Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GTX580 with Swiftech Fullcover block Pre-installed

Xtreme Enthusiast

GTX580 with Swiftech Fullcover block Pre-installed

http://www.evga.com/products/moreinf...015-P3-1589-AR

Description :

The world's fastest GPU has arrived with the EVGA GeForce GTX 580 FTW Hydro Copper 2. EVGA and Swiftech revamp the award winning Hydro Copper waterblock with a true single slot, full-cover design, end to end. The EVGA backplate adds additional stability, and the glowing EVGA logo makes it one of the most sleek looking waterblocks on the planet. The innovation doesn’t stop at stability and appearance. The base plate is made of chrome plated electrolytic C110 copper, and the 0.6mm thin pin matrix provides optimal thermal transfer to ensure the lowest temperatures possible.

* personally I like the look of it Solid sleek simple especially if you Can remove the sticker for the most part . Apparently the Logo is suppose to glow/light up.
    Last edited by MagisD; 11-10-2010 at 05:32 AM. Reason: notes
    MagisD

6 Quad rads 1 case Maybe I went a little overboard....Overkill Cube

Xtreme Addict
    The only thing I don't like is the little EVGA sticker on the top - In upside-down cases such as the Lian-Li V2000 it will be upside down and hence will look silly. Would have been nice for them to have used some logo which is the same both ways around.

It's also nice to see two companies getting together like this. (I.e. EVGA and Swiftech.) Especially when they are both very respectable companies.

If I had the money I'd probably get one, as I'm not overly impressed with this HD5870.
    Last edited by yngndrw; 11-10-2010 at 05:37 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Tell me about I've just been waiting for this to sell mine off (5870 that is) .
    MagisD

Xtreme Mentor
    That's sweet, especically since it is a single slot unit.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Addict
    I think it looks good and should perform just fine, and not having to install it and test it is a bonus. That's where the real value comes into play for folks that are unfamiliar with that process.

However, resale on cards with pre-installed blocks or just selling the gpu with a waterblock installed is pretty poor. I'd always like to have the HSF to go along with it if I didn't have a water cooling setup handy for testing.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    But for somebody keeping it its great, you keep evga excellent warrenty. I'm planning on getting one or 2.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk
    MagisD

I am Xtreme
    would love some shots of the inner workings.
    2500k @ 4900mhz - Asus Maxiums IV Gene Z - Swiftech Apogee LP
    GTX 680 @ +170 (1267mhz) / +300 (3305mhz) - EK 680 FC EN/Acteal
    Swiftech MCR320 Drive @ 1300rpms - 3x GT 1850s @ 1150rpms
    XS Build Log for: My Latest Custom Case

Xtreme Member
    For a $200 block it sure looks awfully cheap, sticker? really? how about some engraving, make EK blocks look like a bargain.

Xtreme Addict
    dunno, i kinda like the simple and monolithic design...

but i would also remove the awful stickers...
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times challenge and controversy."
    Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

DIY: Self Clinching Nuts

Canon EOS 7D | Tokina 12-24mm f/4 | Canon EF 24-105 f/4 L | Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS Mk II | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L | Canon EF 100-400mm f/4-5.6 L

I am Xtreme
    I would like to see VRM temps, the previous Hydro Copper card was not so impressive.
    Also woah @ the price... Cheaper to buy a block and a card separately.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    I would like to see VRM temps, the previous Hydro Copper card was not so impressive.
    Also woah @ the price... Cheaper to buy a block and a card separately.
    They actually state this new block was re-designed by Swiftech ;-)
    MagisD

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    would love some shots of the inner workings.
    +1. I hope this is not some sort of hybrid air/water like the 480GTX. Looks too thin though to have heatsink.

EVGA product manager says full cover (GPU, Mem, VReg) in this thread:
    http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=672730

Also says ETA on availability is end of Nov.

Xtreme Member
    How much heat would one dissipate, how much radiator would be needed to cool one?
    [Intel core i7 4820K..........Asus Rampage IV Black Edition] LAN Parties attended:
    [512GB Samsung 840 PRO 512GB......2xWD Black 7200 2TB RAID0] FITES [fites.net] 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
    [32GB G.Skill DDR3 2400 4x8GB....2xEVGA GTX780ti Classified] L'Pane NorEaster [lpane.net] 2010, 2009, 2008
    [Corsair 900D.......Primochill CTR 250......Corsair AX1200i] Quakecon [quakecon.org] 2010, 2009
    [MCP35x2.........Swiftech Apogee HD......Swiftech MCR420-XP] PAX East [east.paxsite.com] 2012

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingclever View Post
    EVGA product manager says full cover (GPU, Mem, VReg) in this thread:
    http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=672730

Also says ETA on availability is end of Nov.
    As for design I'd like Gabe to sound off on it as Its a Swiftech Block .
    MagisD

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What I don't understand is exactly how can it be more expensive than buying a card and then a FC block? Seriously, it makes no sense to me as you pay a huge premium but don't get the full product (aka air heatsing), which means that the resale value is nearly none.
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    im sure bill gates has always wanted OLED Toilet Paper wipe his butt with steve jobs talking about ipad..
    Mini-review: Q6600 vs i5 2500K. Gpu scaling on games.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by prava View Post
    What I don't understand is exactly how can it be more expensive than buying a card and then a FC block? Seriously, it makes no sense to me as you pay a huge premium but don't get the full product (aka air heatsing), which means that the resale value is nearly none.
    Profit $$$$$

Even more so in this case because the order from evga, card compatibility, and demand are all fixed entities.

Not nearly as much risk; making a standalone block in quantity carries risk. This block was most likely ordered as part of a one time purchase contract or incremental purchase contract. Little to no risk of dead stock losing money.

Additionally, there is a small added cost in the larger piece of acetal used for the top plate. Just by looking I'd say it's somewhere in the range of 2.5-3.5x the amount of acetal plate stock used in a "normal" FC block.

I must say, I do like the aesthetics. I would probably purchase this card if I had the slightest interest in Nvidia or eVGA products, and was in the market.
    Last edited by iandh; 11-10-2010 at 01:22 PM.
    Asus G73- i7-740QM, Mobility 5870, 6Gb DDR3-1333, OCZ Vertex II 90Gb

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by prava View Post
    same, we should be offered combo deals, not increased premiums, for tying to buy things that are usually sold separate, and getting less product in return.

i think we have a much better chance of, say newegg, selling waterblocks and you see a deal where you pick your gpu and your block and get like 20$ off the bundle.
    2500k @ 4900mhz - Asus Maxiums IV Gene Z - Swiftech Apogee LP
    GTX 680 @ +170 (1267mhz) / +300 (3305mhz) - EK 680 FC EN/Acteal
    Swiftech MCR320 Drive @ 1300rpms - 3x GT 1850s @ 1150rpms
    XS Build Log for: My Latest Custom Case

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The premium is just that Its a OC'd card to begin with Not a Stock card, has a Custom designed FC Block , and A full warranty.

They warranty alone worth it in my opinion, with evga you blow the card Oc'ing you can get your replacement no problem. physically mod the card there can be Rma issues.

I though the same with Power color, I've submitted tickets 3 times and never a response. Not touching Them or AMD video cards again. My current card works fine just not the way I though and PC customer service in my case Blows.

Twice I've had to deal with evga rma/customer service and they were extremely helpful , I'm willing to pay "premium" it saved me a lot of money in the long run.
    So its 10% more the going separate card and block..... Well worth it for me.
    Last edited by MagisD; 11-10-2010 at 01:36 PM.
    MagisD

Xtreme Addict
    It's a single slot design, but I doubt getting water from card to card will be easy... imagine 7 of those on an SR-2 folding.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by iandh View Post
    Profit $$$$$

Even more so in this case because the order from evga, card compatibility, and demand are all fixed entities.

Not nearly as much risk; making a standalone block in quantity carries risk. This block was most likely ordered as part of a one time purchase contract or incremental purchase contract. Little to no risk of dead stock losing money.

Additionally, there is a small added cost in the larger piece of acetal used for the top plate. Just by looking I'd say it's somewhere in the range of 2.5-3.5x the amount of acetal plate stock used in a "normal" FC block.

I must say, I do like the aesthetics. I would probably purchase this card if I had the slightest interest in Nvidia or eVGA products, and was in the market.
    Still, they could have added the stock HS so you could have a chance to sell the product. As it is now it has no value in the 2nd hand market unless somebody had already a LC system.
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    im sure bill gates has always wanted OLED Toilet Paper wipe his butt with steve jobs talking about ipad..
    Mini-review: Q6600 vs i5 2500K. Gpu scaling on games.

Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    same, we should be offered combo deals, not increased premiums, for tying to buy things that are usually sold separate, and getting less product in return.

i think we have a much better chance of, say newegg, selling waterblocks and you see a deal where you pick your gpu and your block and get like 20$ off the bundle.
    I can understand the premium price here - as others have said, the work of installation/testing/warranty has already been done. Nice to see the Swiftech and EVGA hook-up. Those of us who prefer to save a few bucks still have the option to do it ourselves.

I'd be surprised to see Newegg get heavily into water block options for GPUs - the cards change far too often, making GPU water blocks a real Niche market.

Xtreme Addict
    package deals = more profit margin
    it's always spend more get more for the company's point of view...

and as shazza said, video cards change so quickly... they want to get in, sell their said number of units and get out and be done with it...
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times challenge and controversy."
    Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

DIY: Self Clinching Nuts

Canon EOS 7D | Tokina 12-24mm f/4 | Canon EF 24-105 f/4 L | Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS Mk II | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L | Canon EF 100-400mm f/4-5.6 L

Xtreme Member
    Well those kind of stuff are mainly focused for the non-enthusiastic people who have a lot of money to do it because its cool but dont have the skills/interest to do anything themself... So mostly for people outside xtremesystems . I'm quite sure that most ppl here would just buy them separate to safe the money..

And I could be wrong but I remember sometime reading that some brands allow changing the fan to a 3rd party fan or waterblock and still keep warranty. Assuming you still keep the original fan/heatsink and put it back before returning. I thought EVGA was one of these?

Looks nice though.
    Specs:
    HW: Lian Li PC-A71F | i7 920 | P6T Deluxe | HD5870 | 6GB OCZ Platinum 2000mhz | AX850W | Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 | Intel X25-M 80GB SSD | WD 2TB Caviar Green
    WC: EK-FC5870 | EK Supreme HF | Swiftech MCP655 with EK top | ThermoChill PA120.2 | ThermoChill PA120.3 | EK Multioption 250
    Other: Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans | Aqua Computer Aquaero | Bitspower Comp. Fittings

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by MagisD View Post

Apparently the Logo is suppose to glow/light up.
    There actually is a diode illuminated EVGA logo in the front, inside the edge of the Delrin housing. So you can see the EVGA logo lit up when the card is installed in the slot.
    Unfortunately, this pic doesn't show it.
    Last edited by gabe; 11-10-2010 at 02:44 PM.
    CEO Swiftech

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast