Thread: Aida64

Threaded View

Aida64

AIDA64 Extreme Edition v1.00.1111

BUDAPEST, Hungary - October 06, 2010 - FinalWire Ltd. today announced the immediate availability of AIDA64 Extreme Edition 1.00 software, a streamlined diagnostic and benchmarking tool for home users; and the immediate availability of AIDA64 Business Edition 1.00 software, an essential network management solution for small and medium scale enterprises.

As a descendant of the award-winning AIDA16 and AIDA32 software, and the successor to the widely popular diagnostic utility Lavalys EVEREST, the brand new AIDA64 version leaps forward into the next decade by introducing a collection of 64-bit processor and memory benchmarks, an enhanced 64-bit system stress test module, and a further expanded hardware database.

"After the splitting up of Lavalys, we at FinalWire are happy to continue our efforts of delivering a dependable monitoring software to our faithful users" said Tamas Miklos, managing director of FinalWire. "Since the introduction of our first diagnostic utility ASMDEMO in 1995, we have built a passionate community of hobby users, hardware enthusiasts, and professional overclockers. Using the valuable feedback we have collected from them in the past few years, we have created a software for the new decade of 64-bit multi-core systems."

New and enhanced benchmarks
    Besides introducing 64-bit variants of its proven memory and processor benchmark methods, AIDA64 implements an optimized ZLib data compression benchmark and an enhanced set of fractal computational floating-point benchmarks. It also adds a new CPU benchmark method to determine cryptographic hash value calculation performance. All AIDA64 processor benchmarks are now fully ported to 64-bit, scale up to 32 processor cores, and utilize MMX, 3DNow! and SSE instructions to unlock the full potential of modern multi-core Intel and AMD processors.

Solid-state drive support
    AIDA64 further extends its exhaustive hardware database by adding 300 solid-state drives (SSD), making the database count over 115,000 entries total. On top of the usual ATA auto-detect information the new SSD database enables AIDA64 to display flash memory type, controller model, physical dimensions, and data transfer performance data. The new AIDA64 version also implements SSD-specific SMART disk health information for Indilinx, Intel, JMicron, Samsung, and SandForce controllers.

Improved stress testing, alerting and hardware monitoring features
    The popular System Stability Test module is now ported to 64-bit to put the most demanding workload on both the system memory and all available CPU cores. Overheating, over-voltage, and cooling fan alerts are now fine-tunable with alert sound and emergency application launch. The real-time hardware monitoring module was further improved by adding Intel QST 2.0, Koolance TMS-200, and DIMM thermal sensor device support.
    Note from AIDA64 developer, Fiery:
    Lavalys never purchased or "inherited" AIDA32. There used to be a commercial rights agreement between Lavalys and me (the "individual") that has been terminated and cancelled on October 01, 2010. The intellectual property rights related to AIDA32 and EVEREST has always been, and still is mine. In fact, that's what the quite peculiar Hungarian IP law dictates, so if anyone's interested, you can look it up

Actually, it's not FinalWire or myself, but Lavalys that may be in a position of violating my intellectual property rights. My lawyers will analyse the situation and they will advise me about the next steps to take.

We'll see how that turns out, but one thing is sure: you will see AIDA64 to evolve, and time will tell what happens to Lavalys and EVEREST.
    http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extreme100exe
    http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extreme100zip

AIDA64 Extreme Edition v1.00.1114 Beta

http://www.aida64.com:8081/aida64ext...o1iwfjk6ld.zip

* preliminary GPU information for AMD Radeon HD 6850 (Barts)
    * preliminary GPU information for AMD Radeon HD 6870 (Barts)
    * fixed: memory write benchmark on Intel Dunnington, Gulftown, Westmere
    Last edited by stasio; 10-14-2010 at 09:00 AM.
    Need a Gigabyte latest BIOS?
    Z370 AORUS Gaming 7,
    GA-Z97X-SOC Force ,Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.65 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 10 x64