Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gray Mole - Old issues

Xtreme Addict

Gray Mole - Old issues

So I'm putting this thread up to make sure I've dealt wiht everything.

Couple years back, went through divorce and all the stuff that goes with it, along with some fairly disillusioning deals that eventually added up to my getting out for a while.

Administering the Chilly1 fund, adding at least a grand of my own money into it, only to have it do no good at all (other than paying back a few of Reggie's old customers I guess) was among the worst it. Money's not really a big thing for me, but I guess I was idealistic enough to think I could help.

So, what I can remember...

Noobzed.

Was doing a pretty involved custom build. Was in constant contact, like 2 hours a day for months. the time in was way more than what was charged, but it was always about the build for me.

Cancelled when it was pretty close to done, but I refunded the cash he asked for and parts he wanted were sent. Then he wanted more. I gave up trying to make him happy.

Dimas.

I dealt with him here and there. All was fine. After an order that I'd paid for, he said I owed him another 100 euro that I know I didn't. Never ended up sending that. Alwasy bothered me.

Sssilencer and the cascade controllers.

Always regretted being the UK guy for him. I didn't mind fixing things, but being a waystation near the end meant I got blamed if something didn't come. I ordered the controllers that I got, but there were others and I think he was telling them they came to me. They didn't, along with another order of $700 US that I sent him for more controllers. I never publically posted about it. He was my friend as much as a supplier. I wrote that 700 off and even after that, I still hope he's doing well.

Pete.

That was a tough one, I was moving and going to sell him a bunch of stuff I wasn't taking. He was willing to send the cost of shipping. I wanted the works of what I was asking but he was hesitating. I found out he wasn't planning to pay anything else. (FYI Pete, if you're planning to rip somone off, don't tell the people he knows) So I didn't send him anything. I thought we were friends too, but I guess that was wrong.

Otherwise I thought I'd handled everything but I might be wrong. If I am, post here or send me a message or whatever. Like I said, that was a bad time and if I missed you, just tell me.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Hi Gray,

I remember when you were at the top of your game - awesome work.

I also remember when you were at the bottom of your game, tough times for all involved with a lot of financial implications.

As I recall you went totally AWOL leaving people on different forums (some of which don't bench anymore, issues with you added to those people pulling out).

Because of what's happened in the past, I can't help thinking that the trust is gone and becuase of that, you probably shouldn't be looking for work in the community.

My point is that things have moved on, there are established people with excellent reputations that do a great job for the overclocking community.

Having said that, as you stated, if the hobbiest in you has regained interest in the 'phase game' then having you around as the voice of experience and guidance was never a bad thing and it's probably what you do best without adding financial risk to others.

just my 2c

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mole View Post
    So I'm putting this thread up to make sure I've dealt wiht everything.

Couple years back, went through divorce and all the stuff that goes with it, along with some fairly disillusioning deals that eventually added up to my getting out for a while.

Administering the Chilly1 fund, adding at least a grand of my own money into it, only to have it do no good at all (other than paying back a few of Reggie's old customers I guess) was among the worst it. Money's not really a big thing for me, but I guess I was idealistic enough to think I could help.

So, what I can remember...

Noobzed.

Was doing a pretty involved custom build. Was in constant contact, like 2 hours a day for months. the time in was way more than what was charged, but it was always about the build for me.

Cancelled when it was pretty close to done, but I refunded the cash he asked for and parts he wanted were sent. Then he wanted more. I gave up trying to make him happy.

Dimas.

I dealt with him here and there. All was fine. After an order that I'd paid for, he said I owed him another 100 euro that I know I didn't. Never ended up sending that. Alwasy bothered me.

Sssilencer and the cascade controllers.

Always regretted being the UK guy for him. I didn't mind fixing things, but being a waystation near the end meant I got blamed if something didn't come. I ordered the controllers that I got, but there were others and I think he was telling them they came to me. They didn't, along with another order of $700 US that I sent him for more controllers. I never publically posted about it. He was my friend as much as a supplier. I wrote that 700 off and even after that, I still hope he's doing well.

Pete.

That was a tough one, I was moving and going to sell him a bunch of stuff I wasn't taking. He was willing to send the cost of shipping. I wanted the works of what I was asking but he was hesitating. I found out he wasn't planning to pay anything else. (FYI Pete, if you're planning to rip somone off, don't tell the people he knows) So I didn't send him anything. I thought we were friends too, but I guess that was wrong.

Otherwise I thought I'd handled everything but I might be wrong. If I am, post here or send me a message or whatever. Like I said, that was a bad time and if I missed you, just tell me.

Gray
    Hello Gray, nice to hear you...and nice to see that you're still active, i hope you're well now, i think that coming here after 3 years, saying that you're bothered about money that you had to give is not soo fair, from my side after 3 years, i think that i don't have to care about that...

at beginning i did do my best to help phase guys around europe, making some custom case, making some standard case, paints, ecc..ecc...and all of the time, i was doing this for passion, and sometime happens that some of this guys become more than a guy, but a good friend...very difficult to say for maybe a people that probably you will never meet in your life, but i can call em friends...and sometime happened that i give credit to em, becouse i was thinking that there can be some continus deals with this called "friends"...so i didn't care a lot about being paid in all, when i was sending goods, parts etc...after the shipment, i was just waiting that the guys did the job with pats, and when get paid, they should had to pay me...

the only guy that rip me was pazza316 (not only me, also another guy) and i never thougt that you Gray were ripping me...i was knowing that you was not going through a good period...this happened to me too in last periods, so i can understand...

i don't have time now, to go, search for paypal payment, search for pms, search for msn talks...this will be more costly than 100€, so i prefer to have a good virtual image of you and the past period that we had, and i hope you're well and this will last for long time.

take care
    Andrea

Xtreme Addict
    Hey, paying back some of the money that people lost is not "doing no good at all", far from it in fact. Don't ever feel bad about your good intentions.

Banned
    Pete has asked me to post this

Gray - You had £100 off Pete and nothing was delivered. Tim sent you £100 via Paypal and you then went and left the UK! I'd of check the true facts of what Pete was really doing but the words i have been told was he was very upset and hurt when you had obscoundered back states side. I was with him when he made a few calls to the ex wife and your old flat!

Mail him pjalchemist @ aol . com

Xtreme Addict
    Dimas

Only reason I'm bringing any of this stuff up is to clear the air. Make sure that if anyone has anything to say, it happens now.

I brought yours up because I wanted to include anything I could think of at the time. Definitely not to mud up your name. You were always great, but that surprise charge came at a time when I was pretty broke, and in a way that just drove another nail in.

However, if the euros mean a lot to you, I would give them to you, whether I'm sure or not. You were always great.

Hey Mav.

Don't mean to be cold, but I don't really get you posting here. I seem to remember you resenting me from back when I pulled out of Phil's business. I always liked you, so I hope you're not having a dig because of that. I was never much for money, always felt uncomfortable being part of that gig.

Oh, and I don't do commercial work, or custom builds anymore. No desire to. Doing builds for others got me thinking 'pretty' but also sucked the fun right out of it. I may sell some of the projects I do now, but only because I don't really use them.

Im not looking for a battle, or advice for that matter. I'm just a phase geek.

Pete

I talked a lot with you. Sent stuff you needed, rarely even asked for money. If I was selling something and you wanted it, you got it for less than I'd be asking, and often free.

Hell, I thought we were friends, or at least close. Tried to help you with builds, stuff like that.

When I found out you weren't planning to actually pay for all that stuff, just the cost of shipping (a full pallet of phase parts) that hurt. I was mad, sure, but more hurt than anything.

And no, I won't mention who I talked to. I know what you're like about making stuff up about people, attacking them. I promised to keep it to myself. So I will. I was moving overseas, desperate for cash, selling 2k worth of stuff and asking 500 for it, and you want to burn me? Talk about kicking a guy when he's down.

That pallet of stuff probably went to a landfill. Might still be stored there if my ex didn't get it dumped. Not sure, don't care. Rather set it on fire than send it to you.

You have my email Pete. After I sent you a message about the fact that you had no intention of paying for the stuff, and you didn't message back, I figured that was the end of it.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Dimas

Only reason I'm bringing any of this stuff up is to clear the air. Make sure that if anyone has anything to say, it happens now.

I brought yours up because I wanted to include anything I could think of at the time. Definitely not to mud up your name. You were always great, but that surprise charge came at a time when I was pretty broke, and in a way that just drove another nail in.

However, if the euros mean a lot to you, I would give them to you, whether I'm sure or not. You were always great.

Gray
    Hei Gray, take it easy...i don't care about euros for this, as told, i did knew your situation after some time, and for my side, i was happy to deal with you and i hope to be able on meet you one time in life, that period we passed all together helping each other, with suggestions, freely speacks and spending time in experiencing in a field unknow was good...i prefer to have this as remember, not a discussion for some euros...

take care Gray

Xtreme Member
    Hey Gray,

I was not referring to business (was never even involved with the business between you and Phil EPUK) what happened there was before the rest of the bad stuff that followed prior to your disappearance.

I was referring more over individuals (stocky and alike) who no longer bench or troll the Overclocking forums.

So for me it's not personal or cold (I always enjoyed our conversations of the past).

Of all the 'bad' things of the past - In your defence reference Pete (pjalchem) - I would urge people not to waste energy giving him any attention....nuff said.

Banned
    Gray you took £100 of Pete's money and then listened to others as to speaking to him directly. I'm only passing messages between you both as it's theft and fraud what you did to him!

SSD faster than your HDD
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrafluorometh View Post
    Gray you took £100 of Pete's money and then listened to others as to speaking to him directly. I'm only passing messages between you both as it's theft and fraud what you did to him!
    Stop "posting messages for Pete" and let Pete talk directly to Gray if they so desire. Your opinion is completely irrelevant in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by RyderOCZ View Post
    Stop "posting messages for Pete" and let Pete talk directly to Gray if they so desire. Your opinion is completely irrelevant in this case.
    Pete's banned (IIRC) Carry on...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    As far as I'm aware Pete's a massive scammer, and has been banned from every forum I have seen him on
    I've seen his handy work, and it's dreadful, making things worse than they were to start with.

Xtreme Mentor
    Petes name is crap around here and its damn good to have you back!! I for one look forward to picking your brain for ideas.
    Never empower an idiot with a response....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Seller/Buyer Reputation:
    Heatware: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=50905
    Ebay: {Family Account} Kasyg3 http://myworld.ebay.com/kasyg3/
    Ebay: {My personal Account} Sdumper http://myworld.ebay.com/sdumper/

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] riptide View Post
    Pete's banned (IIRC) Carry on...
    Exactly - let's keep this thread on topic.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Xtreme Addict
    Sorry guys, couple 'days off' from it.

Dredging up old news carries the old pain with it. In a way it's part of what held me back, since not only for my sake, but for everyone else sometimes letting it lay is just better for everyone. Maybe it'd be better if I'd stayed dead. Who knows.

I'll deal with Pete myself, and that's one thing I haven't wanted to do. I'm not big on conflict. Same time though, don't like backing down from it. I'll deal directly with him though. Sorry I brought it here. The issue was brought up to me as one I should deal with openly, and in a way I guess that's how anything should be.

Stocky, is he still around? Would like to ask him about things, because I was told those issues were taken care of and if he wasn't taken care of then I will. Mav, if you can get me an email or something, or a way to message him, I'd appreciate it. I need to find out what happened to that situation. Don't want to get into it here 'til I find out where that went. Hope you understand.

So my short list of people to work things out with are pete (not here, and Tetra, I'll message him), Potentially Stocky, and Dimas (I'll never feel right with the world unless I do it, just gimme a bit and I'll transfer something into paypal and it's yours. things like that haunt me like crazy, especially b/w friends)

Otherwise, is there anyone else? Once this is done and dealt with I just want to feel 'free' of it. Having things hang over you like a cloud makes it hard to feel like part of the place. Best times of my life were R&D right here in the cooling forum. Won't feel completely right about that until this cloud's gone.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-100C Club
    Well I just think its great seeing you around again Grey
    Thats my 2 cents
    Quote Originally Posted by s7e9h3n
    Hell, if it would unlock this godly 154, I'd put on a tutu and dance around like a ballerina
    Mach 2 Problems Click
    My Work

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by fatty View Post
    Well I just think its great seeing you around again Grey
    +1

Welcome back!!!

Xtreme Member
    @ Grey - may experience with you left me so disillusioned that I gave up sub zero overclocking, and still haven't gone back to it in 2 years. When I began I had a working phase unit that was working fine (ironically built by pazza316). By the end I had a badly modded lian-li v2000 with a non-working system that I had no way of fixing as you went to Canada. The first time you sent the unit, you had changed my compressor for a far inferior unit. When it came back a second time, falling to bits, and not working you said you would send me another working unit as compensation. Then you went offline and went to Canada. What an utter waste of money and time on my part! I was polite and professional throughout, but anyway...

* rant over *

This issue is closed for me now and in the past, but I think it should be public knowledge. I hope things are improving for you Grey, but I think it would be better if you never put yourself and others through this kind of thing again.
    • 146 939 + DFI LanParty UT nF4 SLI-D
    • SS Chilly1
    • Geil Ultra-X (bh-5)
    • HIS X1900 XT Extreme

Xtreme Enthusiast
    dear Gray, as already told, i don't care about that money...if you want to do a good thing, give em to a local found for helping Homeless or children, or to Haiti earthquake founds, this way will work pretty well...consider our situation closed, let's continue from where we was...when i'll find time to talk on msn or other thing related...

take care
    Andrea

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by girth_maul View Post
    @ Grey - may experience with you left me so disillusioned that I gave up sub zero overclocking, and still haven't gone back to it in 2 years. When I began I had a working phase unit that was working fine (ironically built by pazza316). By the end I had a badly modded lian-li v2000 with a non-working system that I had no way of fixing as you went to Canada. The first time you sent the unit, you had changed my compressor for a far inferior unit. When it came back a second time, falling to bits, and not working you said you would send me another working unit as compensation. Then you went offline and went to Canada. What an utter waste of money and time on my part! I was polite and professional throughout, but anyway...

* rant over *

This issue is closed for me now and in the past, but I think it should be public knowledge. I hope things are improving for you Grey, but I think it would be better if you never put yourself and others through this kind of thing again.
    I'm trying to remember the unit but I can't entirely.

I think I remember talking to you about increasing performance, and using a larger compressor that was louder than you wanted. An MP14 if memory serves. Nothing inferior if it was that one, just louder.

For some reason I can't remember a v2k mod for the life of me. Don't doubt your word, just can't seem to get it in my head.

At the time I remember a lot of bad controllers though. Seemed like they all failed and in the end, my last order from Ssilencer never came.

Not that I'd say anyone wasn't being honest, but I was pretty good with the V2k mods. Maybe that's why I can't remember it, but I can't find a thread for it, thought I would have made one.

If your situation slipped through then I am sorry. That's part of why I posted this thread. So if there was anyone I missed when I was going through, well, what I went through, I could sort it out.

Can you remind me of more of the details? Here, PM, doesn't matter which. The last bit of time in the UK wasn't so great, so there's a bunch of stuff I just can't seem to remember so clearly I guess.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    It was exactly as I previously wrote, 100% I'll Pm you, as I've said my piece and see this as something in the past.
    • 146 939 + DFI LanParty UT nF4 SLI-D
    • SS Chilly1
    • Geil Ultra-X (bh-5)
    • HIS X1900 XT Extreme

Xtreme Addict
    Got your pm, and remember as much as it states now but just can't see the unit(s) in my head. Unusual, I normally remember every one of them when I get a few details.

Just the v2k's were something I spent a pretty lengthy time getting 100%. Any chance you'd still have a picture or 2 of it? Bugging me that I can't see it, though not really your problem.

I don't do custom work at all for anyone now. Not so much because of past issues, or even forum rules, just that when you do that stuff, and it's not exactly what someone wants, it can turn pretty sour. Had my share of sour.

I just (very) occasionally sell something I've built if I have time to build, which lately (being off work) I have.

But am very sorry that things went the way they did, apologised for it before and probably will need to again. At times I wonder if coming back to XS isn't a mistake, probably better off here without my being around, I'm just bringing back bad news with me. I'll have to think about that, maybe I should just leave it and stay that way.

Plenty of other guys here that can help out in the phase forum.

Anyways, I'll reread your pm, see if I can remember all the details and what unit/units they were and go from there. Will pm back tomorrow.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimas View Post
    dear Gray, as already told, i don't care about that money...if you want to do a good thing, give em to a local found for helping Homeless or children, or to Haiti earthquake founds, this way will work pretty well...consider our situation closed, let's continue from where we was...when i'll find time to talk on msn or other thing related...

take care
    Andrea
    Thanks Andrea, though there's no such thing as 'going back'.

Things are different, I'm different. More and less than what I was.

Appreciate the message though, but like I said, guess I should probably think a while on whether I really belong.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Admin

* rant over *

Quote Originally Posted by Dimas View Post

take care
    Andrea
    It was exactly as I previously wrote, 100% I'll Pm you, as I've said my piece and see this as something in the past.
    Got your pm, and remember as much as it states now but just can't see the unit(s) in my head. Unusual, I normally remember every one of them when I get a few details.

Just the v2k's were something I spent a pretty lengthy time getting 100%. Any chance you'd still have a picture or 2 of it? Bugging me that I can't see it, though not really your problem.

I don't do custom work at all for anyone now. Not so much because of past issues, or even forum rules, just that when you do that stuff, and it's not exactly what someone wants, it can turn pretty sour. Had my share of sour.

I just (very) occasionally sell something I've built if I have time to build, which lately (being off work) I have.

But am very sorry that things went the way they did, apologised for it before and probably will need to again. At times I wonder if coming back to XS isn't a mistake, probably better off here without my being around, I'm just bringing back bad news with me. I'll have to think about that, maybe I should just leave it and stay that way.

Plenty of other guys here that can help out in the phase forum.

Anyways, I'll reread your pm, see if I can remember all the details and what unit/units they were and go from there. Will pm back tomorrow.

Gray
    Thanks Andrea, though there's no such thing as 'going back'.

Things are different, I'm different. More and less than what I was.

Appreciate the message though, but like I said, guess I should probably think a while on whether I really belong.

Gray
    It is best to keep this public so we can see if it's being resolved, which is mandatory for things to carry on as they are now.
    Ron
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Xtreme Addict
    I can see (and appreciate) why he'd send that message in PM. Contained mostly private and banking details.

Can't repost it here, but he is welcome to post the same details. Would prefer the more personal ones don't get a public posting.

Still can't remember a V2K though. I remember a black unit, originally a Pazza unit with Chilly1 parts and some really bad wiring.

Also remember discussing options for higher load, ending up with a larger MP14B in it (I think)

I think I remember you hated the noise level, and there was something else, but being a while back, finer details are fuzzy.

But the V2K I can't remember at all Do you have pics? Did you actually end up with a unit in the end at all? Was it a V2K in the end?

Is it a unit you still have? Is it still broken and if so, what were the actual problems with it?

I'm just trying to work out where things were actually at when it got left. Try to figure out what I'd need to do to make it right.

I get the impression you don't actually even want me to do anything, and just wanted people to know what happened.

Hopefully there is actually something I can do to make this right, though I know sometimes there just isn't.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast