Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XFX officially stops doing Nvidia

Banned

Arrow XFX officially stops doing Nvidia

XFX Europe have confirmed that they only want to associate themselves with AMD from this point onwards. The company will bring an outstanding array AMD next-generation graphics to market in October and November and it will compete aggressively against Fermi. Enough is enough, say XFX to Nvidia’s recent action to de-authorise them from the approved partner list.

Many people are not aware of the fact that until last Friday, XFX was actually selling and supporting Nvidia cards, just not Fermi based ones. The story is rather simple. Last year, XFX started selling ATI, Nvidia got mad and told them that they won’t get Fermi based cards. XFX wanted to offer AMD boards and many gamers actually saw this as a great move and because it could make some nice money and market share of course.

Nvidia didn’t cut XFX completely off as the company continued to sell anything from Nvidia but Fermi. Over the summer Nvidia launched the rest of Geforce GTX 400 family, but they didn’t give any to XFX.

XFX told us earlier that as of this day, they officially stop selling any Nvidia cards. This is a direct action after Nvidia’s decision to de-authorise XFX from approved partner list. The decision to stop working with Nvidia doesn’t surprise us as Nvidia simply didn’t send any Fermi chips to XFX and they were encouraging channel partners not to work with XFX, and therefore XFX simply could not sell enough Nvidia cards.

So the partnership is over from both sides and end users can simply stop hoping to see any Nvidia based XFX cards in any near future. Of course end users will suffer and they will simple have to go in some other Nvidia partner's direction.

AMD will of course be jumping to the roof as they and their supporters will profit. If you want XFX you will have to match it with AMD which potentially means more sales for AMD’s graphics part, something that we use to call ATI.

Cy Brown, XFX Vice president of sales in Europe has confirmed the move. Nvidia Europe on the other hand did not wish to comment.

http://www.fudzilla.com/graphics/ite...s-doing-nvidia

I am Xtreme
    No surprise. I would've done it the day they were denied to sell Fermi... Not the smartest move on Nvidia's part, tbh.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Addict
    It's 1:0 for AMD anyway. Lol at NVIDIA and their stupid nonsense...
    Intel Core i7 920 4 GHz | 18 GB DDR3 1600 MHz | ASUS Rampage II Gene | GIGABYTE HD7950 3GB WindForce 3X | WD Caviar Black 2TB | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Altec Lansing MX5021 | Corsair HX750 | Lian Li PC-V354
    Super silent cooling powered by (((Noiseblocker)))

Xtreme Member
    Palit/Gainward stop doing Ati cards with HD5xxx series. Lol at AMD and their stupid nonsense...

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    Palit/Gainward stop doing Ati cards with HD5xxx series. Lol at AMD and their stupid nonsense...
    Maybe LOL @ Palit in this case, then? HD5xxx cards sell really well. And not like they were not allowed to sell those, were they?
    Donate to XS forums
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Turkey Man
    Can wait to see them focussed on AMD

Xtreme Member
    I'm not an ATI fan, but to be fair I never heard amazing things about Palit and hadn't even really heard of Gainward.....
    Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
    Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Quote Originally Posted by kgk View Post
    I'm not an ATI fan, but to be fair I never heard amazing things about Palit and hadn't even really heard of Gainward.....
    Never heard of Gainward?!
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    There is a hidden truth to all this, its not like xfx is the only brand that carries both ati & nvidia labels so I don't see why Nvidia would only try to penalize xfx.

I would imagine there was some other major disagreement between them or else msi & asus would be in the same boat...
    Work Rig: Asus x58 P6T Deluxe, i7 950 24x166 1.275v, BIX2/GTZ/D5
    3x2048 GSkill pi Black DDR3 1600, Quadro 600
    PCPower & Cooling Silencer 750, CM Stacker 810

Game Rig: Asus x58 P6T, i7 970 24x160 1.2v HT on, TRUE120
    3x4096 GSkill DDR3 1600, PNY 660ti
    PCPower & Cooling Silencer 750, CM Stacker 830

AMD Rig: Biostar TA790GX A2+, x4 940 16x200, stock hsf
    2x2gb Patriot DDR2 800, PowerColor 4850
    Corsair VX450

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Maybe LOL @ Palit in this case, then? HD5xxx cards sell really well. And not like they were not allowed to sell those, were they?
    http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news...ct-policy.aspx

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by gilgamesh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    maybe lol @ palit in this case, then? Hd5xxx cards sell really well. And not like they were not allowed to sell those, were they?
    http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news...ct-policy.aspx
    Palit stopped selling ATI branded cards because they were not allowed to use custom designs, not because they were not allowed to sell 5xxx cards at all like in Nvidia's case.
    Donate to XS forums

Xtreme Rack Freak
    Are you serious ?
    They are the biggest supplier for Asia, I think. They basically have a bigger market audience than all North America combined.

Main Rigs...
    Silver : i7-2600k / Asus P8H67-I Deluxe / 8GB RAM / 460 GTX SSC+ / SSD + HDD / Lian Li PC-Q11s
    WCG rig(s)... for team XS Full time
    1. i7 860 (Pure Cruncher)
    2. i7-870 (Acts as NAS with 5 HDDs)
    3. 1065T (Inactive currently)

all outta gum
    Quote Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
    or else msi & asus would be in the same boat...
    Nobody messes with ASUS, Gigabyte and MSI, they are too big to upset them.
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

Test bench: empty

Xtreme Mentor
    Palit/Gainward were never really in the ATi crowd from the start, i have used several Palit based Nvidia cards and that is due to the price same as it is with powercolour and ATi.

What Palit/Gainward tried to pull with the 4850 and GDDR 5 was not a small thing they sold 4870 in the disguise of a 4850, that would have upset partners because the memory was the key difference between the 4850 and 4870.

The point being Palit/Gainward never did market ATi's 4 series a lot ya there were a few tacks but noting like XFX. As it stands i will miss XFX Nvidia cards i will miss the great graphics on the box's

The original Gainward died because of Nvidia and so did BFG Tech, two of the best card companies that died because of their supplier. The current Gainward is noting special in my books its just a tag in a portfolio just like 3DFx is on Nvidia's sheet
    Last edited by ajaidev; 10-11-2010 at 07:32 AM.
    Coming Soon

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Never heard of Gainward?!
    Quote Originally Posted by alucasa View Post
    Are you serious ?
    They are the biggest supplier for Asia, I think. They basically have a bigger market audience than all North America combined.
    I'd heard the name, but had no idea what suppliers they used (ATI/NVidia), or whether they made mobos, gpus, etc.

Yea, really. Then again I don't live in Asia and don't particularly care about a brand that isn't readily available to me from my usual suppliers. Kind of the same reason I never really noticed or was interested in that Asian case manufacturer (from Japan I think?) that made expensive, quality aluminum towers. Zotac I've seen for a long time. I just never really paid any attention to Gainward since I never saw their products anywhere and never had a chance to play around with any.

I wasn't saying they were crap, just that I don't really know anything about them other than they exist.
    Last edited by kgk; 10-11-2010 at 07:56 AM.
    Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
    Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Gainward used to be in the states. Had a Gainward Golden Sample geforce 3 ti back in the day.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Wanna look under my kilt?
    Gainward/Palit/Xpertvision are pretty well distributed in the UK Coming up with a lot of 3rd-party PCB designs
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme Member
    So, what about this?

Is this picture a fake?
    AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 4009MHz
    NB @ 2673MHz
    Corsair H50 + Scythe Ultra Kaze 3k
    Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
    2X2GB DDR2 OCZ Gold
    XFX Radeon HD5850 XXX @ 900MHz Core
    OCZ Agility2 60GB
    2x500GB HDD WD Blue
    250GB Samsung
    SevenTeam 620W PAF
    CoolerMaster CM690

Xtreme Member
    Well thats sad if ... probably a little badly handled by both parties but who is to say XFX wont sell Nvidia stuff again in the future.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokinhow View Post
    So, what about this?

[pic]

Is this picture a fake?
    Probably not, as I understand it XFX tried to get enough chips from another source than nVidia directly. And made some samples, but eventually they gave up.

Xtreme Addict
    I never heard amazing things about Palit and hadn't even really heard of Gainward.....
    It's both the same Company, however there are big variations depending on region which brand is more aggressively marketed.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Owned a few Gainward cards, can't say I was impressed by the quality.

Xtreme CCIE
    I don't understand why nVidia even tried pulling that garbage with XFX. If ATI (AMD) were a new company with a few okay products and nVidia was the only game in town it works, but that's just not the case.

I like nVidia products, I do. I am a big CUDA fan, for example. But this really does show the arrogance that nVidia has had for awhile regarding their position in the market and how it is affecting their bottom line. What nVidia needs more than anything right now is a top-level management change for someone with some humility.
    Dual CCIE (Route\Switch and Security) at your disposal. Have a Cisco-related or other network question? My PM box is always open.

Xtreme Network:
    - Cisco 3560X-24P PoE Switch
    - Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall
    - Cisco 4402 Wireless LAN Controller
    - Cisco 3502i Access Point

Xtremely Retired OC'er
    Years back i did own XFX graphics card i was impressed
    We got ati nvidia and We need 3rd player badly, 3dfx was awesome, matrox was too good, s3 was good. via did good oh cmon!!!!
    Last edited by Nikolasz; 10-11-2010 at 12:12 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego View Post
    We got ati nvidia and We need 3rd player badly, 3dfx was awesome, matrox was too good, s3 was good. via did good oh cmon!!!!
    Gotta wait for Intel to join the party. What time was it planned to again... 2012 or so?
    Last edited by zalbard; 10-11-2010 at 12:15 PM.
    Donate to XS forums

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast