Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yes you read it right...Another Tj07 build

Xtreme Member

Yes you read it right...Another Tj07 build

Hey guys, just after completing my build not more than a couple of months back, im starting a new one. seriously this is now becoming an addiction.

So for starters. The spec sheet. Still unconfirmed. Will be deciding on the parts as i keep moving along.

- Intel Core i7 980X Processor (confirmed and ordered)
    - Gigabyte X58A-UD7 motherboard (confirmed and ordered)
    - Corsair Dominator GT Ram modules 6GB (confirmed but yet to be ordered)
    - Soundcard (undecided but preferably creative)
    - 2X Nvidia GTX480 SLI (unconfirmed. if nvidia brings new gpu's out soon then ill change)
    - 4 SSD's. 1x128GB Corsair (already owned) 1x256GB Samsung (already owned) 2xG.Skill Phoenix II 256GB SSD's (unconfirmed, still thinking about it)
    - Be Quiet 1000W Modular PSU (confirmed and already own)
    - Blu ray Reader (confirmed but yet to be ordered)
    - 3X Alienware 120Hz LCD's (confirmed but yet to be ordered)

Now the watercooling Spec sheet:
    EK-Supreme HF - Blue Plexi/Chrome
    2xEK-FC480 GTX - Nickel
    EK-CoolStream RAD XT (240)
    EK-CoolStream RAD XT (360)
    2xDanger Den/Laing DDC 3.25 -12V 18 Watt Version
    Frozen Q Liquid Fusion Reservoir
    EK-Multioption RES X2 - 250 Advanced as a backup since the frozen q tends to leak every now and then
    XSPC Dual 5.25" Bay Reservoir for Single Laing DDC
    Bitspower Compression Fittings
    Feser Tubing White and Blue
    Feser Clear/Uv blue coolant

Theme that i decided for this project is White and Blue. I always wanted to do a build in white so thought why not do it this time. I will try to get everything painted in this colour scheme from the case itself to the power supply to the Cpu block.

This build will take some time since i have not even ordered the WC parts or most of the main components as well. As you guys can imagine, this kind of setup requires deep pockets which unfortunately i dont have at the moment. So as i keep saving money, ill keep ordering.

Stuff that has been done uptil now.
    MDPC-X Sleeving was ordered and arrived
    Be quiet dark power pro 1000w Psu arrived
    Gigabyte X58A-UD7 motherboard is on its way.
    Already own the Tj-07

Paint Job on the tj-07.

Paint Job on the Be quiet dark power pro Psu:

Sleeving Partially done:

I plan to use a sandblasted glass panel instead of the mid plate. This build is very much inspired from the murder mod builds. Top mesh grill will also be replaced by a thin glass panel to see the internals. Thats it for now. hope you guys like the build Oh and sorry for the long story:P

Looks great so far, love the paint job, and sleeving to match. Will be watching this one for sure.
    Monitor- 30" Dell 3007WHP-HC
    Motherboard - Intel D975XBX2 | Processor - Intel C2D E6600 | Cooler - Tuniq Tower 120
    Power Supply - PC Power & Cooling 750watt Silencer
    Ram - Team Xtreem PC2-6400 4x1GB DDR2-800
    Video Card - Sapphire 4890
    HDD- 500gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 [VISTA Ultimate 64] | 200gb Maxtor DiamondMAX 10 [XP]
    Case - Silverstone T-J09 Black w/ Window

Xtreme Member
    Thanks Wood much appreciated

Have to agree. Love the blue stripes on the case and your PSU. Great start and looking forward to seeing more.

Xtreme Addict
    With creative ideas and paint jobs like that, the TJ07 will never get old.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Member
    Looks like... another great and interesting build!

Very nice hardware choice and excellent paint job, looking forward to see the progress.

P.S. If you have ordered Liquid Fusion very recently (V revision with screw in ends), no need to worry about leaks- unless you crack it with a hammer
    Check out my WC worklog: BSG Pegasus - Lian Li PC-A77B
    Rev. 1.0 Photos ----- Rev 1.1 Photos ----- Rev 1.4 Photos ----- Rev 2.0 Photos ----- Rev 3.0 Photos -----
    Detailed flow comparison across all revisions ----- i7 980X @ 4960Mhz

PC:
    i7 980X 4.2GHz @1.31v / Asus Rampage III Black Edition / Corsair Dom GT 3x4GB 2000 CL9 / 2x Palit GTX 580 3GB
    Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB / 2x WD 2TB EARS / WD 2.5" 500GB / LG Blu-Ray DVD
    Lian Li PC-A77B / Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W / MS X-6 / SS Ikari / Logitech G27 + X230 / Win 7 x64 Pro
    3x Dell AW2310 120Hz 3D + Nvidia 3D Vision Surround

WC:
    3x DDC 3.25 + 3x HTS-PMP400 / EK DDC Dual V2 + Single V2 Tops - Single loop / EK Multi-Option / Bitspower fittings
    EK Supreme HF v3 / 2x EK GTX 5X0 Acetal + Nickel / Primochill LRT Black 1/2 ID 3/4 OD
    2x XSPC RX360 + RX240 / Aquaero 5 Pro + flow & temp sensors / 21x Akasa Apache Black

Xtreme Member
    New update
    time for update. well not a big one but shifted to my new room today and started working on the 24 pin connector.

My shiny new workbench

Psu Stripped out

This is what 100 meters of MDPC-X white sleeving looks like

Attack of the cables

New Room with new setup

My new CD rack

@ luke...bro i ordered around 3-4 months back first....it got cracked..then he sent out a new revision....that got cracked...n now he says another new version is out....so im a bit doubtful to be honest. havent had a very good experience with liquid fusion to be honest with you

Xtreme Member
    sweet paint job man. Makes me want to bust out the airbrush and do some work on my own case! Good luck with the build

100 Meters of white MDPC sleeve How much heat shrink was purchsed to go with the white sleeve? Also if you dont mind, how much of the accent sleeve and associated heatshrink was purchased? I have wanted to sleeve my new Revolution +85 but have never dont the proper calculations yet I know, I know

Like the workstation as well. As a cabinetmaker a nice workstation goes along way with me!
    Motherboard - Intel D975XBX2 | Processor - Intel C2D E6600 | Cooler - Tuniq Tower 120
    HDD- 500gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 [VISTA Ultimate 64] | 200gb Maxtor DiamondMAX 10 [XP]

man i love your paint job, i have a CM690 white with black stripes. Stripes give very good look to the case. Canīt wait to see your finished

Xtreme Member
    thanks for the appreciation. The paint job was actually done by a friend of mine.

Time for teeny weeny update:
    More Sleeving in progress pics. (i guess you guys must be getting bored that all you have to see is sleeving pics in the updates but ill show you why its taking so much time)

45 Minutes after starting working on the sleeving i got here

This is how a normal wire looks like

This is how it looks like after applying a electrical tape coat. Trust me its really frustrating to do this

After 1 and a half hour i get to

So first its stripping the wire out, then a coat of electical tape, then sleeve then put the wire back in. Reason for electrical tape is to protect the coloured wires being seen through the white sleeve. Anyways thanks for looking

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post
    sweet paint job man. Makes me want to bust out the airbrush and do some work on my own case! Good luck with the build
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WoodWorker420 View Post
    100 Meters of white MDPC sleeve How much heat shrink was purchsed to go with the white sleeve? Also if you dont mind, how much of the accent sleeve and associated heatshrink was purchased? I have wanted to sleeve my new Revolution +85 but have never dont the proper calculations yet I know, I know

Like the workstation as well. As a cabinetmaker a nice workstation goes along way with me!
    The 100 meters of sleeve comes with 10 meters of heatshrink with it as far as i remember. Even if it doesnt now you know how much is needed:P

On mdpc site it is recommended that you need 1 meter of heatshrink for every 10 meters of sleeve. I purchased 40 meters of blue sleeve with 4 meters of blue heatshrink.

Xtreme Member
    Haha i know your pain with insulation tape over wires, just had to do the same, albeit not as much white as you. I done it differently though, length ways. Put the wire on the edge of tape, then rolled the wire as if you were rolling a doob

But its still a ballache xD

DySfunCtiOnal MeMbEr
    You could have used white primer or paint on the wires instead of tape to reduce the amount of time required.....
    Windows 7 64 Bit
    BenQ FP241W Black 24" LCD
    Mountain Mod Case w/ Base
    Asus Rampage III Black Edition
    i9-990x @ 4.58GHz - 1.36v Temps (Idle 23C - Load 48C)
    12GB Corsiar Dominator GT (PC3 15000) @ 9-9-9-24 1T - 1.65v
    Sapphire 5870 x3 "OC" w/ EK Water Block Temps (25C-49C)
    EK-Supreme / 4 Alphacool Laing DDC-Pump Ultras + Extras
    Power Supply / 2x Silver Stone DX1000
    Western Digital 1.0TB x 3
    Crosair SSD 128GB x 2

World Community Grid!

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by malkiewicz View Post
    You could have used white primer or paint on the wires instead of tape to reduce the amount of time required.....
    +1 , nice build! im in love with all the builds on this forum!

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by malkiewicz View Post
    damn....oh well im halfway there now. so no point in taking out all the sleeves and re doing them again:P. thanks for the tip though

Xtreme Member
    Motherboard Arrived today. Here are some pics

Front Box

Back o the box

Open this box and you see another box

And open that box and you see yet another box

Both Lined up Together

you wont believe when but when you remove the top plastic cover of the motherboard, you see ANOTHER BOX!!!

The hybrid Cooling Heatpipes for the north-bridge...in case you're really stupid and you want to block the 2 mini pci slots

The pre-watercooled NB.....not gonna need that

10 sata ports:o.....YES!!!!

Rev1.0

Back I/O ports

Time for some macro photography

Dual Bios Chips

Wierd Finish on the Cpu Bracket

1366 Socket Pins

And more Pins

POWER!!!!!!

I just liked this shot

Casing and board together

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Did you do that paint job? If so I love it

Quote Originally Posted by xxh1tm4nxx View Post
    10 sata ports:o.....YES!!!!
    I've seen 12

Colours on the board will go well with the overall colour theme of this build. I dont suppose that happened by mistake....

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjiwing View Post
    Did you do that paint job? If so I love it
    Actually this was done by a friend. Still Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TRICHEESE View Post
    I've seen 12
    haha damn im getting weak at simple maths:P

Quote Originally Posted by WoodWorker420 View Post
    Colours on the board will go well with the overall colour theme of this build. I dont suppose that happened by mistake....
    lol actually i got the case painted first and then i realised that not many boards come with this colour configuration. I couldnt put an evga or r3e in this cuz that would ruin the whole look. Finally found this board and have to say...what a relief it was.

Xtreme Guru
    Quick hint with the UD7, update bios to prevent USB problems with certain keyboards + mouse, Anything after Fr will do the fix

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    thanks for the tip johnny....will keep that in mind (Y)

Xtreme Member
    Absolutely beautiful colorway! Everything fits very goo together... Really like that!

Xtreme Member
    ok time for update. i think all the parts that needed to be painted have been painted now. actually not all..there are a few left. but majority of them have been. This time was the mid plate and the motherboard tray with some, well not so professional cutting. Have a look

Midplate installed

shiny

Got this cut to route cables behind the motherboard tray..although i slightly miscalculated and got the cut wrong....will get this corrected soon

And now the tray with the board installed. Looks good imo

The not so straight cut (will need fixing too)

Psu 24 pin completed

Thats it for now thanks for watching

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast