Thread: filling holes in with copper wire (threaded) should I use TIM

Xtreme Enthusiast

filling holes in with copper wire (threaded) should I use TIM

Well I'm going to be using two of these together with a self-made black acrylic top to create two blocks to water-cool the TEC's from my freezone instead of the heat sink. Anyway these are bottoms of TC-4 CPU coolers

Now the bigger holes were used for the mounting hardware, but now they would be empty space where my tec's wouldn't be cooled, so I'm going to use a tap wrench and die and thread the holes and 4- gauge copper wire so I can fill the holes in. Now my question is should I put a little arctic silver on the threads so it will help fill in the gaps or is hammering the wire once it's in a cut off on both sides enough to ensure even heat transfer?

terramir

terra= (lat.)world mir=(russ.) peace
    BTW that girl is my version of muddflap on my stacy common artwork not obcene (for the censors out there)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I would think that the use of TIM, or even a thermal adhesive like Arctic Lumina couldn't possibly hurt your cause.
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

http://animoto.com/play/E0wFhd6tN0nA...ent=challenger

Heat