Xtreme Mentor

Shamino about to quit EVGA ?

'was just chillin' on HWBot.org and seeing that :

http://twitter.com/hwbot/statuses/25216881541

What's the deal ?

Edit : on kingpincooling's forum

Shammy :

i am slacking like the bum i am
    Seems EVGA has lost his legendary masta ...
    Last edited by Olivon; 09-24-2010 at 01:43 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    oh snap! what happened?!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am an artist (EDM producer/DJ), pls check out mah stuff.

Xtreme Addict
    Damn, thei laid off our favourite OVERCLOCKING SCENE person. Let's riot against them!

Oh well, maybe there was someone with more knowledge to replace him, if so, good move EVGA.

Xtreme Addict
    wherever i am its not big deal, its just a job right, i think?
    Plus I'm not able to influence stuff as much as many people think so i dont think its much of any concern.
    just found this on k|ngp|n's forum, from the man himself
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am an artist (EDM producer/DJ), pls check out mah stuff.

maybe he will move to someware else and maybe we will see some votera amd other than the dfi thats way outdated now
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

I am Xtreme
    Is evga cutting back costs? I've noticed less bios updates in the motherboard area and it might be best for him to relocate now.

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS with 64GB of registered ECC ram.|Dell 30" LCD 3008wfp:7970 video card

LSI series raid controller
    SSDs: Crucial C300 256GB
    Standard drives: Seagate ST32000641AS & WD 1TB black
    OSes: Linux and Windows x64

Xtreme Addict
    Shamino turned to AMD hehe (i think about other thread)

would be nice see him on Gigabyte so he'd be able to test both platforms
    Vishera 8320@ 5ghz | Gigabyte UD3 | 8gb TridentX 2400 c10| Powercolor 6850 | Thermalight Silver Arrow (bench Super KAZE 3k) | Samsung 830 128gbx2 Raid 0| Fractal case

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Lot's of rumors in here and they are all wrong..
    You guys aren't being fair to Peter or EVGA by saying these things.
    Think before you write huh?

and..
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmatory View Post
    Damn, thei laid off our favourite OVERCLOCKING SCENE person. Let's riot against them!

Oh well, maybe there was someone with more knowledge to replace him, if so, good move EVGA.
    You ever read something that just made you mad?
    This was Peters decision from what I know and as to EVGA hiring someone with more knowledge than he I doubt there is such a person.
    Lot's of very talented people out there but they would tell you that he's the tops in his field.
    Sorry, I just hate to see people spread unfounded rumors especially when I know the truth is much different.
    Last edited by Movieman; 09-25-2010 at 03:18 AM.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Addict
    whatever his employer is shamino will always get the respect of the community ..
    WILL CUDDLE FOR FOOD

Quote Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
    Dual proc client systems are like sex in high school. Everyone talks about it but nobody is really doing it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Bright Side of News claims famed overclocker Shamino is no longer working for EVGA and that there are indications that he has joined another Taiwanese motherboard maker:
    Shamino was originally operating out of Taiwan and there are indications that he may move to another Taiwanese motherboard maker as he has done in the past. Previously, Shamino was working for Foxconn [surely not because of horrible working conditions?] and eventually helped them develop a high-end line of boards until he left the company for EVGA in 2008. So, he does have a history of moving around and he likely may have done it on his own without any provocation.

Although we don’t necessarily know the details regarding the departure of Shamino, we can tell you that he is an extremely creative guy that knows what features overclockers are looking for. In addition to that, his design recommendations and community support are what allowed EVGA’s high-end offerings[classified] to compete with the big boys like ASUS and Gigabyte who have been waging the overclocking wars against each other for the past few years.
    Source

He'll move to Sapphire, like his Taiwan colleagues did ?
    Since BFG is dead, ABIT is dead, EPOX is dead, what o/c dedicated company is there for him to go to?
    I trully hope EVGA keep their excellent job done until now, with their motherboards, that is.
    ...solving problems...
    ...creating complications...

Xtreme Addict
    I don't think Shamino will be out of job for long.

I am Xtreme
    Hope he comes to ASUS
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Addict
    Me too!

Hamster Powered
    What ever company gets him, it will be their lucky day.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Xtreme Mentor
    It would be interesting to see him go to ECS or MSI and bring them up to par with Asus, Gigabyte and EVGA. More selection in the MB field would be awesome for the community.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    Hope he comes to ASUS
    That would be a 100% Kick-Ass decision and an explendid time for users

BTW, hope EVGA still deliver those great products, I believe they have learned quite an infinite kind of things from him.

Best of the luck for in his new job, whatever it would be

Xtremely Bad Overclocker
    according to FUGGER's video lately he is going to start his "solo-career" soon

All the best sham on your further way!

...and byebye EVGA
    | '12 IvyBridge - "ticks different"... | AwardFabrik IvyBridge round I by SoF | AwardFabrik IvyBridge round II by angoholic & stummerwinter
    | '11 The SandyBridge madness... | AwardFabrik / Team LDK OC-Season 2011/2012 Opening Event
    | '10 Gulftown LaunchDay OC round up @ASUS RIIE | 3DM05 2x GPU WR LIVE @Cebit 2010 @ASUS MIIIE | SandyBridge arrived @ASUS P8P67

| '09 Foxconn Avenger | E8600 | Foxconn A79A-S | Phenom II 940 BE | LaunchDay Phenom II OC round up
    | '08 7.438s 1m LN2 | AMD 1m WR LN2 | 2nd AOCM | Phenom II teasing
    | '07 100% E2140 | 106.5% E2160 | 100% E4500 | 103% E4400 | 5508 MHZ E6850 | 7250 MHZ P4 641 126.5% by SoF and AwardFabrik Crew all on Gigabyte DS3P c? and LN2...
    | '06 3800+ X2 Manchester 0531TPEW noHS 3201MHZ c? | 3200+ Venice noHS 3279MHZ c? | Opteron 148 0536CABYE 3405MHZ c? all on Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI compressorcooled

| '05 3500+[NC], 3000+[W], 2x 3200+[W], 3500+[NC], 3200+[V] 0516GPDW

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    sof pulled a fermi on all of us !!!

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    Hope he comes to ASUS
    If he goes assus I hope it cleans house

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper_sung View Post
    I didn't edit my own story, but sources have indicated to me that Shamino has already left EVGA, isn't leaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    there are indications that he has joined another Taiwanese motherboard maker:

Shamino was working for Foxconn... until he left the company for EVGA in 2008. So, he does have a history of moving around
    so he worked for 2 mainboard makers and that gives him a history of "moving around"?

im a bit disappointed how everybody here is thinking about the implications to the hw industry and doesnt seem to care too much about him as a person... i know he wasnt happy at foxconn, and while he was doing better at evga i dont think he was happy there either... who cares what company he works for next? i hope he finds some job, something, somebody or some place that makes him happy...

Xtreme X.I.P
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post

so he worked for 2 mainboard makers and that gives him a history of "moving around"?

im a bit disappointed how everybody here is thinking about the implications to the hw industry and doesnt seem to care too much about him as a person... i know he wasnt happy at foxconn, and while he was doing better at evga i dont think he was happy there either... who cares what company he works for next? i hope he finds some job, something, somebody or some place that makes him happy...
    I heard that too , and also the name of the company
    ***** Visit us on PCWorld.fr *****

Xtreme Member
    It would not suprise me seeing him at ECS since they have just released a enthusiat board and prolly need an expert in that category.

Asus would be a bad choice. They are doing more than great. I likedthe fact that he made the companies he worked for climb to the top of the "enthusiasts choice" list.

Good luck!
    Last edited by BuBBle.D; 09-28-2010 at 04:30 AM.
    |ASUS Sabertooth Z77|Intel Core I7-2700K|32GB G.Skill TridentX F3-2400C10Q-32GTX|Corsair AX1200W|
    |ASUS GTX TITAN + Zotac GTX680 for PhysX|Samsung S27A950D|Corsair Obsidian 800D|Corsair Hydro Series H100|

|ASUS Crosshair IV Formula|AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE|16GB G.Skill RipjawsX F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH|
    |2X AMD Radeon HD6970 Crossfire|TT Kandalf - MOD|Corsair HX1000W|Corsair Hydro Series H70|

Banned
    Msi ..?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Maybe Gigabyte with all of the GOOC's
    i7 3770k - p8z77-v pro - 4x4gb - gtx680 - vertex 4 256gb - ax750
    i5 3570k - z77-pro3 - 2x4gb - arc-1231ml - 12x2tb wdgp r6 - cx400
    heatware

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast