Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Question] Best Soundcard 2010

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by RAW-Raptor22 View Post
    Yep, mine has one. Audio over headphones sounds better through the AWE64 than it does directly plugged into my 2ZS, however the ZS sounds better when the headphones are connected through my Kenwood amp.

IIRC there were two audio out minijacks in addition to the RCA plugs, one minijack was amplified and one was a preout so you had options.

My AWE64 is still working great in my old K6 computer that I mess around with when I am bored or feel like playing some old school games...
    There are different versions of that card. I have to "De-Tune" my analog out on my Old School receiver while blasting it on the new one.

We both know wayyyyy the hell too many folks are spending tons of money and wasting their time with expensive little tiny tin can amps when a good old school receiver's headphone out would CRUSH many of them (many, not all). for almost one tenth the cost. Then add to that they are more flexible and able to match almost ANY listening tastes

I had one jerk who'd never tried it, try to downplay it as some kind of Placebo effect My Harmon Kardon can blow up a set of Sennheisser HD-600 LOL!

The only negative is some of the old school receivers will color and mess the Creative CMSS3D effects this wouldn't matter with cards like the Xonar because they do a crappy Job of it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie27 View Post
    There are different versions of that card. I have to "De-Tune" my analog out on my Old School receiver while blasting it on the new one.

We both know wayyyyy the hell too many folks are spending tons of money and wasting their time with expensive little tiny tin can amps when a good old school receiver's headphone out would CRUSH many of them (many, not all). for almost one tenth the cost. Then add to that they are more flexible and able to match almost ANY listening tastes

I had one jerk who'd never tried it, try to downplay it as some kind of Placebo effect My Harmon Kardon can blow up a set of Sennheisser HD-600 LOL!

The only negative is some of the old school receivers will color and mess the Creative CMSS3D effects this wouldn't matter with cards like the Xonar because they do a crappy Job of it anyway.
    Ha. Like when I was using my old 1973 Sanyo 2+2 Stereo amp and reciever, I think the damned thing still has tubes in it...

I liked the Sanyo because it was just straight powerful amplification, no extra Dolby Surround computer wrangling. I actually have use a code to turn that off on my late 90s Kenwood. With the Kenwood, I pass straight 4.1 (recoded from stereo using CMSS) to the receiver and it just amplifies...

I know my Kenwood and my Sanyo would blow up my HD465s no problemo, they would blow up my KLH 3 way stand ups no problem, haha.

The Sanyo is better at making loud noises, boomy bass, and powerful mids. The Kenwood is better at making a detailed high end and more sophisticated bass, though I have to fiddle the settings to make the mids sound good.
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

2,147,222 F@H Points - My F@H Statistics:
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...e=Conman%5F530

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by RAW-Raptor22 View Post
    Ha. Like when I was using my old 1973 Sanyo 2+2 Stereo amp and reciever, I think the damned thing still has tubes in it...

I liked the Sanyo because it was just straight powerful amplification, no extra Dolby Surround computer wrangling. I actually have use a code to turn that off on my late 90s Kenwood. With the Kenwood, I pass straight 4.1 (recoded from stereo using CMSS) to the receiver and it just amplifies...

I know my Kenwood and my Sanyo would blow up my HD465s no problemo, they would blow up my KLH 3 way stand ups no problem, haha.

The Sanyo is better at making loud noises, boomy bass, and powerful mids. The Kenwood is better at making a detailed high end and more sophisticated bass, though I have to fiddle the settings to make the mids sound good.
    Then your hearing is close to mine because those are my same observations of my old Sanyo with built in 8-Track. I'd thought it sucked until cassettes made it sound better. Then when I connected the first DAT (Digital Audio Tape) to it, I was blown away.

Speaking of Boomy bass, get your hands on one of those Magnavox Consoles

Anyway, the best sound card for cheap computer speakers might not be the best for a full blown systems. What great for games might suck for Music and what's great for Music could suck for Movies and so. I'd pick the sound card for the Job and I'd NEVER use a Xonar as a Gaming card=P Sorry Asus Fans, my none problematic X-Fi/s have spoiled me with GREAT sound effects during games. As well as ASIO, 24-96 and even 24-192

Last but not least, I still can't see paying that much for any card costing more than $125=P The card might have $40 in hardware on it. Less stuff than a $35 Motherboard on ANY and ALL of them=P Hell no, that goes for the Xonar STX, Creative HT-HD, Auzentech HDAV and the rest of the overpriced Crap! But as long as Schills, Fans and the Sheep who following them buy them, they'll never have a realistic price
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Guru
    Forte wins!!

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123