Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: replacement Primochill T3 new revision T4

Admin
    Wow there's some trolling in this thread....sigh. Gonna clean the thread and give infractions where appropriate.

EDIT: cleaned. Didn't realize it was so bad until I took a closer look...DarthBeavis will be receiving a temporary ban for his posts in this thread.
    Last edited by Vapor; 10-30-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: edit

ok, had to work an extra day. no new pics but here it is when I first started playing with it.

you have to click a few times, but I haven't got a better way to show you pics.

www.usa-medic.com

click on "photo and .mac gallery" then "T4" album

When I get home Wednesday I'll try to get new photos up.

Xtreme Guru
    Thanks for sharing the photos.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime359 View Post
    Thanks for sharing the photos.
    Ditto....

- Strangely, I like the blue, would have gone nicely the Black and Blue theme of my PC, but I'm still happy with the black that I have.

I received the pre-production T4, nice looking and has top fill port....I understand they're trying to help customers that had problems with T3 by sending them pre-production T4 but since the T4 really hasn't gone through manufacturing validation; if there's a problem with it it will only make matters worse. Primochill is trying to make things right at least.

Xtreme Member
    Nice to know at least they have working prototypes now.
    Now, we just need to know how its durability after some time in operation

How long have you had it with running pump now?

Build quality is looking far superior to the old T3.

Don't quite like the blue, I always go for black myself.
    BTW, is there any chance the old faceplate from the T3 fit in these new ones?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by washu9 View Post
    Nice to know at least they have working prototypes now.
    Now, we just need to know how its durability after some time in operation

How long have you had it with running pump now?

Build quality is looking far superior to the old T3.

Don't quite like the blue, I always go for black myself.
    BTW, is there any chance the old faceplate from the T3 fit in these new ones?
    Mines been running pretty much 24 hours a day . . . . looks very solid to me . . Im not worried , even though i would like to get a new pump to run with it being my pump is about 4 years old

Being Tweaked
    ASUS Maximus V Forumla Bios 1408
    Intel Ivy Bridge 3770k UNLIDDED
    4.8 ghz EK Supreme HF Block 1.38v
    Dominator Platinum 2666MHz 11-13-13-35
    EVGA Titan eK bLOCK
    Corsiar AX850W
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB C:/ OS

Samsung 840 Pro 512GB D:/ Game:

Western Digital Black WD4001FAEX 4TB 7200 RPM 64MB E:/ Data
    Western Digital Black WD4001FAEX 4TB 7200 RPM 64MB F:/ Data
    X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
    Windows 7 PRO 64bit SP1

Xtreme Member
    Heya well my primochill T3 start to leak last week i sent a RMA URGENT ticket to Primochill no reply yet store closed ?

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ProStock View Post
    Heya well my primochill T3 start to leak last week i sent a RMA URGENT ticket to Primochill no reply yet store closed ?
    Honestly, I hate to tell you this, but it seems there have been some people still having issues with leaks on the T4.

Also, the store should be open, but I think there always was an issue with e-mail reponse from PC, if you can call call, but I would just cut your losses and throw away your T3. That is what I ended up doing.

There are other options out there from Koolance and Danger Den will have theirs out shortly. Those both seem to be of better quality. I know that option sucks, but it bets waiting for a replacement T4 only to have it leak on you too.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Member
    I've had no problems at all with my T4 and think its great. With my units run, they semm to have stopped shipping with metal port plugs and have started using their Ghost LED plugs (not their dreadfull Ghost Compression fittings). Its a nice way to add light to the unit. They have also added a bottom drain port as well. A nice little extra is a cute little G 1/4 fill funnel with an o-ring to make sure every drop goes in. The mounting brackets are very unique. Its a sliding rail setup. You screw the res into the bay like you would, anything else. But if you unscrew the front screws, then you and pull the res out like a drawer, and fill from the top. Just need an extra inch or two of tubing. But if you have a drain tube hooked up, then you wont be able to do this unless you have a couple of open bays below the res. The only way I can see using the rail to allow draining for most will be to turn the rig upside down, slide the res out, remove the plug and then attach a draing tube. Turn the rig rightside up and do the rocking game. A little extra work, but it would get the job done. The one place where they may have cuts some costs from the previous preproduction T4's is on the screw down thing for the pump. Now this is a guess on my part, but in the original pics of the first run or two of them it looks like the screw down is made of delrin. Again, I could be wrong on that as its hard to tell from the few pics that did pop up a few months back. The one I recieved is just cheap injection molded plastic. It gets the job done just fine, but something about that part seems a bit flimsy. Just dont over tighten it, and all should be good.

In all honesty, I think its a great unit if they can get the price down to original T3 prices. Its a good, stable workhorse of a res that should last a long time. But having said that, I point out the price point because the DD and Koolance models are WAY better looking. Hands down, and no contest. This is far more subtle in the bling department. If the Koolance and DD models are only an extra $20-$40 more with extras/options then it will be worth it for the looks. For those who havent seen it yet (and pics and vids still cant be shown I dont think), it is not ugly at all. Its just very plain looking when compared to the DD or Koolance models. Still looks lightyears better than the XSPC D5 dual bay res.

millertime, I really cant imagine this thing leaking. Its built really well, and I've yet to have any threading problems with any fitting I've tried. If youve read that there are leak issues, then its got to be a really early prototype/preproduction unit or user error. And the user would really have to work at screwing it up (like cross threading with a ratchet or using the wrong type of fitting). About the only thing I can think of that the user may overlook is to check the o-ring for the D5 and to make sure its area is clean and the ring is seated in its recesed holder before you stick the pump on. I say that could be a user problem because they are not shipping with instructions at the momment. You pretty much have to figure it out on your own. But its a really simple res (as most are), so its pretty obvious.

ProStock, dont just give up on your res and toss it out. Yes, they are a bit slow to answer emails. Infact, it took about a week and a half to respond to my ticket and that was a couple of months back. You have a warranty and they seem to be trying to honor those customers with bad T3's with either replacement T4's or (last I heard) the option of a refund. You will have to send pics of the bad res to them so tossing it out will kill your chance of a replacement or refund. There is still no clue as to when this thing will be released and if you need a new res and it could take a couple of months to get you fixed up. So if you really need a replacement D5 dual bay res, then bite the bulllet and get an XSPC or Koolance model then ask for a refund on your T3. But if you can hold out, you'll get your original $69 worth out of the T4. Or wait a few more days and order up a new DD model witch looks to have a real chance at being top dog.
    At Xtremesystems.org we don't help you save money on your cooling gear, instead we try to make you feel better about the insane ammount you've spent.

Xtreme Mentor
    Hey Captain, I received two last week for me and a friend and they do leak. As I stated in another thread and told Brian, the groove that the o-ring goes into around the pump was cut too deep and will not seal. I did solve it by putting the original thinner o-ring in there first then the second thicker o-ring on top of that. The back ports are tapped slightly at an angle preventing the o-ring from completely sealing causing a slow leak. My third issue is with the top and bottom port, only the ghost fitting will fit in there, not even my Koolance VL2 QD male will fit in there, which means you have to use their fittings. I even tried and extender and it will not fit in the grooved area. I was real excited when I first got them, but then my friend told me about his leaking and then I tried mine out and got the same results. I imagine it's a bad run, but I would have thought they would have tested them before shipping them out. If they had, this would have not happened. I really like the construction and the design, but it doesn't matter how good it looks or how flexible it is if it leaks. I already sent an email to Brian, so hopefully he can get it fixed. At the right price it can be an alternative to both Koolance and DD, although they are in a different class from cosmetics and functionality departments.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Mentor
    So I already heard back from Brian about the issues. He has addressed them and is sending new backs to resolve the problems. I will update everyone as soon as I get them. For anyone trying to get theirs replaced, just open a ticket and be patient, remember what time of the year it is and how busy everyone is. Primochill and Brian have been answering my emails in a timely matter for the time of the year. Again, just be patient.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Member
    Yep i recived a email from Brian yesterday he's gona proccess the RMA great news

Xtreme Member
    Wipe
    Last edited by ProStock; 01-24-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678