Thread: Need opinions and insight

Hybrid View

Need opinions and insight

Just ordered a bunch of new parts. Well I pretty much ordered all the internals for my Obsidian 800D.

i7-950
    X58 ud5
    6gb corsair dominator 2000mhz
    2x evga 460 1gb

I already have a swiftech dual 120mm rad, apogee xt, and a mcp 350. I plan on getting a second pump, EKblocks motherboard block, and EK 460 full coverage blocks and a triple 120mm rad for the top of the obsidian. So I figured I was gonna have 2 seperate loops, with cpu and mobo on the dual 120mm rad and the two video cards on a triple 120mm rad.

The triple rad will be mounted at top of case with 6 fans, and I want to cut another hole in the bottom of the case and remove my bottom drive bay to mount my double rad with 4 fans.

Does this sound like the best way to have everything I want on water? Or should I do single loop with dual pump with a layout like pumps - tripleRad - cpu - motherboard - doubleRad - videocards - back to pump

Thanks!

Xtreme Member
    single pump single loop
    PC hardware and PC video game reviews... look me up on facebook
    www.unyty.com/Video-Games
    http://www.youtube.com/user/1984ericfx

Any reason why single pump single loop? There's gonns be two rads, cpu block motherboard full coverage block, and two video card full coverage blocks. Wouldn't al this be to restrictive for a mcp350? Wouldnt seperating the heatloads into seperate loops be better?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iNF3rN0 View Post
    Any reason why single pump single loop? There's gonns be two rads, cpu block motherboard full coverage block, and two video card full coverage blocks. Wouldn't al this be to restrictive for a mcp350? Wouldnt seperating the heatloads into seperate loops be better?

mainly space concerns... I used to have a Stacker 810. It was a monster. I don't think I could fit all that in one case very easy and that case was HUGE

but even the mcp350 has really good head so it should not be an issue... but if you already have the pumps tie them in but try too keep it one loop...

Look at it this way. It is easier to cool one large heat load than 2 separate smaller loads
    PC hardware and PC video game reviews... look me up on facebook
    www.unyty.com/Video-Games
    http://www.youtube.com/user/1984ericfx

Hmmm, interesting. Then I guess ill stick with single loop. But I think I'm gonna get a second pump, run them togethar. Space isn't really an issue though, I don't plan on haveing more than 5 drives anyway. (4x2tb greens in hot swap bays, 60gb ssd hidden in back of case) so I'm still gonna fit a dual rad in the bottom of case. And as for the pumps/res, I was gonna use a dual pump, dual loop xspc double 5 1/4 bay res so pumps and res's are completely cleaned up.

Btw how much heat does a x58 board put out total between the chipsets and vrm's? 50w?