Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 3DMark 11 trailer: "High Temple"

Xtreme Legend

New 3DMark 11 trailer: "High Temple"

Futuremark is preparing their DX11 benchmark 3DMark 11 to be launched before end of the year. They have now published second technology demo called High Temple:

"High Temple is a demonstration of the DirectX 11 powered 3DMark 11 engine. The high definition 1080p trailer features a mysterious ruined temple hidden deep inside a lush jungle. Volumetric lighting illuminates the scene with bright sunlight filtering through the dense jungle. Tessellation is used to add rich detail to the temple carvings and the jungle foliage. Post processing delivers depth of field and other lens effects."

More pics & video can be found from http://www.3dmark.com

Source: Muropaketti.com
    Favourite game: 3DMark
    Work: Muropaketti.com - Finnish hardware site
    Views and opinions about IT industry: Twitter: sampsa_kurri

Xtreme Member
    Cool I like environment of this scene... Hope to see release soon :P
    Game Rig:
    Intel Core i7 920 (3.0Ghz) || EVGA X58 Classified (E760)|| 3x2 Gb A-DATA 1333Mhz Triple Channel + 3x2 Gb Patriot 1333Mhz Triple Channel || WD500GB + WD750GB + Hitachi 1TB || PowerColor Ati Radeon 5850 1024MB GDDR5 CrossFireX|| Chieftec 1020W || Acer 24" P243 (1920 x 1200) || Razer Copperhead Blue || Microsoft Reclusa || SteelSeries Seberia 7.1 || CoolerMaster CosmoS

Water cooling:
    WC HeatKiller 3.0 || 2x 120mm Koolance || Koolance RP-980BK || Koolance nozzles

Xtreme Addict
    nice job

I am Xtreme
    looks really good, but i wonder how they handle physics this time around. this scene can clearly be brought to life with some good use, but we dont want the same issue as last time with invalid scores.
    2500k @ 4900mhz - Asus Maxiums IV Gene Z - Swiftech Apogee LP
    GTX 680 @ +170 (1267mhz) / +300 (3305mhz) - EK 680 FC EN/Acteal
    Swiftech MCR320 Drive @ 1300rpms - 3x GT 1850s @ 1150rpms
    XS Build Log for: My Latest Custom Case

Wanna look under my kilt?
    Looks great

Will look better in 2 years when we can hit 90FPS!
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

PI in the face
    after tweaks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3dm11 .jpg 
Views:	1152 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	108649  
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Splave View Post
    after tweaks

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by chuchnit View Post
    +1
    i actually LoLed, which is rare for people to do who say lol

Xtreme Addict
    lol source: yourself

actually the source is 3dmark, you dont need to source yourself when you are the poster

how about you just link the video so we can get this over with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntbMUIJGa_0&hd=1

Xtreme Member
    after tweaks
    DX1? xD
    Game Rig:
    Intel Core i7 920 (3.0Ghz) || EVGA X58 Classified (E760)|| 3x2 Gb A-DATA 1333Mhz Triple Channel + 3x2 Gb Patriot 1333Mhz Triple Channel || WD500GB + WD750GB + Hitachi 1TB || PowerColor Ati Radeon 5850 1024MB GDDR5 CrossFireX|| Chieftec 1020W || Acer 24" P243 (1920 x 1200) || Razer Copperhead Blue || Microsoft Reclusa || SteelSeries Seberia 7.1 || CoolerMaster CosmoS

Water cooling:
    WC HeatKiller 3.0 || 2x 120mm Koolance || Koolance RP-980BK || Koolance nozzles

I'd like to see it in action, but is it just me or does the image look kind of washed out? The shadowed part of the vehicle is too bright.

That's not a complaint though, just an observation. Says nothing of the benchmark itself.
    Last edited by Particle; 10-20-2010 at 10:08 AM.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Wanna look under my kilt?
    after tweaks
    Too much LOD, I think you missed the sweetspot
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    I'd like to see it in action, but is it just me or does the image look kind of washed out? The shadowed part of the vehicle is to bright.

That's not a complaint though, just an observation. Says nothing of the benchmark itself.
    theres a video in the first link

however the whole scene is standing completely still. no wind or anything. kinda hoping things get better in the real version

World Champion - IRONMODS
    Nice....I'm wondering if I'll have to buy a new monitor for my benching station....anyone know if they're increasing the "default" resolution? Massman?
    Quote Originally Posted by Massman
    My definition of 'efficient' is 'it does not suck monkeyballs'. Yes, I set bars low.
    [CENTER]The post counter is not an intelligence meter!

MAX11L - "It's like a console...with the suck turned down and the awesome turned up" -tet5uo
    Heat Team IRONMODS

Xtreme Member
    Looks great. I wonder how many people are going to complain about this like they did Vantage?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by miahallen View Post
    Nice....I'm wondering if I'll have to buy a new monitor for my benching station....anyone know if they're increasing the "default" resolution? Massman?
    No idea.
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Quote Originally Posted by drnip View Post
    Looks great. I wonder how many people are going to complain about this like they did Vantage?
    It depends on if they make PhysX a part of scoring and if there's a free version or not.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    looks realistic except for 1 thing
    looks like the cleaning lady went through and removed the dust from every surface.
    but then again that is the same for almost every game.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - (Einstein)

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by miahallen View Post
    I hope so. This isn't 1999 anymore.

Xtreme Addict
    after tweaks

thats! when it is enabled with Dirextx12
    Vishera 8320@ 5ghz | Gigabyte UD3 | 8gb TridentX 2400 c10| Powercolor 6850 | Thermalight Silver Arrow (bench Super KAZE 3k) | Samsung 830 128gbx2 Raid 0| Fractal case

Xtreme Enthusiast
    with all the advertisements, it should be free.
    Email/web browsing PC
    MM Ascension case, 24/7 settings
    Classified, 980x @ 4,525Mhz, HT on 1.39V
    (3) ATI 5870's@ 1062Mhz
    G skill perfect storm RAM s 6gb, 2,176 Mhz CAS 8
    (4) intel x25m RAID 0
    CPU loop, EK supreme HF, EK mobo block, 500MM bitspower res, 2 DDC 3.25's on XSPC top, 2 XSPC RX 360's, 1 XSPC RX 480, GPU loop, EK water blocks, with nickel backs, 2 swiftech mcr 320's, 500MM bitspower res, ddc 3.25, XSPC top all with 1850 RPM gentle typhoons
    plus many other rigs.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    I hope so. This isn't 1999 anymore.
    I hope they use 1920x1080, not that I like it better than 1920x1200, just that it's easier for the 16:10 users to bump down to 1080 for the test while those with the newer screens which all seem to use 16:9 can still run the tests.

Annoyed me that I couldn't run Extreme settings without digging out my old heavy Sammy 27" " :P
    EVGA z68 FTW
    i7 2600k @ 4.8
    8gb DDR3 1600
    3x GTX 580 3gb HydroCopper2
    Silverstone Strider 1500W
    Areca 1880i w/ 6x intel x25m
    On water

Admin
    after tweaks

It looks pretty nice. Usually whenever a new version of 3DMark comes out, I feel like it looks kinda crappy, but this is pretty good. Naturally I'm most interested in the scoring algorithm though.

Quote Originally Posted by tet5uo View Post
    I hope they use 1920x1080, not that I like it better than 1920x1200, just that it's easier for the 16:10 users to bump down to 1080 for the test while those with the newer screens which all seem to use 16:9 can still run the tests.
    I agree. 16:9 seems to be a lot more widespread. Plus FWIW, many 1680x1050 monitors can run 1920x1080, just with the screen looking messed up, but for a bencher this wouldn't matter.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    [...] Plus FWIW, many 1680x1050 monitors can run 1920x1080, just with the screen looking messed up [...]
    ...what
    1. Asus P5Q-E / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @~3612 MHz (8,5x425) / 2x2GB OCZ Platinum XTC (PC2-8000U, CL5) / EVGA GeForce GTX 570 / Crucial M4 128GB, WD Caviar Blue 640GB, WD Caviar SE16 320GB, WD Caviar SE 160GB / be quiet! Dark Power Pro P7 550W / Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA / LG L227WT / Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 // SysProfile

2. Asus A8N-SLI / AMD Athlon 64 4000+ @~2640 MHz (12x220) / 1024 MB Corsair CMX TwinX 3200C2, 2.5-3-3-6 1T / Club3D GeForce 7800GT @463/1120 MHz / Crucial M4 64GB, Hitachi Deskstar 40GB / be quiet! Blackline P5 470W

Xtreme Member
    You all sure that's not a trailer for FarCry 3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast