Thread: BlackOps G43 bios cpu-z anomaly

BlackOps G43 bios cpu-z anomaly

guyz i've been trying 2 overclock my q6600 to reach 3,6 GHz but with no luck. i'm still stuck at 375x9 (~3,4 GHz), i cant bump my fsb higher no matter what voltage i give it. i've tried to set the the core V to 1,45 - VTT 1.5, and NB to 1.52 and still no luck with 380 FSB. it boots allright but always failed @ prime-95. later on I noticed sumthin, the core voltage reading on my cpu-z only changes when i change the NB voltage. why does cpu-z detects the NB voltage as the core voltage? everest does detect my bios setting correctly. (pic below) is this something to do with the g43 bios? what bios should i use 4 better overclocking? for avoiding misreading settings of course. any help would be nice . or if g43 is the bios to use, what setting must i use to reach 3.6 GHz?

Last edited by jinomz; 10-11-2010 at 12:11 AM.

guess what, after fiddling more with the settings now i could get my q6600 up 2 400x6 (3,6 GHz). turns out my RAM couldnt get pass 1500 MHz even with 9-11-9-27 timings, i turn the devider down to 1200 MHz. anyways now it could take the prime test longer but now after bout 10-12 min it goes to BSOD . below is my settings for it, what more must i tweak? fyi i use corsair H50 for CPU and air cool the NB. temps are 65-67 ish on core temps but 55-57 ish on HWinfo and lavalys (I dont know which is accurate)

any help would be

Xtreme X.I.P.
    could also be the chipset that holds you back memory clock/fsb wise... not necessarily the mem alone
    about cpuz reading nb voltage as vcore, thats a cpuz thing... cpuz and everest and other tools either scan and guess which voltage is what, or they have a fixed table... if its a table then cpuz seems to read the wrong one... i recommend you to contact franck from cpuz and give him a headsup... i think he wont care though cause BO is rather old... but hes a perfectionist so you never know

trying adjusting your gtl on the cores. 10,5,10,10
    is a good starting point but dosnt always hit the nail on the head.
    i would be saying 1.6 is a bit much for 380 but i know with my q9450 i was running silly n/b voltage to get it at 3.6 never got it stable. the qx9650 is the way to go though will get it to 4h but needs time.
    and it does look like maybe some new ram might be needed.