Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gray Mole - Old issues

Xtreme Addict
    Sorry, hope I didn't make anyone think I'd run away.

Had an old friend die on me

He was only a month older than me too. Seems like a lot of my old friends have moved on. I always thought I'd be one of the first to go. Hit's you pretty hard when it's someone you really like.

Appreciate the comments though. Nice to feel needed sometimes.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dave's Mentor!
    grey sold me a little unit a month ago and i gotta say i liked dealing with him
    shipping cost him 40$ more than he actually quoted me and he paid it out of his own pocket
    i feel lucky that he's in canada

thanks grey

maximus IV extreme gtx580
    gigabut p67-ud7
    p67 sabertooth
    2500k+2600k
    antec 1200watt
    EVGA classified 760
    920 Batch# 3849B018 4.985ghz@1.52v gtx285 ftw sli
    OCZ3RPR1866LV6GK hypers
    dfi ut p35 rampage extreme
    gigabut p35c-ds3r bios suks
    gigabut x38-d6q dead thank god
    ballistix 8500 1240mhz@2.02v

Welcome Back Grey Mole long time no see

Banned
    Stocky moved out the UK back home! Last he said to me on MSN

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrafluorometh View Post
    That's fatty who moved back home, not Stocky Stocky remains in cambridge, we just can't get hold of him - he got married and as far as the community is concerned, he has retired.

Just like to say, I had my reservations about Gray when he came back, but what he is doing to right the wrong's of the past, not many people would even bother - for that, I take my hat off to you.

PS: Tetrafluorometh, you have just gotta be pjalchemist!! - the whole community must know and the jokes on you

Xtreme Member
    First up, Hi Gray and all!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrafluorometh View Post
    1) You're not on my MSN

2) The UK happens to be my home (although more holidays away would always be appreciated)

Quote Originally Posted by maverik-sg1 View Post
    ...he got married and as far as the community is concerned, he has retired.
    Mav is partially correct, I got married, a house, a new job, and the rest that comes with it; but I am far too young to retire from benching! (although I have had what turned out to be an extended break)

I will pm GM in just a mo, regarding his return and my ssilencer unit.

Mole, are you still in the phase building biz? Tried to send a PM but your message box is overflowing & it won't let me...

Xtreme Addict
    Sorry FtW, I sent you a PM about things, and cleared out the box a little. My inbox was full when my subscription ran out, and I haven't gotten to renewing it yet.

It's a somewhat complicated answer, really, but yes I do still build units. My approach is far less tactical these days though. I build when it suits me, especially if there is a new technique I'd like to try, or some kind of unusual project that is worth pursuing from a R&D point of view.

I don't really feel comfortable offering any kind of custom project work, unless I can afford to completely build something and then offer it to either a general audience, or the person who expressed interest. Offering custom work for prepaid deposits isn't allowed on XS for good reason, but beyond that I just don't like that approach anymore.

There have been too many instances where pressure or issues have caused delays, or the work has been incompatible with the 'customer wishes' and I don't like the idea of anyone feeling slighted.

I build things, then if I feel like they are something that would be of use to anyone, I may put them up for sale, but most of the time I just build them and they sit on a shelf until I feel I've gained enough experience to improve upon previous design.

I work as an AC&R tech, repairs/installs/diagnostics. All the jobs that the other guys tend to hate and/or avoid. Keeps my brain active, and allows me to remain just as antisocial as the day I was born (since for the most part, there's no one to ask for help and I prefer to work alone)

So I don't much (if at all) post to the classified section here even if I do have units collecting dust. More often than not I just wait until someone contacts me to ask about things, or just advice about what's out there and the topic comes up. Building units 'for profit' just isn't of much interest anymore.

I tend not to post much in the Phase Change forum anymore either and I apologise to those that could use help or advice, even though there are still some that help out when needed. If I am around and see someone that could use guidance and isn't getting it, I'll PM them to offer what knowledge I can. I even fixed up one of Ron's units that was 'FedExified' (aka mangled beyond belief) and it was nice for a change.

On that note it was good to see that Ron is/was/maybe still using some of the recommended 'tweaks' I'd mentioned before. He's always done great work, and this one was very easy to tune and gave the best result of any unit I've repaired/reworked that another builder made.

But the Phase Forum was a bit hard to come back to the last time around and I think it's just best to stay in the shadows, helping when I can or if no one else is able to.

I hope that explains things and doesn't make anyone uncomfortable. I'll be around here and there for as long as I'm not banned or anything, and I'll always be in air conditioning and refrigeration since that's my career, and pretty much all I'm good at. But I don't think I'll ever play the role I used to in the forum. There's just not really a place for me there anymore.

There I go, writing the usual 'Novel' that I'm 'famous' for. At least everyone could tell if someone hacked my account, no one in their right mind would bother.

'Answer this question in 3 lines or less'....

I doubt it.

Cheers everyone

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123