Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: 6770 & 6750 Specs leaked

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by -Boris- View Post
    Wasn't his point that the level of tesselation in synthetic benches wouldn't be seen in real world games in 10 years? It was from a tesselation perspective he thought it would do 10 years.
    thx and correct.

People still play CS, its a game 10+ years, cards released then can still play that game.
    if you look at the market, today we can play games with a phone, that previously was high end computer.

wow still plays and its 5+ years old.
    software dont get so much better, a videocard as the 5850 still be good 5 years from now.
    tesselation wont have caught up then.

People belive in myths, and lack facts for their beliefs and decisons,
    any game produced the last 10 years havent fully utilized the computer enough, software is lagging behind, only game in years that has been though is crysis, one game.
    software is lagging a lot, when did dx11 become, or dx10.1?
    its been years and still we might see one or two games using those, a little.
    BF3, is supposedly a dx11 ground up, its being released 2011, likely summer time.
    Now, that game and let say 2 more might be dx11 the coming years, when is that in combination with tesselation be stretching a 5850 card enough?

Most play 1680x1050 or 1024x768 and some even use 1920x1080 which has become standard nowadays.
    so, a few years to upgrade screen, software to get enough functions for dx11 and tesselation etc...
    5 plus years development for a game engine etc...

Result is, a card today is pretty much what you will need for years to come.

I like new hardware, or else I wouldnt upgrade to the new series.
    4670k 4.6ghz 1.22v watercooled CPU/GPU - Asus Z87-A - 290 1155mhz/1250mhz - Kingston Hyper Blu 8gb -crucial 128gb ssd - EyeFunity 5040x1050 120hz - CM atcs840 - Corsair 750w -sennheiser hd600 headphones - Asus essence stx - G400 and steelseries 6v2 -windows 8 Pro 64bit Best OS used - - 9500p 3dmark11 (one of the 26% that isnt confused on xtreme forums)

Xtreme Mentor
    I understand your POV flopper, especially regarding DX 10 and DX11 stuffs but my good old TNT2 16MB can't handle Crysis.
    10 years for a card maybe, but not for a gamer

Xtreme Guru
    The longest time I've used same gfx card was when I bought a GF4 Ti 4200 64MB in 2001 and used it for 4 years until 2005 and the only game it wasn't able to run just before upgrading was BF2. I think 4 years is already unusually long lifespan for a gfx card.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivon View Post
    I understand your POV flopper, especially regarding DX 10 and DX11 stuffs but my good old TNT2 16MB can't handle Crysis.
    10 years for a card maybe, but not for a gamer
    I've got a TNT2 32mb.. might play farcry.. slowly.. haha

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    I've got a TNT2 32mb.. might play farcry.. slowly.. haha
    slow works

CPU is at a treshold now, we wont get much more in regards of cpu to gaming, as the game have to have a balance between the different aspects of information flow.

How much is software lagging in games?
    might be up to 4 or 5 years, as the development cycle and since they make them for console, due to piracy, we wont get new hardware to consoles until next generation xbox, so we speak say 5 years to next gen console?
    so, software until then will be made for todays hardware, with ease until then.

anything else would suprise me much.
    BF3 is made for pc with dx11 but they know it will sell a ton of copies or else they wouldnt have design it that way.
    people still buy bf2.
    4670k 4.6ghz 1.22v watercooled CPU/GPU - Asus Z87-A - 290 1155mhz/1250mhz - Kingston Hyper Blu 8gb -crucial 128gb ssd - EyeFunity 5040x1050 120hz - CM atcs840 - Corsair 750w -sennheiser hd600 headphones - Asus essence stx - G400 and steelseries 6v2 -windows 8 Pro 64bit Best OS used - - 9500p 3dmark11 (one of the 26% that isnt confused on xtreme forums)

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by flopper View Post
    slow works

CPU is at a treshold now, we wont get much more in regards of cpu to gaming, as the game have to have a balance between the different aspects of information flow.

How much is software lagging in games?
    might be up to 4 or 5 years, as the development cycle and since they make them for console, due to piracy, we wont get new hardware to consoles until next generation xbox, so we speak say 5 years to next gen console?
    so, software until then will be made for todays hardware, with ease until then.

anything else would suprise me much.
    BF3 is made for pc with dx11 but they know it will sell a ton of copies or else they wouldnt have design it that way.
    people still buy bf2.
    Depends on what type of gamer you are though. Those are older older games.

When they eventually make 3d gaming good or when they make eyefinity or surround vision more practical with thinner bezel monitors, your going to need top of the line to really get the most out of the newest games.

Additionally the bottleneck of gaming right now is consoles and when new consoles start coming out in 2012-2013, your going to see something way more powerful than a 5850 in them by then. If game makers continue what they have been doing, sacrificing computer performance for console performance, your going to have pretty crappy performance on that 5850.
    Core i7 920@ 4.66ghz(H2O)
    6gb OCZ platinum
    4870x2 + 4890 in Trifire
    2*640 WD Blacks
    750GB Seagate.

I am Xtreme
    The sad fact is the software only degrades in terms of coding quality. Since designing awesome looking games takes a lot of $$$ and resources these days, most games look like they were released 2-4 years ago. But the hardware market doesn't stand still, so there are more and more computing resources available and thus there's less need for optimisation of gfx engines. Sad, really.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    The sad fact is the software only degrades in terms of coding quality. Since designing awesome looking games takes a lot of $$$ and resources these days, most games look like they were released 2-4 years ago. But the hardware market doesn't stand still, so there are more and more computing resources available and thus there's less need for optimisation of gfx engines. Sad, really.
    by code quality im assuming you mean how few bugs.

but seriously you have to give them credit. games are quite complex software systems. they are almost a simulation of our own world with everything from AI, physics, graphics, etc and on top of that they have hundreds objects with various properties interacting with each other. it's not simple.

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chumbucket843 View Post
    by code quality im assuming you mean how few bugs.

but seriously you have to give them credit. games are quite complex software systems. they are almost a simulation of our own world with everything from AI, physics, graphics, etc and on top of that they have hundreds objects with various properties interacting with each other. it's not simple.
    code quality can mean performance

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    code quality can mean performance
    ask the guys from crytek, and how they're remodeling cryengine to be played by much less capable hardware, now those guys are finally spending more resources developing the code. Since the efficiency was really poor when compared to the hardware requirements. And there never was any improvement since cryengine2...

Lets hope that crysis 2 can break the stigma of poor coded game engines,

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456