Thread: Compressor fitment!

Compressor fitment!

Im curious if there are any good compressors under 5 inches in height because while I stare at my empty 800D that im about to fill with watercooling equipment, I just have this Xtreme vision of a compressor and condensor mounted on the bottom with a water rad on the top of the case for my videocards.

Can someone help me get one step closer to this dream, just point me at the right compressors.

Xtreme Addict
    Not easy to deal in something that low profile, but if you have the length and width, horizonal rotaries are about the only thing that normally works.

Attached a pic of one I saw on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/TECUMSEH-3-4hp-RE...item58815acffe

Though it's just a little large, it's also a 3/4hp. I used some 1/4hp versions that were about 4" a while back.

Problem is usually length in a case, but it's do able.

Just D/L some tech drawings from tecumseh and do some measuring to find out the largest one you could get away with, and go from there.

Gray
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	432a_35.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	108661  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

/dev/zero
    LittleDevil for example is building complete cased units with a relatively silent Danfoss NF11 type compressor (Europe). It is very doable. He is also getting great performance from them like -30 @ 275W iirc. Just have a look at his thread here.
    Xtremesystems.org
    i7-4820K * ryba 2-stager + 1-stager * EVGA X79 Dark * 32G Team Xtreem 2666C11 * EVGA GTX 680 SC Sig. * Intel G2 80G * Corsair HX1000 * Lian Li PC-70B * Watercool Heatkiller, EK Fullcover/Backplate for GTX, MCP355 Dual Setup@Koolance RP-402X2, PA120.3+Alphacool 360, Tubing 16/10.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Five inches isn't a whole lot of space to work in. I've got a NF11 sitting right next to me and I can just eyeball it and tell you it is taller than 5 inches. I think even those horizontal rotary compressors are somewhere in the 7-9 inch height range. You are best served with an externally located single-stage.

Xtreme Addict
    Finally found a picture. From an old build thread for Melted Duron.

It was a good fit, about the height of a 120mm fan.

Downside was that over 150w the performance was pretty bad. It was small though, about a 3.5" body, plus 'feet'. 3cc I think.

Find a 5-6cc one, with a 4-4.5" body and the height would be ideal, and the performance would be great.

A standalone would be a far easier setup, but a horizontal would work if that's what you wanted to do.

Gray
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo0038.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	108673   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo0041.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	108674  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    You are best served with an externally located single-stage.
    QFT
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy