Thread: steam group invite question

steam group invite question

hey xtreme forums,

around late september, i randomly got a group invite from a steam group called No Heroes and i have no idea how they find my steam id or steam community profile(havent even edited yet).

and i always made sure that i was always offline when i log into my steam account. so how did they know i was online?

the last time i played on a no heroes server was around april/may and the game was bad company 2(havent played it since then). can they still find your steam id and steam commmunity profile even if its a non valve multiplayer game?

and the in game bad company 2 username has nothing to do with steam.

Xtreme Addict
    I believe people have the ability to mass spam invites in a number of ways, even a server can auto invite you to a group.

Did you see who invited you? If there was no user specified then it was a server that auto invited.

It has happened to me many times, both random person adding me (usually they happen to be friends of friends, but sometimes complete strangers) and then servers auto inviting.

Just choose ignore, if they are persistent, choose block.
    i5-750 w/ Thermalright Ultra120X
    Coolermaster HAF-932
    MSI GD65
    2x2GB G.skill Cas7 1600MHz
    Sapphire HD6870
    Western Digital 640GB.AAKS
    2x Samsung F1 1TB
    2x Samsung SLC 64GB SSD
    Pioneer DVR-212BK
    Corsair HX620W
    Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music (dead, using onboard -.-)
    LG W2286L

there was a friend invite as well.

but i havent even set up my steam id profile yet so i cant delete the invites.

so someone can still find your steam id/profile even if its a non valve multiplayer game such as Bad company 2?

bad company 2 has nothing to do with your steam id/profile even though you can buy it from steam ( i have steam version)

your bad company 2 username has nothing to do with valve/steam id/profile, so how did they find my steam id/profile through bad company 2???

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by wutsup View Post
    there was a friend invite as well.

but i havent even set up my steam id profile yet so i cant delete the invites.

so someone can still find your steam id/profile even if its a non valve multiplayer game such as Bad company 2?

bad company 2 has nothing to do with your steam id/profile even though you can buy it from steam ( i have steam version)

your bad company 2 username has nothing to do with valve/steam id/profile, so how did they find my steam id/profile through bad company 2???
    Any game on Steam is augmented with stats and time played tracking etc.
    You are tracked in more ways than cares thinking about

Quote Originally Posted by SexyMF View Post
    Any game on Steam is augmented with stats and time played tracking etc.
    You are tracked in more ways than cares thinking about
    well bad company 2 isnt really a steam game. its just distributed through steam.

and the bad company 2 profile name has nothing to do with steam id/steam community profile. i dont understand how they couldve found out my steam id even though a non valve multiplayer game.....

so they can still find your steam id/steam profile name even if its a non valve multiplayer game? how would they do that???? cause i know if valve native multiplayer games such as counter strike, half life, left 4 dead, you can bring up the console and find your steam id. but how would they find my steam id through a non valve multiplayer game such as Bad company 2.