM from Corsair | Corsair TX750 PSU | 19"w LG cr*p monitor | Dell logitech mouse and eclipse II keyboard.

Fanboy of Good Products
    Quote Originally Posted by aNoN_ View Post
    Wow, first off.. your english is horrible.

Secondly, why the hell do you presume i would use a 32bit version of Win7? I mean who does that nowdays? Didnt you know u can't get out all 4gb's of RAM when u use 32?

Ofc i have 64bit. Now, u told me to look at the creative homepage. I already searched there, plus everywhere else ffs.. Otherwise i wouldn't have come here.

Thanks for brining me... nothing.
    you need to check yourself real fast. first off not everyone speaks english as their first language (yours isn't all that great either btw)

secondly, whenever someone tries to help you consider it a favor. even if they don't help they didn't have to take the time to try.

acting like that is no way to treat anyone, even a stranger. i hope you choose to represent XS in a better way from here on out. thank you
    Cruncher #1: EVGA Z68 FTW | i7-2600k @ 4.5 | 6GB Ram
    Cruncher #2: Supermicro Dual-Socket | 2 x 6-core Opterons | 4GB Ram
    Cruncher #3: 8-core Xserve 1,1

T400 for non-crunching

"But don't think you'll run me over - It's, ah, planting season here in Texas... and the farm is growing..." -Otis11 on crunching WCG

Banned
    edit...

removed once I read the OP's childish rant
    Last edited by THOMO; 11-18-2010 at 01:37 PM.

Xtreme Member
    I'm only replying to help someone who'd google this page, certainly not because of the nice way the OP thanks people.

I have no clue if the driver will work with your particular sound card, but this guy seems to be making custom drivers for Creative products. Might be worth it to contact him or search in the direction of custom drivers.

http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-...009/m-p/527485
    Main : i7 920 D0 @ 4ghz on Rampage II Gene - H2O - 6gb XMS3 1680mhz C9 - GTX 580
    Sossaman : Dual Yonah @ 2.0ghz
    Server: 1055T 6 core @ 3.6ghz - air cooled - 16gb KVR1333 - 8 x 1TB Caviar Black
    HTPC : i5 760 @ 4ghz on Maximus III Gene - H2O - 8gb KVR1333 - GTX275 - 80GB X25-M G2 + 4 x 2.5" Caviar Black 500GB @ 7200RPM

chrunching for our future

Fanboy of Good Products
    good find molotox. i actually forgot that i used his drivers for a long time. back when i was using an Audigy 2zs i had to use daniel_k's drivers because Creative is one of the worst companies on the planet and wouldn't write a driver for vista. but dan's worked great. one thing lead to another and creative pissed me off even more so i took out the sound card, used integrated and vowed to never buy anything creative ever again.
    Cruncher #1: EVGA Z68 FTW | i7-2600k @ 4.5 | 6GB Ram
    Cruncher #2: Supermicro Dual-Socket | 2 x 6-core Opterons | 4GB Ram
    Cruncher #3: 8-core Xserve 1,1

T400 for non-crunching

"But don't think you'll run me over - It's, ah, planting season here in Texas... and the farm is growing..." -Otis11 on crunching WCG

Xtreme Addict
    I hacked together some drivers for 2 rev's of it, one from korea which I still have.
    The driver works for both rev's.
    I don't know if it works in win7 though.

Make sure you don't have any ghost devices when installing it otherwise it'll seem like it worked but you'll get no sound output.

... err darn opera, I'll be back with firefox and upload the driver here.
    Edit: up'ed.
    I remember the live card kinda being a pain win7, but it worked with a modded driver.
    But I still have no idea if mine will work for the sb128 in win7 or not, never tried it.
    I do know my xp modem drivers work fine in win7...
    And my xp vga driver works for dx9 and aero but not for dx10... (I have my own win7 vga drivers too... that work with dx10/11 of course)

So maybe this one works too... ^^
    Though if any audio services fail in win7 then it pretty much all fails...

... Win7 and it's audio end point builder and whatever that other one that pop's up from time to time but isn't needed, yet keep's coming back, bsod's if removed bs.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 11-22-2010 at 02:17 PM.