Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Koolance RP-450X2 Warning

Ohh I will let you all know how it turns out, you don't have to worry about that
    but I had already sent and email prior to posting this thread and on top of that I only got the all clear today from koolance regarding the replacement, which I believe Tim may or may not of been responsible for.

I don't plan to give credit for something that should of never passed QC, thats not quality and yet I have a QC passed sticker on the front of it, I will thank them for making it right when I get the replacement and I am happy but not before as I shouldn't have to ask in the first place.

I dunno just seems a little unneeded to create a warning thread if you hadn't given the manufacturer a chance to make it right first. Even with the strictest quality control you'll still get a dud occasionally.

Just how I see it, and believe I've been there done that with working with companies and damaged goods. Some have been easy to work with, others not so easy. Just my 2 cents.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazmtk913 View Post
    Ohh I will let you all know how it turns out, you don't have to worry about that
    but I had already sent and email prior to posting this thread and on top of that I only got the all clear today from koolance regarding the replacement, which I believe Tim may or may not of been responsible for.

I don't plan to give credit for something that should of never passed QC, thats not quality and yet I have a QC passed sticker on the front of it, I will thank them for making it right when I get the replacement and I am happy but not before as I shouldn't have to ask in the first place.
    The QC passed sticker is likely to do with a pressure test, although it also could involve visual inspection.

This is a brand new product, and although this still shouldn't have slipped through, chances are the person doing the QC didn't have a proper idea of what was acceptable.

For instance, I had to explain to my machine shop why it was so important that there were no scratches on my reservoirs. The first thing they asked was, "Who the hell cares if there's a few tiny scratches, all it needs to do is hold water right?".

A lot of machine shops don't really get how picky people are in this industry. They're used to making bushings for backhoes, and seal plates for water cannons. A small scratch, especially in an easily scratchable material, is insignificant to them as long as the part matches the print.

Unless specifically written into the blueprints, machine shops typically won't take excessive care to preserve surfaces or maintain a certain surface finish.

Obviously a change needs to be made in Koolance's QC procedure, but I wouldn't call negligence right off the bat. It's hard to say exactly where in the chain the breakdown was since we don't know how they handle production.

If this was a product that had been out for a year, then I would have a very different opinion of the situation.

Anyways, as long as they make it right with any unsatisfied customers, and correct their QC issue, I don't see a problem here.
    Asus G73- i7-740QM, Mobility 5870, 6Gb DDR3-1333, OCZ Vertex II 90Gb

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I dunno just seems a little unneeded to create a warning thread if you hadn't given the manufacturer a chance to make it right first. Even with the strictest quality control you'll still get a dud occasionally.

Just how I see it, and believe I've been there done that with working with companies and damaged goods. Some have been easy to work with, others not so easy. Just my 2 cents.
    +1

I think it would be only fair when the company either wont fix it or will send you a new one with the same problem.

This kind of threads are starting to be way too common. People get a new product and something is wrong with it... So they run over here to make a thread about it. There should be a rule that you arent allowed to make a thread if you havent already contacted the manufacturer/seller and received a reply within xx days...... Just smth for xtreme admins to consider
    Specs:
    HW: Lian Li PC-A71F | i7 920 | P6T Deluxe | HD5870 | 6GB OCZ Platinum 2000mhz | AX850W | Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 | Intel X25-M 80GB SSD | WD 2TB Caviar Green
    WC: EK-FC5870 | EK Supreme HF | Swiftech MCP655 with EK top | ThermoChill PA120.2 | ThermoChill PA120.3 | EK Multioption 250
    Other: Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans | Aqua Computer Aquaero | Bitspower Comp. Fittings

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    We're holding water here.....not alien and predator blood samples, ..... so no need for Delrin .... zero. Gradually I have become a big fan of XSPC because their products look just as nice and work just as well as say the Thermochill PA 120.3, the Koolance 450 res or the Swiftech Apogee XT, but for 30 to 60% less money. I call that win-win.
    No need for water cooled rigs either really when you consider it. It's a hobby some of us happen to do because we enjoy tinkering.

Don't like acrylic, never have but in some places, it's a necessary evil. Delrin is a bit overkill for much of it's uses in this hobby. A much better alternative I'd like to see manufacturers start using is PVC. It can be any color you want (including clear) and can be as rigid or soft as the part calls for and is I believe (Ian can correct me if I'm wrong), a little cheaper than Delrin. Another couple of decent lower cost alternatives are UHMW and HDPE Polyethylene.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAqua View Post
    Delrin is awesome! I'd pay extra for that over acrylic most times just for the structural rigidity and strength. I have never seen a delrin part break, its a great material for many different uses. Although it's a bit over kill sometimes, overkill is good, prevents potential problems.
    Yeah, I just have to shake my head in stupefying disbelief (much like my avatar) when I see some ppl raise questions about how "durable" or "reliable" a "certain manufacturers" new Delrin version res is in another topic. It's Delrin ppl, it's not going to crack or leak unless you drill or saw it to the point of failure.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazmtk913 View Post

WARNING >> EXTREME EXAMPLE THAT ISN'T MONETARILY PROPORTIONAL << WARNING.

what you're saying is like getting a Ferrari for 100,000 dollars that's a LOT OF MONEY, not IF it cost them 99,999 dollars to make it. and if it had a scratch on it, would you want them to give you a NEW Ferrari? or would you ask them to fix it?

I've got to say, yesterday Tim stopped in and helped at least 3 ppl out yesterday with random things, this included. and i highly doubt because you posted in this forum anything different happened with your case. this seems like something koolance was aware of, and has been dealing with other customers. should they send out a massive email suggesting RMAS? hell no it isn't a car manufacture.. it isn't a defect it's a scratch, you know those things you got on your knees when you were a kid.

we're not asking you to give up and roll over, the impression i get from your posts ( as best i can figure out ) you're really acting like Koolance is one of those bad seed companies, as if they're out there to take your money and give you scratches. they've been around as long a most people watercooling Pc's have! Just give them a whole chance, not just email them and wait a few hours. give them a chance to email you back, take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    No need for water cooled rigs either really when you consider it. It's a hobby some of us happen to do because we enjoy tinkering.

Don't like acrylic, never have but in some places, it's a necessary evil. Delrin is a bit overkill for much of it's uses in this hobby. A much better alternative I'd like to see manufacturers start using is PVC. It can be any color you want (including clear) and can be as rigid or soft as the part calls for and is I believe (Ian can correct me if I'm wrong), a little cheaper than Delrin. Another couple of decent lower cost alternatives are UHMW and HDPE Polyethylene.
    the only problem i can see with this is outsourced manufacturing like that which goes on in the automotive industry. except for the quality in-house produced things like the quality vendors we have, but what about joe small business who finds a great way to have a res, or full cover block, whatever uses pvc with specific formula takes it to china for manufacturing... ehhh they fill his 500 res quota and they are all crap.. the wrong pvc, it cured wrong, whatever, obviously i'm no expert! but i do know that depending on where you go for outsourced manufacturing quality control can be horrendous.

Fresh Issue, the Pump holder/metal sleeve has extremely sharp grooves, so sharp that is seems to screw in nicely even when it is not properly aligned, Tim you may wish to look into this, something I have noticed and I always go counter-thread rotation until it drops in before screwing anything in so its not like I don't take care.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i still don't see why you aren't just emailing this, otherwise start a review.. i'm not saying we shouldn't know but that really brings the assumption that tim checks this forum every day.. and for his sanity i hope he doesn't.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins View Post
    start a review..
    I like this idea. Gaz, we don't have a review on these. Have u got it running yet? Do you have any flow meters and temp sensors?

It would be nice to see a review on this.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

I will review soon enough, I don't have a flow meter but I have a temp sensor, might buy a flow meter though, could be handy. Ok I will start a review within the next week

Smile Koolance Tech Support Rocks!

Hi.

I e-mailed tech support yesterday about the scratched front panel.
    They have already sent me replacement by now.

Good Job!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123