Page 1 of 49 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Nvidia confirms the GTX 580

Banned

Arrow Nvidia confirms the GTX 580

The guys from Geek3d.com managed to find the GTX 580 on Nvidia's website and it looks like the big green slipped its existence on the 3D Vision System Requirements page.

According to the recent rumours, the Geforce GTX 580 should be based on 40nm GF110 GPU that should have 512 CUDA Cores, 2GB of GDDR5 memory and should appear sometimes by the end of this year. Nvidia has planed to push this card against AMD Cayman based cards.

The Geforce GTX 580 appeared here, but we are pretty sure that Nvidia will take it off in a matter of minutes. In case that happens, the guys from Techconnect.com have a screenshot ready. You can find it here.

http://www.fudzilla.com/graphics/ite...ms-the-gtx-580

I am Xtreme
    We have a thread for GTX580 and this has been posted before, though.
    But really... it does not mean much but that... well, there will be a card called GTX580 at some point in the future... That's about it.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Addict
    Why it seems like a nice leak well organised 1 day before the 6xxx launch ...
    CPU: - I7 4930K (EK Supremacy )
    GPU: - 2x AMD HD7970 flashed GHZ bios ( EK Acetal Nickel Waterblock H2o)
    Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe
    RAM: G-skill Ares C9 2133mhz 16GB
    Main Storage: Samsung 840EVO 500GB / 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 Raid0

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It has already disappeared from that list
    An unfortunate person is one tries to fart but sh1ts instead...

My Water Cooling Case Build (closed)

Banned
    Who cares?

It's all a PR stunt to *try* and take the hype away from the 68xx series.

Quite frankly after the GTX4xx fiasco and all their PR BS, I'm not believing anything about the GTX580 until I actually see pics of the card ( Not wooden ones, sorry )

It's most likely 2 GTX460's in SLI. I don't see how Nvidia can do anything better than the GTX480 what with no 28nm for atleast half a year more.

Xtreme Mentor
    I want to see this card to believing it, too. It's too good to be true.

But, nVidia is up for a good fight on this round, and the recent price-cut to counter the HD68xx is a good proof for that. So I won't get surprised to see a refresh/new GPU, and maybe even double-GPU too, (both with a aggressive pricing) to counter the ''Cayman'' right at the time of release.

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (BIOS 1305)
    2600K @4.5GHz 1.27v , 1 hour Prime
    Silver Arrow , push/pull
    2x2GB Crucial 1066MHz CL7 ECC @1600MHz CL9 1.51v
    GTX560 GB OC @910/2400 0.987v
    Crucial C300 v006 64GB OS-disk + F3 1TB + 400MB RAMDisk
    CM Storm Scout + Corsair HX 1000W
    +
    EVGA SR-2 , A50
    2 x Xeon X5650 @3.86GHz(203x19) 1.20v
    Megahalem + Silver Arrow , push/pull
    3x2GB Corsair XMS3 1600 CL7 + 3x4GB G.SKILL Trident 1600 CL7 = 18GB @1624 7-8-7-20 1.65v
    XFX GTX 295 @650/1200/1402
    Crucial C300 v006 64GB OS-disk + F3 1TB + 2GB RAMDisk
    SilverStone Fortress FT01 + Corsair AX 1200W

Xtreme Member
    God knows why news about Nvidia enrages people so much, i would honestly believe they are responsible for genocide from the amount of anger.

As for the news, thank you.. I guess I'll put the 480 up on eBay come the end of November in preparation.

Xtreme Addict
    I sure hope Nvidia releases something 100% as good as Cayman XT so that I dont have to pay 600$ for either one...

Antilles will be way out of my pocket, guaranteed.
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
    G-Skill Ripjaws X 16Gb - 2133Mhz
    Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
    i7 2600k @ 4.4Ghz
    Sapphire 7970 OC 1.2Ghz
    Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 128Gb

Banned
    How soon how everyone forgets about the 512sp GTX 480

http://www.geeks3d.com/20100810/gefo...-with-furmark/

Dual GF104 will be a 495 and not the 580

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey Zeus View Post
    How soon how everyone forgets about the 512sp GTX 480

http://www.geeks3d.com/20100810/gefo...-with-furmark/

Dual GF104 will be a 495 and not the 580
    I don't think it ever became a popular sell

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I just hope the limbo period would be shorter this time compared to the last one, i don't want another silly, lengthened speculation thread like one dedicated for GF 100, LOL.

@spursindonesia : Relax bro, the new GF110 will coming around january, because TSMC now is getting better than last year and nvidia will redesign fermi to have better performance

wah mas JS lama gak online di forum chip, apakah udah resign ?

Xtreme Addict
    This just in... Word coming from the frontlines... There will indeed be a card after the 580... Called... The 680!!!

Following that... Mmhmmm... Yes! There will be.... a 780!!! And yet... Still... No!?!?... 880 after that!!!! The legends WERE true!!

Surely I'm not the only one who finds this brand of "news" always incredibly pointless?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by xlimit View Post
    @spursindonesia : Relax bro, the new GF110 will coming around january, because TSMC now is getting better than last year and nvidia will redesign fermi to have better performance
    Hahaha, i'm fine bro, no worry. We'll see what nVidia have in their pocket to counter AMD's Northern Islands family. The consumer in me wants a very competitive line up to be shown & ready for sale in christmas time, but i think reality will intervene. The BEST we can hope is a tweaked GF 100 chip (128 TMUs still on 384 bit buswidth) or a 50% enlarged GF 104 chip, both still performing ~Cayman or even slightly slower, paper launched in November, reviewer edition before christmas, and Januari retail availability.

warning: it's in Indonesian language.

Quote Originally Posted by xlimit View Post
    wah mas JS lama gak online di forum chip, apakah udah resign ?
    Yup dah cape sama kelakuan member nVidia fanboys, gw gak enak sm moderator lain ntar dikira gw dianakemaskan. Gw pengen ttp bebas beropini, i am who i am. Thx & best regards.

I don't see a GTX 580 being listed on the 3d Vision requirements sheet when I checked the NVIDIA website....
    AMD Threadripper 12 core 1920x CPU OC at 4Ghz | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 motherboard | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM | Gigabyte 11GB GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme GPU | SilverStone Strider Platinum 1000W Power Supply | Crucial 1050GB MX300 SSD | 4TB Western Digital HDD | 60" Samsung JU7000 4K UHD TV at 3840x2160

Xtreme Guru
    i think youve seen about the best they are going to do with fermi for this round fellas. jen sang or wtf-his-name doing a Q&A about the "failures" of the fermi chipset should clue you into that. that is like when MS came out and said vista had "failures".
    they will be back next gen though bigtime
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Jesus Saves, God Backs-Up
    *I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.*-[XC]Gomeler
    Don't believe Squish, his hardware does control him!

Honestly at the rate Nvidia is falling behind. I dont see them coming back "big time" Your talking about a failing company with a failing product line in a failing economy. Things are not looking good for the green giant ATM. Fanboy or not everyone has to admit it. Sad thing is its good for no one cause if Nvidia does fail it will stall the graphics market and overnight AMD will start charging prices like nvidia and think the 150$ GPU is worth 300$ cause they are that good.

Xtreme Guru
    thing is man, Nvidia has all the cash. that is the thing that will allow them to weather the storm very well in my opinion. they have no debt, at all. none.
    everything they do they pay for. they dont borrow anything.
    as a company, from a professional perspective, that allows them twice as much flexibility and the gnads to handle whatever. they just better not have another fail.
    AND NO, i will not respond to any flamebait
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by overclockedamd View Post
    Honestly at the rate Nvidia is falling behind. I dont see them coming back "big time" Your talking about a failing company with a failing product line in a failing economy. Things are not looking good for the green giant ATM. Fanboy or not everyone has to admit it. Sad thing is its good for no one cause if Nvidia does fail it will stall the graphics market and overnight AMD will start charging prices like nvidia and think the 150$ GPU is worth 300$ cause they are that good.
    As an AMD fan I think they still have good engineers and the know-how to run a business. Add to that a strong driver team and aggressive marketing, they'll make a strong comeback for 28nm imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Computurd View Post
    thing is man, Nvidia has all the cash. that is the thing that will allow them to weather the storm very well in my opinion. they have no debt, at all. none.
    as a company, from a professional perspective, that allows them twice as much flexibility and the gnads to handle whatever. they just better not have another fail.
    I dont see how anyone does not see Nvidias problems ATM. When almost every statistic show AMD/ATI at a 80%+ market share for dx11. It logic...its math. I just pray Nvidia pulls out of this hump to keep the GPU race going and prices reasonable. You can't lie about whats going on. I own amd, intel and ati, nvidia my forum name is over ten years old i just prefer to not change it. I just want both to stay at a good Product sales to keep prices acceptable to the mass and keep the GPU race going. If amd or nvidia jumps lightyears beyond.... we are all at a loss cause prices will skyrocket and the tech will slow.
    Last edited by overclockedamd; 10-21-2010 at 07:44 PM.

Xtreme Guru
    I just pray Nvidia pulls out of this hump to keep the GPU race going and prices reasonable.
    absolutely, could not agree more. we need the ongoing never ending flame-war/competition () to keep the GPU market under control. everything else is just filler and fluff. i hope both companies live long and prosper, for our sake!
    "Lurking" Since 1977

absolutely, could not agree more. we need the ongoing never ending flame-war/competition () to keep the GPU market under control. everything else is just filler and fluff. i hope both companies live long and prosper, for our sake!
    Ya make smart ass comments. It doesnt mask the truth of what is happening in the PC economy atm. Its logic and i dont care what you think. If AMD gained market share for a year over Nvidia within 6 month they will be overcharging just like the competition. We need healthy competition in the market to keep prices down.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Agreed with this. nVidia won't go anywhere, even for medium term (up to 5-6 years down the road). Longterm, everybody dies.

Life does get harder for them though, losing your market share dominance means less influence power in developer relationship (money can only gets you that far), and low end consumer graphic is dead with APUs arrival from both CPU IHVs.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Sly dogs! No doubt they do this stuff on purpose, watch it get delayed a few times
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Xtreme Guru
    Ya make smart ass comments
    dont see where you get that from. reread my post. take each and every word literally, because thats how i intended it. apparently you arent used to people agreeing with you. just because someone agrees with you doesnt mean they are making smart ass comments.
    i refuse to debate the english language though. chill.

Its logic and i dont care what you think.
    again, reread my post.
    Last edited by Computurd; 10-22-2010 at 04:40 PM.
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Page 1 of 49 123411 ... LastLast