Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4GB Memory For Areca 1880 Series RAID Cards

Xtreme CCIE
    I'm finally about to have some downtime to try to re-evaluate my card / memory and see if I can spot differences between my systems and the one that the Mushkin failed on soon, but I will say straight off that that Kingston pack (KVR800D2D4P6/4G) is very unlikely to work.

I don't know if it's the power draw or the chip arrangement that's screwing 99% of the RAM that SHOULD be compatible out there, but this missed out in both respects.
    Dual CCIE (Route\Switch and Security) at your disposal. Have a Cisco-related or other network question? My PM box is always open.

Xtreme Network:
    - Cisco 3560X-24P PoE Switch
    - Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall
    - Cisco 4402 Wireless LAN Controller
    - Cisco 3502i Access Point

Quote Originally Posted by Computurd View Post
    wow must be important Mr. Jansa, your first post since '07! glad ya chimed in
    yea, first post to crash somebody's dreams about affordable memory. How mean it sounds Concerning memory support these cards seems to be very similar.

Wise afterwards, 1231ML IOP341. ARECA- "Since Intel IOP has the organization limitation, the memory chip must have x8 or higher organization and not four (quad) rank type. If the memory chip is x4 organization, it will not work on our controllers."
    KVR800D2D4P6/4G should be dual rank, x4 so even theoretically not match. Not speaking about real-life anomalies between components should work flawlessly

And yes, not sure about 1880- I/O Processor "RAID-on-Chip 800MHz", does it support dual rank, x4 dimm. When I receive SR-2 for my new build I may be tempted to grab ARC-1880-ix-16 because now I have memory
    But really, I do not belive its compatible with 1880 either. At least not before somebody is proving the opposite IRL.

RAIDer
    Bump?

Quote Originally Posted by Nizzen View Post
    Bump?
    18804g.jpg
    mushkinproline4g.jpg

Xtreme Guru
    and it works? for the 1880?

jsut think fellas...soon we will be looking for DDR3 for the 1882
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Jesus Saves, God Backs-Up
    *I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.*-[XC]Gomeler
    Don't believe Squish, his hardware does control him!

It does
    $95

Xtreme Guru
    amazing find! Great work!
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Jesus Saves, God Backs-Up
    *I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.*-[XC]Gomeler
    Don't believe Squish, his hardware does control him!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12