Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XFX officially stops doing Nvidia

Xtremely Retired OC'er
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Gotta wait for Intel to join the party. What time was it planned again... 2012 or so?
    Aha lets say 2012, Intel cmon start to make make gpus in year 2012 !!!!

Fact is intel got tech to doing gpus but making good ones they dont have it. not that i know!
    Lets say, if they will buying tech from ati or nvidia that will kick they production gpus that will run over 2ghz

Does anyone still buy from xfx, with their catch me if you can warranty ?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dengyong View Post
    Does anyone still buy from xfx, with their catch me if you can warranty ?
    Not me, XFX can go and die alone in some basement for all I care. Never seen support worse than theirs.
    The XS Folding@Home team needs your help! Join us and help fight diseases with your CPU and GPU!!

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff
    anytime a company drops 1 company, for another, its fallout from dumb decisions. in this case, nvidia had thier head up thier butt, and XFX still had 1 good card to play.
    they did, and now ATI just got alittle more market potential. very dumb bluff on Nvidias part.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

Xtreme Addict
    loved my 1gb XFX 4870; will buy them again if they continue to stick to the great AMD ref. coolers on their high-end cards!
    Core i7 2600k|HD 6950|8GB RipJawsX|2x 128gb Samsung SSD 830 Raid0|Asus Sabertooth P67
    Seasonic X-560|Corsair 650D|2x WD Red 3TB Raid1|WD Green 3TB|Asus Xonar Essence STX

Core i3 2100|HD 7770|8GB RipJawsX|128gb Samsung SSD 830|Asrock Z77 Pro4-M
    Bequiet! E9 400W|Fractal Design Arc Mini|3x Hitachi 7k1000.C|Asus Xonar DX

Dell Latitude E6410|Core i7 620m|8gb DDR3|WXGA+ Screen|Nvidia Quadro NVS3100
    256gb Samsung PB22-J|Intel Wireless 6300|Sierra Aircard MC8781|WD Scorpio Blue 1TB

Harman Kardon HK1200|Vienna Acoustics Brandnew|AKG K240 Monitor 600ohm|Sony CDP 228ESD

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501 View Post
    Not me, XFX can go and die alone in some basement for all I care. Never seen support worse than theirs.
    Could not agree more. Had nothing but problems with XFX. The worst company I have ever had to deal with actually. Actually threatened to take them to court.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Geez guys...
    Chill out, it's only for XFX Europe.. maybe that area didn't sell particularly well for XFX?

Onto the 460, I really hope that XFX will keep doing Nvidia. They give out great cards and warranty
    Team XS: xs4s.org

It is
    "If you play with any other than me, you won't get a bite of my chocolate cake"

"Your new friend is stupid, cause he/she is good at something too, and I'm jealous. So from now on, we're not friends anymore....haha"

One of the reason I stopped buying tech, unless my stuff is really out of date. A kindergarden. A sick mingle of selfcentered mindless c..h...
    ~Opinion about Dogs~~~~~~~Hug~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~

Xtreme Cruncher
    "doing" Nvidia? wow wow what are we talking about here...
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Xtreme Addict
    nvidia is heading down a dangerous path lately
    WILL CUDDLE FOR FOOD

Quote Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
    Dual proc client systems are like sex in high school. Everyone talks about it but nobody is really doing it.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Really hope that Nvidia won't go down like 3dfx..
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingcarcas View Post
    "doing" Nvidia? wow wow what are we talking about here...
    Considering what lead to this event maybe the title should be "XFX officially stops being done by Nvidia".

Xtreme Guru
    hell yeah, XFX is working with AMD, niceeeee!! nvidia and there arrogance sigh!

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Quote Originally Posted by Sn0wm@n View Post
    nvidia is heading down a dangerous path lately
    Nah... just trimming some dead wood.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dengyong View Post
    Nah... just trimming some dead wood.
    That "dead wood" is a pretty large OEM manufacturer of GPUs.

Regardless of what the reason is for this, I have a feeling that XFX isn't going to be hurting too much from this deal, and based on the recently released GT 430, Nvidia may be the only one that's hurting at the moment.
    PII 965BE @ 3.8Ghz /|\ TRUE 120 w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm fan /|\ XFX HD 5870 /|\ 4GB G.Skill 1600mhz DDR3 /|\ Gigabyte 790GPT-UD3H /|\ Two lovely 24" monitors (1920x1200) /|\ and a nice leather chair.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Pistol View Post
    That "dead wood" is a pretty large OEM manufacturer of GPUs.

Regardless of what the reason is for this, I have a feeling that XFX isn't going to be hurting too much from this deal, and based on the recently released GT 430, Nvidia may be the only one that's hurting at the moment.

exactly ...
    WILL CUDDLE FOR FOOD

Quote Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
    Dual proc client systems are like sex in high school. Everyone talks about it but nobody is really doing it.

Visitor
    For me as a EU customer it doesn't make much difference. Here there's no special warranty treatment like in the US. Although good looking, it's basically just one decal applier less.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cx-ray; 10-11-2010 at 07:13 PM.

Xtreme Member
    They really had some awesome art on their cards , I remember loving the design on the 9800gx2 boxc as well.

Xtreme Guru
    we should be happy xfx is atleast doing something with there gpu's... XFX was my all time favourite brand!

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    whilst in the past nivdia has always received my support, of late they are really going out of their way to get me off side
    this is just another example of nvidia pushing smaller niche companies around

why dont they try this with asus (or even evga) ?

(i am sure there is two sides to the story but i have a feeling this will not play out well for nvidia; likewise im sure amd will be enjoying the full support of xfx now)
    |W3570|ClassifiedE760|12gbGT2000c7|2x[XFXgtx295]|X-fiForte|2xF120raid0|2x300gbVraptor|HX1000|LianPC-71|Dell3007wfp-HC|

Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    SuperPi is like caviar. It's an acquired taste.

Its pretty stupid that NVIDIA is pissing off their AIB's, I mean, Gigabyte, ASUS and MSI are also selling ATI cards, why aren't they pissed off at them. NVIDIA really needs to get off their high horse, STFU, GTFO and stop acting like jerks.
    AMD Threadripper 12 core 1920x CPU OC at 4Ghz | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 motherboard | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM | Gigabyte 11GB GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme GPU | SilverStone Strider Platinum 1000W Power Supply | Crucial 1050GB MX300 SSD | 4TB Western Digital HDD | 60" Samsung JU7000 4K UHD TV at 3840x2160

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by -Sweeper_ View Post

... Last year, XFX started selling ATI, Nvidia got mad and told them that they won’t get Fermi based cards. XFX wanted to offer AMD boards and many gamers actually saw this as a great move and because it could make some nice money and market share of course.

Nvidia didn’t cut XFX completely off as the company continued to sell anything from Nvidia but Fermi. Over the summer Nvidia launched the rest of Geforce GTX 400 family, but they didn’t give any to XFX.
    Wasn't this the reason why Intel got fined by EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Ego
    Fact is intel got tech to doing gpus but making good ones they dont have it. not that i know!
    Lets say, if they will buying tech from ati or nvidia that will kick they production gpus that will run over 2ghz
    In fact Intel has all the tech... Now it is just a copy/paste job. The big question is "does Intel want to make discrete GPU which is not larrabee derivate...?"

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I like XFX cards, so im not sure if this is a good move for nvidia, alot of people like XFX lifetime warranty, but ive heard bad things about the support. Havnt had any experience myself to comment, but iove heard a thing or two.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by HelixPC View Post
    I like XFX cards, so im not sure if this is a good move for nvidia, alot of people like XFX lifetime warranty, but ive heard bad things about the support. Havnt had any experience myself to comment, but iove heard a thing or two.
    Probably XFX Europe's customer support.

All systems sold. Will be back after Sandy Bridge!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cx-ray View Post
    For me as a EU customer it doesn't make much difference. Here there's no special warranty treatment like in the US. Although good looking, it's basically just one decal applier less.
    Why does that card^ say MSI..?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast