Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Most Boring Family I've Ever Seen!

Xtreme Addict
    blah blah blah

This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Judaeus Apella View Post
    Yes, SHEEP is a good word that comes to mind. AMERICAN SHEEP comes more to mind. Only in America will you see that many fat people under one roof on such a normal basis, that a company will actually try to appeal to that demographic in their commercial.
    I have to agree the facts you pointed out about the stereotypical American family portrayed in that commercial. Overweight, lives in a house that seems way over their income level (mother looks like a stay home mom), has 5 cars, seems oblivious to the problems most Americans are struggling with such as job loss, crumbling health-care and social security, considering how many cars they have as a measure of their happiness. It's almost like as if the commercial was written by a European snob who has a very particular (=ignorant) view of how American families live since he gets all his ideas from Chuck Norris movies and dumb YouTube videos.

Xtreme Addict
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

I am Xtreme
    Yes, SHEEP is a good word that comes to mind. AMERICAN SHEEP comes more to mind. Only in America will you see that many fat people under one roof on such a normal basis, that a company will actually try to appeal to that demographic in their commercial.

I also want to burn that couch... seriously that is an ugly nightmare of a couch. Beige, blocky, and no style or character what so ever. THIS is the kind of person who buys a Camry!! And that's my point! You can also tell how new it is because the seat pillows raise up on the sides when they sit down... which makes me wonder WTF was the production team thinking when they decided to use that couch. Obviously, they were the kind of people who work for a company like Toyota with no style or character, a company that completely stopped making any car with character and only makes econoboxes now.

What pisses me off is that this commercial really sticks in your face the lame kind of company Toyota has become... a company, that until only recently had a proud racing spirit and made great sports cars. This just makes me sick.
    Dude I've read like 3 of your posts in the last 15 minutes and all you spout off is how much of an uppity anti-American moron you are. Is that all you have to say about America is fatty fatty fatty? Dig up something new to make fun of America for bro, that's really old and played. Besides, you live in America - in VIRGINIA of all places. Be a patriot for god sake, would it kill you?

I do agree though, Camries (is that the correct plural word for Camry?) are sheep cars. Your average joe-blow buys them for transportation and nothing else. It might as well be a city bus for four. Basic transportation, no frills. Thats why they sell, because sadly, most of the worlds population uses a vehicle as an appliance, not an appliance and a source of joy.
    Core i3-550 Clarkdale @ 4.2GHz, 1.36v (Corsair A50 HS/F) LinX Stable
    MSI H55-GD65 Motherboard
    G.Skill 4GBRL DDR3-1600 @ 1755, CL9, 1.55v
    Sapphire Radeon 5750 1GB
    Samsung F4 320GB - WD Green 1TB
    Xigmatek Utgard Case - Corsair VX550

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by NickS View Post
    Dude I've read like 3 of your posts in the last 15 minutes and all you spout off is how much of an uppity anti-American moron you are. Is that all you have to say about America is fatty fatty fatty? Dig up something new to make fun of America for bro, that's really old and played. Besides, you live in America - in VIRGINIA of all places. Be a patriot for god sake, would it kill you?

I do agree though, Camries (is that the correct plural word for Camry?) are sheep cars. Your average joe-blow buys them for transportation and nothing else. It might as well be a city bus for four. Basic transportation, no frills. Thats why they sell, because sadly, most of the worlds population uses a vehicle as an appliance, not an appliance and a source of joy.
    Seconded.
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

2,147,222 F@H Points - My F@H Statistics:
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...e=Conman%5F530

Xtreme Addict
    Look where I live. What's wrong with this picture... obviously I'm noticing a lot of things about the country I've lived in since the day I was born.

Think of it this way. You know when black people make fun of other black people, and they laugh... but if a white guy does, it, they stare at him like he's about to get his butt handed to him? Its kinda like that. It's okay to hate on other Americans if you're an American, we need to notice what's wrong with our society, otherwise problems just go unchecked. But its not as cool if someone does it to another country they don't even live in. They need to actually live in it for a while before running their mouth. I've lived here plenty long enough to have a right to be pissed at the stupid crap I see around me every day, and you will not tell me to stop. Period.
    Last edited by Judaeus Apella; 11-18-2010 at 12:56 AM.

I am Xtreme
    You make some points, but if you think obesity is one iota of a problem compared to other things going on in this country today, you live under a rock.
    MSI H55-GD65 Motherboard
    Sapphire Radeon 5750 1GB

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by NickS View Post
    You make some points, but if you think obesity is one iota of a problem compared to other things going on in this country today, you live under a rock.
    I agree, however I think what Judaeus might be getting at is the greater devolution of the people in our society. While a consumer based capitalist society is great and what has made this country great, there are definitely too many Americans that are stupid, fat, lazy, and dont contribute. People who only want to play half the game (consume and not contribute) are part of the reason the economy is in the dumps in the first place. Stupid people buying crap that they cant afford while mooching off of the government does not help the economy. People having jobs and people who only consume what they can help the economy. My tax money going to feed fat lazy people doesnt help the economy or even those people, it makes it worse for everyone. The public school system should enable people to contribute to society and manage their money, instead of joining the Nancy Pelosi drain on society.

Good old George Carlin understood it well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLRQvK2-iqQ

(nsfw language)

These are the people I cant stand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg0pDPK56Ys
    Last edited by RAW-Raptor22; 11-17-2010 at 10:11 PM.
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

Xtreme Addict
    What he said. But enough of that.

But seriously... who fills up a driveway with Toyota eco boxes? Lamest family ever. Put a muscle car in that driveway or SOMETHING that actually has some character! I can't stand bland, boring, people with no taste or any zest for life, just as much as fat, lazy, sheep. The beige couch, the lazy unattractive women, the driveway filled with boring slow eco boxes with no character, and they actually pride themselves on it.... its sobering. I NEVER want to end up like that.

Has anyone seen that other family Toyota commercial? Where the teenage son hopes to get the hybrid? Yeah, that's what every teenage boy wants, a slow a$$ Toyota hybrid... wtf. Who the hell do they think their audience is? Every boy that age I've ever heard of, talked to, or known, wants a muscle car, or some kind of super car or sports car. I've NEVER met a teenage boy who wanted a hybrid... EVER. It sickens me to think this same company used to be renown for their sports cars, and now they're so delusional they think teens want hybrids. Someone just blow up the idiot who took over this company, with missiles PLEASE!? It would be poetic justice if he was hit by their major competitor's sports car or one of his own hybrids. haha Seriously, I'd laugh so hard I'd pass out.

I am Xtreme
    What he said. But enough of that.

But seriously... who fills up a driveway with Toyota eco boxes? Lamest family ever. Put a muscle car in that driveway or SOMETHING that actually has some character! I can't stand bland, boring, people with no taste or any zest for life, just as much as fat, lazy, sheep. The beige couch, the lazy unattractive women, the driveway filled with boring slow eco boxes with no character, and they actually pride themselves on it.... its sobering. I NEVER want to end up like that.

Has anyone seen that other family Toyota commercial? Where the teenage son hopes to get the hybrid? Yeah, that's what every teenage boy wants, a slow a$$ Toyota hybrid... wtf. Who the hell do they think their audience is? Every boy that age I've ever heard of, talked to, or known, wants a muscle car, or some kind of super car or sports car. I've NEVER met a teenage boy who wanted a hybrid... EVER. It sickens me to think this same company used to be renown for their sports cars, and now they're so delusional they think teens want hybrids. Someone just blow up the idiot who took over this company, with missiles PLEASE!? It would be poetic justice if he was hit by their major competitor's sports car or one of his own hybrids. haha Seriously, I'd laugh so hard I'd pass out.

Hahaha definitely. It would be REALLY cool if they had these commercials and in the background half under a car cover in a garage was a mk3 supra poking out or something. Then it would be a regular family.
    MSI H55-GD65 Motherboard
    Sapphire Radeon 5750 1GB

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    you need to do your own vide oabout hte family that gets all the hand me down machines...

yea i got the dell 2.2ghz tower, and it tweets like crazy

yea but oh yea i got dads p4 celeron laptop....

i thought i was getting that but i got the lamo dual celeron overling expieriement...

ha hah ah ah ha, i got the gateway dual core rocker, with the dvd drive, wahoooo...

Damn i got a rock
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

Seriously - not everyone NEEDS an interesting car - they just need one to get to work and to the store etc. Sniping at people because they are, in your opinion, boring, is ultimately pointless. I own two Toyota Supra MkIII's - i use one of them (the Auto) as a daily driver. Quite frankly, as a D/D it could be any car - i don't care, as long as it gets me to the store and back in one piece. Not everyone has the subconscious need to show off what they have to others. I drive what i drive because i enjoy it - not because it's popular with other people.

Main Rig

Intel Core i7-2600K (SLB8W, E0 Stepping) @ 4.6Ghz (4.6x100), Corsair H80i AIO Cooler
    MSI Z77A GD-65 Gaming (MS-7551), v25 BIOS
    Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-19200 Kit (HX24C11BRK2/16-OC) @ 1.5v, 11-13-13-30 Timings (1:8 Ratio)
    8GB MSI Radeon R9 390X (1080 Mhz Core, 6000 Mhz Memory)
    NZXT H440 Case with NZXT Hue+ Installed
    24" Dell U2412HM (1920x1200, e-IPS panel)
    1 x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO (Boot & Install)
    1 x 2Tb Hitachi 7K2000 in External Enclosure (Scratch Disk)

Entertainment Setup

Samsung Series 6 37" 1080p TV
    Gigabyte GA-J1800N-D2H based media PC, Mini ITX Case, Blu-Ray Drive
    Netgear ReadyNAS104 w/4x2TB Toshiba DTACA200's for 5.8TB Volume size

I refuse to participate in any debate with creationists because doing so would give them the "oxygen of respectability" that they want.
    Creationists don't mind being beaten in an argument. What matters to them is that I give them recognition by bothering to argue with them in public.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I'm a car enthusiast. I bought a bland as hell DIESEL daily driver. It's practical and because I can't break it. I have a proper hot hatch for driving like a hooligan in. Cars are just 12 feet or metal to some people. They go from a to b. That's it. Who cares?

Quite frankly if you want to go down this road, I think some of the OP's car choices are very boring.
    Main Rig

AMD Athlon X2 3800+ @ 2.8GHz (10x 280MHz) | ABit Kn9 NF4 | 4GB GSkill DDR2 - 800MHz | ATi Radeon HIS HD3870 | 530w Hiper Type M PSU

80GB Western Digital SATA300 Boot Drive | 500GB Western Digital SATA300 Storage Drive | 400GB Western Digital SATA300 Storage Drive | 400GB Seagate Barracuda UDMA IDE Storage Drive | 200GB Samsung Spinpoint UDMA IDE Storage Drive | 160GB Western Digital SATA300 Storage Drive

Windows Server 2008 x64 | Dual Screen: 20" TFT @ 1920x1080 | 19" TFT @ 1440x900

Media Streaming Rig/Spare PC

Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.8GHz | Generic Motherboard | 768mb Kingston DDR - 400MHz | ATi Radeon 9250SE | 350w AOpen PSU

20GB Western Digital IDE Drive

Windows XP Professional x86 w/SP3 | TV/Monitor @ 1920x1080

Entertainment Centre

40" Sony Bravia @ 1920x1080 | Sony Playstation 3 | Microsoft Xbox 360 (RED RING OF DEATH)

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaz View Post
    I'm a car enthusiast. I bought a bland as hell DIESEL daily driver. It's practical and because I can't break it. I have a proper hot hatch for driving like a hooligan in. Cars are just 12 feet or metal to some people. They go from a to b. That's it. Who cares?

Quite frankly if you want to go down this road, I think some of the OP's car choices are very boring.
    lol, my car is 18 feet of metal...

Thats like 1.5 s***boxes:

|-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

And very bland, from the side

Main Rig

Intel Core i7-2600K (SLB8W, E0 Stepping) @ 4.6Ghz (4.6x100), Corsair H80i AIO Cooler
    MSI Z77A GD-65 Gaming (MS-7551), v25 BIOS
    Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-19200 Kit (HX24C11BRK2/16-OC) @ 1.5v, 11-13-13-30 Timings (1:8 Ratio)
    8GB MSI Radeon R9 390X (1080 Mhz Core, 6000 Mhz Memory)
    NZXT H440 Case with NZXT Hue+ Installed
    24" Dell U2412HM (1920x1200, e-IPS panel)
    1 x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO (Boot & Install)
    1 x 2Tb Hitachi 7K2000 in External Enclosure (Scratch Disk)

Entertainment Setup

Samsung Series 6 37" 1080p TV
    Gigabyte GA-J1800N-D2H based media PC, Mini ITX Case, Blu-Ray Drive
    Netgear ReadyNAS104 w/4x2TB Toshiba DTACA200's for 5.8TB Volume size

I refuse to participate in any debate with creationists because doing so would give them the "oxygen of respectability" that they want.
    Creationists don't mind being beaten in an argument. What matters to them is that I give them recognition by bothering to argue with them in public.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai Robinson View Post
    And very bland, from the side
    I am inclined to agree, the ones with the stock body kits are better:

|-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

Xtreme Cruncher
    Oh my god the second one looks so nice!
    It could have a better rear spoiler, though.
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme Addict
    LOL, I didn't choose any of the cars I have. They're just use cars I've gotten from family members for cheap. But at least the one I have now isn't a boring econobox with no soul what so ever.

It has a little pep to it. 167 torque isn't a lot or anything, but the car definitely feels better than my dad's new Camery LE, and my car is more comfortable and responds better. His feels like a cold metal brick with stiff suspension, mine feels like a lounge chair that likes to zip around. The ride is softer without feeling like a water bed and has fully independent suspension, the seats are more comfortable, the engine responds with a nice throb, and the breaks aren't overly sensitive or hard and neither is the gas pedal, unlike the honda he got rid of last year that always had an overly sensitive gas pedal from the first day we got it new. Mine gives you just enough slack in the breaks so they're comfortable but not loose or dangerous.

I like this car a whole lot more than my old truck and any of the cars my family members have had, I just wish it were the V6 version. But I have no problem passing on the highway, or making maneuvers. The only thing wrong with it is a belt that's going ($135 when I want it fixed). Fixed a bunch of bad work done on it by a mechanic who had no clue what he was doing, and that was 90% of the problems with this car (bent out break clips on the front left and right rear breaks that broke a caliper, and they put a gasket on a tranny pan that didn't use a gasket, causing a leak). We're going back with photos and demanding they pay for damages and repair costs. Found a great mechanic through a guy who takes pictures at car shows, I'll never go to another mechanic again other than this guy. He even adjusted my breaks for free.

By the way, me and my dad are going to that dip sh*t with pictures and demanding they pay for damages and repair costs. If they don't, its going to court.
    Last edited by Judaeus Apella; 11-19-2010 at 12:01 AM.

Not all Toyotas are that bad like the Caldina below

http://www.japanvehicles.com/newcars...ldina/main.htm

I'm currently running around in a Caldina 1.8Z for my daily commute and it has being loaded with all the options when imported from Japan (alloys, leather steering wheel, fog lamps etc)

The only problem is that the Caldina was only ever sold new in Japan.
    Main Rig: Asus P6T, Intel Core i7 920, OCZ 3*2GB DDR 1600, XFX GTX260, Antec CP850
    Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, AMD A64 X2 4400+, Winbond BH5 4*512 DDR400, Gigabyte 7800GT, Corsair HX620

Xtreme Cruncher
    OP, when you were talking about what cars you were looking to buy, pretty much everything you were looking to buy is what I would consider souless and boring. It's subjective. I think my car has character and soul, others may think otherwise, who actually cares?
    Main Rig

AMD Athlon X2 3800+ @ 2.8GHz (10x 280MHz) | ABit Kn9 NF4 | 4GB GSkill DDR2 - 800MHz | ATi Radeon HIS HD3870 | 530w Hiper Type M PSU

80GB Western Digital SATA300 Boot Drive | 500GB Western Digital SATA300 Storage Drive | 400GB Western Digital SATA300 Storage Drive | 400GB Seagate Barracuda UDMA IDE Storage Drive | 200GB Samsung Spinpoint UDMA IDE Storage Drive | 160GB Western Digital SATA300 Storage Drive

Windows Server 2008 x64 | Dual Screen: 20" TFT @ 1920x1080 | 19" TFT @ 1440x900

Media Streaming Rig/Spare PC

Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.8GHz | Generic Motherboard | 768mb Kingston DDR - 400MHz | ATi Radeon 9250SE | 350w AOpen PSU

20GB Western Digital IDE Drive

Windows XP Professional x86 w/SP3 | TV/Monitor @ 1920x1080

Entertainment Centre

40" Sony Bravia @ 1920x1080 | Sony Playstation 3 | Microsoft Xbox 360 (RED RING OF DEATH)

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by lkiller123 View Post
    Oh my god the second one looks so nice!
    It could have a better rear spoiler, though.
    This guys car is even better, but its an auto instead of the 5speed.

Quote Originally Posted by bromebe View Post
    91 Thunderbird SC
    19654 original miles
    3.8L Supercharged V6
    Apline sound system
    Magna Flow Exhaust
    Saleen Speedstar wheels Goodyear Eagle GT 245/45's

|-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

Xtreme Enthusiast
    LOL, I didn't choose any of the cars I have. They're just use cars I've gotten from family members for cheap. But at least the one I have now isn't a boring econobox with no soul what so ever.
    Yes, it is. Floaty suspension, dead-feel steering.
    But, as someone said, it's all subjective.

I am Xtreme

My DD... '06 Mercury Milan i4 5-speed. I love it, it rides great, it handles exceptionally well and is very tossable. SLA front and multi-link rear makes it very very fun, and sadly, it grips just as well as my project/summer car.. that's why the Ford Fusion is always touted as one of the best handling and most fun to drive family sedans out there.. see: opposite of Toyota Camry.

'95 GTI VR6 5-speed, TT 2.5" Catback w/Single Borla, Neuspeed Chip, K&N Drop In, 16" BBS RX226, Weitec CupKit and a killer audio setup (think- 1700w of amps).
    MSI H55-GD65 Motherboard
    Sapphire Radeon 5750 1GB

Xtreme Addict
    Best Handling family sedan? I've got a family sedan, wanna race? :-D

Seriously though, this was all really just about the commercial. I don't really care what anyone buys. Heck, you should have seen what people were saying in this other forum. We were talking about the almost made Sara Palin Chevy commercial. GM dropped the idea (its like, duh... current administration saves your asses then you're going to go support its loud mouthed self appointed rival?). Anyways, a lot of folks had some things to say. What did the Palin supporters say?

When confronted, one guy said "Who cares anyways, anyone who doesn't like Palin isn't going to buy an American car anyways. They buy Toyotas, Hondas, etc."

This guy, who claimed that he was a lawyer, stressing his lawyer, engineer, and MBA toting friends (uh huh) all agree with him. Yeah, except he didn't realize that the very un-American-ness he was accusing these alleged Palin hating Japanese Car buying traitors were actually mostly American car driving "Patriots." However, at the same time, you gotta laugh at the hypocrisy. Who is more un-American? The one who exercises his freedom to buy whatever he wants. Or the one who accuses those people of being un-American because they didn't like Palin and potentially bought evil foreign cars. I dunno, the latter sounded like the xenophobe.......

So I said, "This is America pal, people can buy whatever they want without your approval."

Anyways, I've gone off into a rant, I should probably stop. I still think this commercial makes Toyota buyers look like a buncha sheep (some folks are seriously just sheep). But its just a commercial. And it still makes me snicker when I see it (which I haven't in a while, thank god).
    Regards, Stew.....

- This message brought to you by Frank Lee E. Snutz

Xtreme Cruncher
    Who wants the "boring" econobox? The poor people who can't pay for gas? Would have loved a muscle car, but I would have had to get a "project car" that wouldn't run from day one.
    Most young males would not want a hybrid, but i don't think it's too much of a stretch to imagine young hipsters wanting a hybrid to go "green"
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast