Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gray Mole - Old issues

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This is really none of my business but as to you leaving XS. You making this thread shows (to me) a lot about your character. Your willingness to fix some thing that you may have done in the past reflects very well on you. You seem like a really knowledgeable and nice guy, I for one would like you to stick around.
    Last edited by Knight203; 12-04-2010 at 02:07 AM.
    I crunch for you Gramps R.I.P.
    Photo:
    Canon T2i(550d) w/ Magic Lantern
    Canon 20mm F/2.8
    Canon 50mm F/1.8
    Canon 70-200mm F/4L
    C&C is always welcome on my photos.

PC
    Asus Crosshair IV Forumla, AMD 1090t-Crunching away @4.1ghz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2,4x2 Musikin Silverline's, Sapphire 6950 2gb(flashed to 6970 and running at 950/1450), Corsair HX650, NZXT Tempest.
    http://500px.com/KodyHungenberg

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight203 View Post
    This is really none of my business but as to you leaving XS. You making this thread shows (to me) a lot about your character. Your willingness to fix some thing that you may have done in the past reflects very well on you. You seem like a really knowledgeable and nice guy, I for one would like you to stick around.
    I may not know you, or have built for you or anything, but you have no idea how nice it is to (occasionally) hear something like that.

I'm not looking for any pats on the back, bit old to be asking for someone to pat me on the head and say 'good job' but hearing something positive is nice sometimes.

So thank you

Hope that at least on occasion, my being active in the phase/cooling sections is at least a little bit helpful. Otherwise there really is no point in my being around XS. Kind of all I'm really good for these days.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    How Gray can be a nice guy or good person, don't know the word, if there is at least 5 to 6 people ( or more ? ) that have problem with him ?
    The Devil's Reject

Xtreme Addict
    From what I can see, other than noobzed who has a thread of his own and has been paid, I can see only one other person of interest that I may be able to resolve.

Stocky has been mentioned and I can't seem to contact him. I was hoping that MaverickSG1 would be able to assist, or that another forum might help me find him, but no luck so far.

Stocky purchased Ssilencer's unit, the really pretty one, and as a favour to Ssilencer I offered to install a compressor into it to save shipping costs. I didn't charge Stocky or Ssilencer for that.

Ssilencer wasn't happy that I was changing the Evap on it from the @itor evap, but Stocky wanted an easier mount. Not really my problem, but I didn't charge for that either.

The problem was that the controller was having issues, first a bad display, then the board itself.

I sent the board to Sssilencer for repair, and it never came back.

I also ordered 5 more basic controllers and one 4 sensor version. They never came, 700us gone and never to be seen. Mariano had issues at the time. I forgive that.

In the end, discussing with Ssilencer the problems, I was told he was contacting Stocky about refunding or working that out. I never got paid for anything I was doing with that, and didn't chase it much afterwards.

I was informed that Stocky never received anything. I wish I'd known back then, but assumed it would be handled.

So I would like to be able to discuss that with Stocky. If there is any way to reach him after this much time.

Oh, and Noobzed, if your plan is to troll any and every thread that I am in, you will eventually find that my ability to ignore you outweighs your ability to post.

Other than Stocky I don't know who else I need to try to contact.

Again, if there is anyone that I actually DO owe to, or missed, please feel free to post or PM or however you feel most comfortable in doing so.

Gray
    Last edited by Gray Mole; 12-11-2010 at 03:09 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    u and ssilencer make me think about an association of thugs, really ...
    The Devil's Reject

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by noobzed View Post
    u and ssilencer make me think about an association of thugs, really ...
    I lost quite a bit when Mariano pulled out of things. I was able to forgive him that, since before that we were pretty good friends.

Since I paid you back all that you gave me, and charged you nothing for the work that I did, maybe you should try it too.

If you want the @itor heads that much, just pay me for the work of brazing them and the flexible lines they are installed onto and the shipping cost to send them to you.

Otherwise, I don't seem to remember Mariano doing anything to you, or taking anything from you other than the price of what you ordered and he sent to you, so why are you badmouthing him too?

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I want nothing from you nor Mariano, the crap-man, see in this forum section how many times he is in conflict with other ppl ... just my 2 cents ... some ppl are magnet of problem, think about it.
    The Devil's Reject

Xtreme Addict
    Yes, I AM certainly and very keenly aware that I seem to be a magnet for problems.

So now you say I don't need to send you anything. Should I imply from that statement that I don't owe you anything?

If so, then why are you posting?

Now I'm curious, what exactly did Mariano (aka Ssilencer) do to you that warrants calling him names? I understand that there are people that lost out, myself included, by his actions but you aren't one of them, are you?

I lost a lot of money to the problems with controllers, and in the end to unfilled orders with him, and I can forgive him and would (if I had the pleasure of meeting him) shake his hand. If he didn't actually wrong you personally, why the hate? Or is it just more lashing out for...well whatever reason you've come up with that you feel the need to lash out? If someone that actually did end up losing a lot to him can honestly say he's forgiven, then why can't you, someone that didn't?

You were hard work when I was trying to build for you, hard work when I was trying to compensate you for not building for you, now you're hard work when you say that there's nothing I need to do to compensate you for not building for you.

It brings up a point though. Apart from posting endlessly in the 'builder relations' section about myself and others that actually had nothing to do with you, what exactly have you posted that benefits XS in general? Have you ever posted in any useful or helpful way?

Maybe it would be a good time to start.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    YEs, I did a liquid cooling worklog with a lian li a05, you can search it, it was benefical for few ppl that was inspired by it.
    The Devil's Reject

Xtreme Addict
    I saw it Sebastian.

Have you ever found someone asking a question or needing help with something and tried to assist with it? Do you peruse the sections, especially where you particulars skills may be useful, and look to see if anyone might need some help?

Because I've looked, and I can see you showing off the things you have and the projects you do, and at times bullying and chasing those you feel may deserve it (whether they have personally affected you or not) but I just don't see you trying to make a positive impact. If I'm wrong about you, then time will show it.

I gave until it hurt, and then you've done nothing but kick me when I'm down. Is that the sort of person you are, or am I just lucky that way?

I didn't come back for personal gain, and I didn't come back entirely because I wanted to try to pay back anything I might owe either. If I never get back the access to the classified section it won't be the reason I leave, if I ever do again.

The thing I missed most was spending time in the phase section, along with a few others when I can be useful, and help out when I can. Post what may be useful threads of builds that have some information or methods that people might find useful in their own work.

It brings me back to the point at hand, though. If you're now saying that I don't need to pay or send you anything. Willing to admit that the build was really done other than a few minor points that really had little to do with me and more to do with what you might want, and that paying you what I did (which was actually what you paid me) was pretty fair, considering, then why do you still want to call me a thief? Why is it that you're still so angry when I did give you a refund when others might not, and outright probably would not have after being so close to completion?

I'm not asking for or offering an apology, I just want this particular issue over with. Can you just say it is and we can both go on with things without such hard feelings and just stop being enemies?

I hope so.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    So I'd finally gathered enough into Paypal to send Dimas the 100euro.

I'd said before, I didn't think I actually had owed him that since it was after the order had been filled but it'd been paid. Andreas was good to deal with and was pretty sure that it was owing. So that's over with.

I don't know if he'll post to confirm, I'm not posting his paypal details in an open forum, however.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    For the record and since I returned to XS, I sold 2 phase change units in the classified section of XS before access was removed.

One to MK-Ultra, and one to Linuxfan. The one to MK-Ultra has been received. The one to Linuxfan is on the way.

In total I only received 250us in actual cash, the other part of the deals being in trade value.

The money was used for shipping, giving Dimas 100euro/135us, and giving XS 25US for the 'paid subscription' thing because I thought it would be nice to support it/Fugger.

I cross shipped for the trade, received a graphics card (Xmas gift to my brother) and the other was old phase units in need of TLC (not yet received)

Just in case there were any questions what I'd done, what I might have gotten, and what was done with it.

My intention of use with the cash from selling anything in the classified section was to use it to try to deal with anything that may be outstanding if cash was received.

Now that my access has been removed that will be more awkward with respect to phase units (since XS is the place to be able to sell them) but not impossible, and will still do what I'd said with giving back anything I may owe, and tracking down anyone I may owe it to.

I hope that may clarify things, in case there were any doubts.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i can't comment the past issues, but i guess i can share my experience

i had no idea about those things involving graymole before a few days ago and before buying one of his unit
    I brought his fugly cased until(just kidding gray ) and he's been real good to me in the transaction.
    He gave me the impression to be a good guy and being very knowledgeable about building such units.

Knowing all this before trading with him would have made me hesitate for sure but not a bad thing to say about MY transaction with him.
    Intel i7 980x / 3001B331
    HK3.0+LaingDDCPRO+XSPCRX360+1xMCR220
    EVGA Classified X58+EK FB
    6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 7-8-7-20(TR3X6G1866C7GT)
    ASUS GTX580
    Enermax Revolution+85 950w
    Corsair Obsidian

Xtreme Enthusiast
    got the money Gray, also if i told you several time to do some else with that...
    i'm waiting for your address via PM, i don't know if your old one is still valid..
    pls let me know

thanks
    Andrea

Xtreme Addict
    Don't hold back, MK. It's Fugly. I can't deny it.

Spending so many hours and ending up with a Fugly case though, that's just embarrassing Glad it works for you. Glad you got it. Appreciate you posting too, thanks

Dimas, I'd planned since it came up to send it to you, whatever the background with it.

You don't need to send me anything. I just wanted it square if it wasn't.

What I want, really, is just this, and any other issues that may be out there to be dealt with.

Real ones, not someone popping in, saying that I owe them, and disappearing without any resolution. Neither am I interested in throwing more money at someone I already paid and dealt with, because they're still upset that they didn't 'get their way' or something.

Girth Maul posted and sent a PM with some financial details, but didn't stay or respond about where it ended up (because it's really and issue that I can't remember how it was resolved, whether he ended up with a unit(he'd said he actually recieved a replacement he didn't like, after the initial mod he didn't like)) so I can't really call that ongoing because it takes two parties for that.

So as I see it, there really is only Stocky that I know of that I don't know about. I don't know if Mariano/Ssilencer did anything for him, whether he ever got that controller repaired that was meant to be for his unit, or anything about it.

So if no one else comes in, there is only one issue left, and that is Stocky.

Other issues were paid, or dealt with, or are being dismissed or ignored by the people involved.

Other that some that are claiming issues that were dealt with, just not quite as fairly (ie getting more than they paid) or being untruthful about the details of the agreements and I'm not going to do much about that unless they can actually prove what, if anything, I'm supposed to do for them.

On the surface that may sound somewhat harsh, but I'm coming to realise that there are those who can be reasonable and honest about what happened and what was done, and others that seem only to want to pick at scabs for the sake of it and can never be satisfied with anything I do to make good.

So once I've found (if I can) Stocky and found out what happened, I think it may be everyone that needs to be dealt with.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I don't really get what's happened here
    You just got banned from the FS section? For what? Or do you mean that when you got banned ages ago or whatever?

Xtreme Addict
    Oh, no I'd never actually been cut off of the Classified section before, until now.

That's a matter for Admins though. I don't really want to post anything here, since that's sort of a private 'admin thing' and it's more up to them to post, if anything, about reasons.

Besides, it wasn't really clarified to me, but at one time I was a mod in the phase forum, so I understand and respect the system and the people running it. Tough job.

I only posted that I had been because it's kind of relevant to the issue at hand.

Seeing as you're over at BT though, you wouldn't happen to know Stocky, or if he's still around in the UK scene?

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    @ Gray, i have a mobile phone number for Andrew (stocky). It is 2 years old though, so may not be current.
    PM me if you want it.
    DFI LP UT P35-T2R/E8600 @ 5.1ghz/Modded Mach2 GT
    EVGA Classified/i975 @ 5.04ghz/Custom built SS
    3x2gig G-Skill Perfect Storm
    Asus 5970
    2x150gig Velociraptors/250gig Caviar
    PCP&P Turbocool 1KW

Xtreme Addict
    Pm sent and got it thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeStorm View Post
    I don't really get what's happened here
    You just got banned from the FS section? For what? Or do you mean that when you got banned ages ago or whatever?
    I will give an explanation on this since everyone wants to be so open.
    Gray Mole left here and dropped out of site with some unfinished business and some unhappy customers. When Gray decided to come back to XtremeSystems about a month ago he sent me PM telling me he wanted to get involved with the Phase Section and XS as a whole. Knowing the situation with him and his customers when he left, I started a thread in Administration letting everyone know what was up. Some of the Admin didn't even want to let him come back. We decided to let him try to get things square with his past customers.
    When Gray came back to XS he told me, and mentioned in posts, that he didn't intend to sell units. He said he was building for the fun. Gray built two units and posted them up in the Phase section and then turned around and listed them in classifieds. The reason he lost his classified access now and not sooner was because I (we) didn't think he was going to be selling his builds. As he get's his past business squared away he may get his access back. That is to be determined at a latter date.
    For the records, Gray was always a respected member here before he left unexpectedly.
    I would appreciate it if we could cut the drama and continue to get the business at hand taken care of. In my opinion Administration has handled this situation in a patient and considerate manner.
    This thread is actually for Gray Mole and his customers that he's getting squared up with.
    thank you
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Xtreme Addict
    Aw heck Ron, it was your idea to keep everything open

Thanks though for clarifying appreciate it.

I didn't think there'd be an issue with selling a cooler after I was done with it, being in line with the newer policy on only selling something that's done and built and ready to be sent (as opposed to offering custom stuff/prebuild deposits), no different than any other item you might want to sell in the classified section. I should have asked first though, in hindsight, sorry about that.

I AM building for the fun of it now, not taking on any kind of orders for any kind of custom work (I keep saying that, not really because any past issues, but more because I want to make sure people know it and don't start PMing asking about custom jobs. I just don't do that anymore) but when I'm done with a build it either sits here, or I end up selling it. Anything I do sell in future will be elsewhere though, I won't do it here again unless you give the OK for that.

So yeah, it's good to have it clear for everyone, not just me. I hope you guys didn't think I'd posted it with the intention of saying it's unfair or that there should be any drama behind it, only that it was done, and if there were any people that thought it shoud be done to know that it is, if that makes any sense at all

So I have Stocky's number, will try it today and see if it works. Being the last potential issue that I'm aware of I'd like to see it sorted out if I can.

Hoping that after that I've tied up the loose ends there were.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wink

Hello RonDMC

I believe it will be fair to let Mr Mole have his access back. Reason being; it wasn't his fault that he went missing unexpectedly, he has also had a valid reason for whats happened.

He's also said he's not taking on ANY "custom work" & I believe so.

After all this forums phase section wouldn't have been where it is or the same if it wasn't for Gray's inspiring builds as I think and know alot of builders have learned a trick or two from him.

If he's building for fun and having these powerful unit's sitting around doing nothing! he should be allowed to sell them and help the community don't you think?

Even if he had a "finished unit" for sale it will also be more convenient for those in your country wanting such cooling whilst not having to worry about shipping units from miles outta the range or waiting on other builders whom may not have the time etc right?..

I don't know him personally but he seems like a really nice person for what I see not forgetting all the things he's been through! but he's still come back to show his face and payback the community from whats gone bad.
    I don't know of anyone else doing that do you? that just shows what kind of person he is.

He's a kool dude & deserves his privileges back no matter what happened in the past.

I stand by Gray.
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    To be at one with cold you must embrace the cold.....

Xtreme Addict
    It's really sweet of you to say that, Nat Whether it makes any difference in the matter or not, it's nice to have someone rally behind you

But the decision is fair and it's pretty likely that if I do what I say I'll do, and take care of people that I should, then it'll probably happen.

There has to be consequences for actions and I know that I made mistakes whether they were intentional or not, it's just what they were.

Besides, it's not really that big an issue and I don't want to drag anyone into it. In a way I kind of wish I hadn't mentioned it, but it seemed like I should?

And I tend to just say what's going on, sometimes without thinking about what that might do. Not that I can't keep my trap shut just that I don't see much of anything as being a big deal, though the Prozac really helps that way too

Cheers though Nat

Gray

Ps. Hope it's ok to go with Nat, I'm pretty lazy that way
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    I have never had any dealings with you Gray Mole but I found myself reading this entire thread and I have to say it takes a lot of guts to come back here and try to make amends! Everyone deserves a second chance and you seem to have a lot of back bone and heart and it's good to see that people want to make things right. This is a good way to kick off a new year, I wish you well and welcome back!
    /thread jack

Xtreme Member
    Gray you are one of the most knowledgable and helpful people I've met on any forum. I hope we haven't seen the last of you
    AMD Phenom II 1090T,
    4gb mushkin ridgebacks pc1600ddr3, 65gb Patriot ssd, saphire 5970 asus 5870 trifire, 1600W psu. windows 7 professional 64 bit, phase cooling

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast