Thread: Blackops no where?

Exclamation Blackops no where?

Hey guys I've been looking for a blackops for months now & I cant seem to find one anywhere is there a way of me getting one directly through you guys at all?

Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    To be at one with cold you must embrace the cold.....

Xtreme Member
    Go to ebay.com (USA) and search for "foxconn blackops". There should be at least one seller at this moment with a relatively large stockpile of these boards. I believe this seller might ship worldwide.

Although demanding and somewhat annoying, Blackops is/was a fun adventure for me. I'm tempted to buy yet another one.

Cheers,
    XmX

Xtreme X.I.P.
    yeah it wasnt a good allrounder... but it could clock quads like no other... if the fsb wasnt holding them back...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanial View Post
    Hey guys I've been looking for a blackops for months now & I cant seem to find one anywhere is there a way of me getting one directly through you guys at all?

Regards
    http://www.amazon.com/Foxconn-BLACKO...600572&sr=8-15

CPU : AMD X2 5200+ @ 3Ghz
    Motherboard : EPOX EP-AF590 SLI2 with Thermalright HR-05 IFX SLI
    CPU Cooler : Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme with Noctua NF-P12
    Videocard : XFX 8600GT Fatal1ty Edition @ 700/1800Mhz
    DDR : Teem Xtreem PC-6400 2X1GB @ 4-4-4-8 / 500Mhz
    HDD : Sata II - 2 X Seagate 250GB ST3250410AS 16MB cach in RAID 0 ; IDE - Seagate 160GB, WD 80GB
    PSU : Chieftec 600 Watt, +12V Combined 48A - CTF-600-14CS
    CASE : Chieftec AEGIS CX-05B-B with 4 X Scythe SLIP STREAM SY1225SL12M controled by
    Scythe Kaze Master 5.25 @ 1000RPM; 3 X Noctua NF-B9 @ 1000RPM
    Monitor : HP L1740
    speacker : Logitech X-230

Love will tear us apart
    Yep 80 bucks at Amazon and some dude on eBay has 45 available but he's asking way too much (even if they weren't at Amazon for $80...).
    Dark Star IV
    i5 3570K | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 8GB Samsung 30nm | GTX 670 FTW 4GB + XSPC Razer 680 | 128GB Samsung 830
    Apogee HD White | 140MM UT60/120MM UT45/120MM ST30 | XSPC D5 V2

Xtreme Member
    Two threads on this subject? I purchased one from Amazon last week and it arrived Saturday. Was in original packaging, included all accessories and appeared to be brand new, untouched. Extremely pleased with the purchase.

The underlying seller is computergeeks out of california. It's where I bought mine just a couple of weeks ago (straight from the geek and not thru amazon). They had plenty of them, I know because I called them since I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The one I received was all new and in original packaging. They (geeks) specialize in selling discontinued product. It was for a similar price as the one quoted in this thread. Considering it was over 300 bucks new, A price in the 80's range is a steal, even if you can't get it to overclock at all, ever and only run it in default. A brand new x-48 for 80 and change?? I'd take several at that price but I have a pending court case and my attorney ain't cheap.

Paul.

Love the board BTW. It's a beasty...
    Last edited by pchanson; 09-28-2010 at 01:43 PM.
    My rig: |Modified Antec Sonatta II case. | Coolermaster 750W PS. | Asus Sabertooth X58 MB | Core i7 990X 3.45ghz Gulftown (engineering sample) | Zallman 9700 running @ 32C idle. | 2 X Visiontek HD4870 512MB's X-fired W/Zallman VF1000 cooler on one, reference cooler on the other| 6gb Corsair ddr3 1600 trip channel @1600 | WD500Gb SATA II | Best O.C. so far 4.143 133 X 31 v-core = 3.28V on air (and I'm just getting started) |
    http://3dmark.com/3dmv/3971968

Wife's rig: | All black case, well vented, and unknown, but I like it. | Antec TP650 hybrid PS | Asus Maximus formula X-38 (My old MB). | QX6700 (engineering sample) running stock. An extreme and she won't let me clock it up!? Previously ran ran 3.207 ghz 24/7 | Zallman 9700 @ 36C idle | 2 X Sapphire HD5770 1gb's X-fired @ 2 X 16 PCIE 2.0. | 4gb Patriot ddr2 1066. | 2 very slow WD drives, 1 x 80gb and 1 x 250gb.

Xtreme Member
    Saaya, as you know, there are new (recently made) Gigabyte USB3P boards. These have -real kickass- P45 OC action for quads.

However, I bought a USB3P and I'm not exactly thrilled at this point. It's production bios (first revision) is naturally riddled with bugs. To those who complain about Foxconn bios updates, as far as I know "Gigabutt" doesn't even tell you where to find the half-decent F2D beta bios for USB3P. This bios hasn't been updated since February 2010. Also, there are some peculiar issues as well : the board sports LPT header but the bios doesn't give you L1/L2 cache disable. If you happen to use ancient LPT software which needs cache disable, forget it. Seriously, what's the point of LPT support without considering support for ancient software of the day? Naturally, if you happen to like playing ancient DOS games natively and said games refuse to run with cache active, you can forget this as well.

But back to Blackops : Mad propz to you and the BO team**. I am fond of BO's character, the latest BO beta bioses***, its dual ethernet, and that lovely bios boot hex readout <3 <3 <3.

I bought three BO for myself back when prices were falling in late 2008. I bought two others as gifts for others. One BO (new) was put in storage.. unopened for 18-20 months. When I checked it out this year, it proved to be stale, dead... and it's still dead.... but I'm still tempted to gamble and buy another one. Does Foxconn still allow RMA on these, after all this time?

XmX
    --

**For me, BO would have been perfect with some native LPT skillz since I interface with some ancient hardware. USB and/or PCI card solutions are not always up to the task.

***A pity that one fellow with the very-tricked out, yet buggy, BO setup didn't stick around long enough to receive the latest BO beta bioses.
    Last edited by XmikeX; 09-28-2010 at 08:14 PM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    hah, thanks but i barely did anything on BO, it was already done when i arrived at foxconn... all props go to shamino and the rest of the QF team...
    the basic idea behind the all in one cooling array was partially from me, but also mostly done from shamino... BR is really what i was involved in, and the inferno katana, although it was cut down A LOT from what i originally suggested...

about rmas, no idea... ask lord trident...
    i think they still have a bit of rma stock here or there

about the l1 and l2 cache options... is there no software way to work around that?
    is it the presence of cache to begin with or the effect on perf?
    have you tried throttling your cpu down by loading it with something else?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    about rmas, no idea... ask lord trident...
    i think they still have a bit of rma stock here or there

about the l1 and l2 cache options... is there no software way to work around that?
    is it the presence of cache to begin with or the effect on perf?
    have you tried throttling your cpu down by loading it with something else?
    1) i thought lord trident left these forums?

2) No idea on software solutions ...yet. As a matter of course, if issues arise with cache and ancient "dos" software, the L2 unified cache is usually to blame.... For example, Civilization I / DOS is famous for crashing out with ?DIVISION BY ZERO error.. when it encounters active L2. If anyone remembers the Commodore Amiga architecture, similar cache issues were evident on transition from 68000 to 68040, etc.

3) You wrote "have you tried throttling your cpu down by loading it with something else?" ... Sure, doesn't everyone keeps a :banana::banana::banana::banana:-link heavy with adobe flash for this purpose? However, I have no idea why you made that comment. If this is related to my third BO. This BO is dead and it never never worked from the box... code FF, permanent hang/endless reboot.. but we've been over this already ---> http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=256285 Tried with multiple PSUs already. Dead, apparently. Sadly, I don't have the eagle-eyes necessary to see if the LGA pins are in order.

Additionally, one of my 24/7 BO's might be (finally) going stale after much much abuse. I suppose I'm going to have to score a few BOs to keep the addiction going.

XmX

Hey thanks OgaiB but they don't ship to the UK

The person on ebay is asking way to much like WrigleyVillain said lol, saaya wouldn't you be able to get me a hold of one?

Also I got THIS with my q66 on & Asus blitz Extreme, as I'm hearing this is the best motherboard for quads will I be able to achieve more FSB with the BO?

Xtreme Member
    % Mister Sulu, initiate long-range scan.

-- Sir !, a Poverty-Class Starship, the HMS PennyPincher, has just warped into the system. --

% orly?

-- yarly --

% quit

XmX
    Last edited by XmikeX; 10-01-2010 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XmikeX View Post
    % Mister Sulu, initiate long-range scan.

-- Sir !, a Poverty-Class Starship, the HMS PennyPincher, has just warped into the system. --

% orly?

-- yarly --

% quit

XmX
    Everything ok where you are sir? not intoxicated are we..

I have a feeling in my water this means no please enlighten me lol.

Mine might be available in a couple of weeks once I get my UD7 rev2 and w3680 up and running. I don't know, I have really enjoyed mine; depends on how things go with the w3680 - if I can do 4.5 24/7, then I'll let it go.
    I7 3770K @ 5Ghz @ 1.288v 24/7 Liquid Pro
    Asus MVF 804
    EK Supremacy Plexi plate#3
    factory chipset waterblock
    custom water
    2x8GB G.Skill TridentX 2400c10
    Sapphire 7970 Toxic
    2x120GB Raid0 Sandisk Extreme SSD sata3
    3x2TB Seagate Barracuda XT sata3
    Antec HCP 1200
    Antec 1200
    Win7 x64 Ultra