# Video System: Not Applicable
    # Channels: 8
    # Output Power: 8 x 1 kW RMS, 1 kW RMS
    # Sound System: Not Applicable
    # Dimensions: 7.10" Height x 19" Width x 19.30" Depth
    # Weight (Approximate): 48.50 lb

ONLY $299
    Its not a receiver just AMP
    You'll need a preamp to go along with that. A decent-quality 5+ch pre would run a pretty penny. I personally would never buy Pyle or store-brands, since you never know what you're really getting. With smaller speakers, a $300-500 AVR should work fine (in general, Pioneer > Onkyo > Yamaha > Sony > Samsung).

Two things, though: home theaters aren't for music and home theater equipment isn't for music, either. Even so, both will massacre computer speakers.

If you're looking for just music on the cheaper side (especially in smaller rooms), a pair of powered monitors (perhaps http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16836127004), a subwoofer, and an SPL meter (to calibrate the subwoofer).

My personal favorite setup would be an 80's or very early 90's pre & amp, a pair of full-range loudspeakers, and decent headphones. I've got a little Sherwood AI-1110 (2x40W@8ohm or so), a pair of Polk Monitor 5 (Series 2), and Sennheiser HD-555's. The Senn's need to be upgraded and I'm eying a Little Dot DAC_II (which also has a little headphone amp).
    Last edited by Bobsama; 09-30-2010 at 05:35 AM.

My toys:
    Asus Sabertooth X58 | Core i7-950 (D0) | CM Hyper 212+ | G.Skill Sniper LV 12GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | GeForce GTX 670-2048MB | OCZ Agility 4 512GB, WD Raptor 150GB x 3 (RAID0), WD Black 1TB x 2 (RAID0) | XFX 650W CAH9 | Lian-Li PC-9F | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | Core i7-920 (D0) | Stock HSF | G.Skill Sniper LV 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512MB | WD Caviar 80GB IDE, 4TB x 2 (RAID5) | Corsair TX750 | XClio 188AF | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Dell Dimension 8400 | Pentium 4 530 HT (E0) | Stock HSF | 1.5GB DDR2-400 CL3 | GeForce 8800 GT 256MB | WD Caviar 160GB SATA | Stock PSU | (Broken) Stock Case | Win Vista HP x86
    Little Dot DAC_I | Little Dot MK IV | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium (600 Ω) | TEAC AG-H300 MkIII | Polk Audio Monitor 5 Series 2's

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsama View Post
    You'll need a preamp to go along with that. A decent-quality 5+ch pre would run a pretty penny. I personally would never buy Pyle or store-brands, since you never know what you're really getting. With smaller speakers, a $300-500 AVR should work fine (in general, Pioneer > Onkyo > Yamaha > Sony > Samsung).

Two things, though: home theaters aren't for music and home theater equipment isn't for music, either. Even so, both will massacre computer speakers.

If you're looking for just music on the cheaper side (especially in smaller rooms), a pair of powered monitors (perhaps http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16836127004), a subwoofer, and an SPL meter (to calibrate the subwoofer).

My personal favorite setup would be an 80's or very early 90's pre & amp, a pair of full-range loudspeakers, and decent headphones. I've got a little Sherwood AI-1110 (2x40W@8ohm or so), a pair of Polk Monitor 5 (Series 2), and Sennheiser HD-555's. The Senn's need to be upgraded and I'm eying a Little Dot DAC_II (which also has a little headphone amp).
    I don't think you need a Pre-Amp with that unless you're using one of the digital Formats. You can do Direct Analog Connect to it. Pyle has been hit and miss for me with too many misses.

As for Sennheisser, I'd say 595's or better anything less is easy to find better for my ears. I'd take DT-770's over anything Sennheisser short of the HD600's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther_Seraphi View Post
    Xonar HDAV 1.3 is what you want

HDMI passthrough for 7.1 DTS-HD at max sound resoloution

Using the onboard amps to drive a reciever is a waste of time

the comparison of using optical and normal phono on my denon s101 is night and day
    The HDAV1.3 is a horrible card to purchase these days. Back when bistreaming wasn't available on soundcards it was an ok purchase. If you are using HDMI it offers NOTHING over a videocard like a GTX460.

Quote Originally Posted by Mescalamba View Post
    You like music? Auzentech Bravura then.. or maybe HTHD, but if its just for regular repro or headphones, I would go with Bravura. Every OPAMP upgradable. Works fine with WASAPI. And you have very decent built-in headphone AMP. Upgradable ofc.

If you for some reason want HDMI output, then HTHD from Auzentech.

Bravura is better than Forte, but Forte was never designed as "whole" soundcard, but as low-profile one for HTPCs. Which worked fine, just sound lacked a bit..

If you want to use Logitech 5.1 and Audio Technica headphones, its perfect choice..
    The Bravura is not a better card than the Forte. Besides the replaceable opamps it is nearly identical in hardware, except for the much cheaper audio processor. Changing opamps does not increase sound quality. It just changes the colouring of the sound.

And like I said in the other thread the HTHD is another bad choice.

Xtreme Addict
    Yea yea, sure. Its not better than Forte, it just sounds better.

And HTHD ofc isnt good choice either, cause it sounds great..
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

I am Xtreme
    Yea yea, sure. Its not better than Forte, it just sounds better.

And HTHD ofc isnt good choice either, cause it sounds great..
    I'd like to know how it sounds better when it uses the exact same DAC's and a significantly more poor sound processor.

The HTHD is even more poor. Its front DAC's are more poor than both the Bravura and the Forte. It has no market anymore. It would have been a great card if it didn't take 2 years to reach the market. After videocards could already bitstream, and with less hassle at that.

Xtreme Addict
    To put it simple. I owned Forte, I own Bravura. I know what sounds better and what doesnt. Cause I have ears and heard them. Also had Xonar ST. If someone like sound-like-tin-can, go ahead and buy it. I dont.

I really dont care what specs said, cause its pretty much as dSLR market, what does matter is output, not paper specs. And thats better on Bravura, end of story.

On HTHD I can just use reviews and specs, so not sure if its good or bad, but if it works and sound same or better than Bravura, it must be great soundcard.

HDMI output from graphic cards is if my memory servers well, handled by Realtek, which can be famous only for creating "chips for almost everything, that fails at everything". Sound from Realtek sux, always.
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

I am Xtreme
    To put it simple. I owned Forte, I own Bravura. I know what sounds better and what doesnt. Cause I have ears and heard them. Also had Xonar ST. If someone like sound-like-tin-can, go ahead and buy it. I dont.

I really dont care what specs said, cause its pretty much as dSLR market, what does matter is output, not paper specs. And thats better on Bravura, end of story.

On HTHD I can just use reviews and specs, so not sure if its good or bad, but if it works and sound same or better than Bravura, it must be great soundcard.

HDMI output from graphic cards is if my memory servers well, handled by Realtek, which can be famous only for creating "chips for almost everything, that fails at everything". Sound from Realtek sux, always.
    Digital audio is bit perfect no matter on the source. So the HDMI audio on a GTX460 will sound exactly the same as HDMI audio on the HTHD.

And there is no way I would ever choose a Bravura over a Xonar ST. If you do not care about EAX it is the best headphone card available by a long shot.

Xtremely Hot Sauce
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie27 View Post
    I don't think you need a Pre-Amp with that unless you're using one of the digital Formats. You can do Direct Analog Connect to it. Pyle has been hit and miss for me with too many misses.

As for Sennheisser, I'd say 595's or better anything less is easy to find better for my ears. I'd take DT-770's over anything Sennheisser short of the HD600's.
    You almost always need a preamp or other processor. If you don't have one or use one, you're very liable to start blowing up. That Pyle is heavily overrated (which is why I said to look into AVR's).

My toys:
    Asus Sabertooth X58 | Core i7-950 (D0) | CM Hyper 212+ | G.Skill Sniper LV 12GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | GeForce GTX 670-2048MB | OCZ Agility 4 512GB, WD Raptor 150GB x 3 (RAID0), WD Black 1TB x 2 (RAID0) | XFX 650W CAH9 | Lian-Li PC-9F | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | Core i7-920 (D0) | Stock HSF | G.Skill Sniper LV 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512MB | WD Caviar 80GB IDE, 4TB x 2 (RAID5) | Corsair TX750 | XClio 188AF | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Dell Dimension 8400 | Pentium 4 530 HT (E0) | Stock HSF | 1.5GB DDR2-400 CL3 | GeForce 8800 GT 256MB | WD Caviar 160GB SATA | Stock PSU | (Broken) Stock Case | Win Vista HP x86
    Little Dot DAC_I | Little Dot MK IV | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium (600 Ω) | TEAC AG-H300 MkIII | Polk Audio Monitor 5 Series 2's

Xtreme Member
    Alright well I would like to keep the forte, but it just keeps having issues. For example, occasionally during games all sound will stop and there will be a terrible high pitched continuous wining noise until i restart the computer. It also fuzzes out to practically indistinguishable noises and sometimes just fuzzes out minor amounts at a time and then goes away. Typically i have to restart the machine to fix this. Perhaps I should RMA the card and see if that's a fix?
    Cosmos S
    Core i7 920 3.9GHz
    6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600
    EVGA GTX 285
    X-fi Forte
    WD VR 300GB
    EVGA x58 MB

LC Loop
    Swiftech GTZ
    Swiftech MCR-320 Radiator
    Swiftech MCP655
    EK Multi option reservoir
    Feser 1/2" ID tubing (AWESOME)

Xtreme Addict
    RMA is adviced, but it can be just interference from something in your PC.. Which means, even RMAed it would do same.. Though, its worth trying.
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsama View Post
    You almost always need a preamp or other processor. If you don't have one or use one, you're very liable to start blowing up. That Pyle is heavily overrated (which is why I said to look into AVR's).
    Up stairs in my computer room:].X-Fi Platinum and Audigy 2ZS
    I use both a Pre-amp and AMP. First I use the Pre-AMP section decoupled from is AMP on my Harmon Kardon 247 and connected it straight to the Older Harmon Kardon 730. The older AMP had more punch that the newer stuff. Once you go old school the newer stuff that doesn't cost a at least 1K doesn't cut it anymore. I also use a Digital connection to compare Certain movies and games. Digital is limited to DTS and DDL, analog kills both formats on my system. The Receivers down support the latest HDMI so nothing is connected to my GTX-460.

Downstairs in my Den;X-Fi Prelude .
    Analog Direct and Digital connection. Here I get to compare the Computers' (two computer connected to these receivers) Digital and Analog as compare to a LG 370 Blue Ray Player. I'm using PowerDVD 10 for Blue Ray software on the computer and can test HDMI from my GT-240. With only a Pioneer 819 and JVC Old School class H amp monster and wayyyyy over the top speakers, I can hear everything and too many folks have underestimated my rigs! I used Rightmark to make sure there wasn't any down sampling. No Lip-Syncing issues as well.

When either of these are ran Analog Direct neither has any problem shaking the rooms they're set up in. Considering Creative based cards aren't the loudest out there makes that even better (no Pre Amp). Most amps have High and Low Gain controls and I've never had to use any High Gain setting.

I have zero problems with Amps with no Pre-Amp. I know someone with a Similar Pyle AMP but it is a strictly stereo version. It doesn't sound bad at all. I saw and heard of others just up and dying for seemingly no reason. That's why I said hit and miss. Pyle didn't sound bad but they like most other companies lie about their real power (wattage) and aren't the most reliable out there.
    Last edited by Donnie27; 10-11-2010 at 06:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12