Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coming from watercooling to air ! Help a member out guys :)

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedubber View Post
    BEST cooling for my cpu

NH-D14 with three High Speed Slipstreams (or whatever high speed San Ace/Panaflo 120x25s)
    or
    Silver Arrow with three High Speed Ultra Kazes (or whatever high/extreme speed San Ace/Panaflo 120x38s)

Thermal Paste, use IC Diamond.

Gee, how easy is that. Best cooling doesn't mean best bang/buck, best looking; best cooling means best cooling.
    Last edited by lkiller123; 09-21-2010 at 08:35 PM.
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme Member
    well said
    Rig 1 Asus ROG Strix B550-F WiFi, R7 5800x, 64GB Vengeance LPX 4*16GB, Zotac GTX 1070Ti, X-Fi Titanium, Enermax Revolution D.F. 850w, SSDs 768GB, HDD 3TB, CM 912HAF, NH D-15 Black.cr
    Rig 2 Asus Maximus VI Hero, i7 4770K@4000, 32GB Ballistix VLP 4*8GB, Gigabyte GTX 970, eVGA G3 850, SSD 512GB, HDD 2TB, TT Element-T, NH D-14.

Ikiller123 - well my top choices as of now are the Silver Arrow , Prolimatech Megahalem Rev B , Megashadow , or maybe even the Tuniq Tower EXTREME. I will prob skip on the Noctua as it seems to be the biggest one out there but it all depends if i can fit memory on my MB.. If i can get away with the Noctua not interfering with my mem then i will pick it up. Most of the heatsinks did pretty well on the reviews, and knowing that i have an open case design airlfow and temps are working on my side for me .. I perfer to stick with my Mx3 paste , and as far as fans go my GTs def do well enough, they put out the rated CFM they are at a nice low decible level. Anything other then these i would go for some DELTAS , haha now thats XTREME CFM.
    HEATWARE
    x58-UD5 ▀▄ i7 950 4.0Ghz ▀▄ ZOTAC GTX 580 ▀▄ Mushkins 1600Mhz

Xtreme Member
    I went for the vx and im glad i did. It looks the and the mounting system is simple and works really well. Plus its pretty thin and poses no interference problems with the ram. 10/10 in my books

Xtreme Member
    Megahalems rev2, Noctua NH-D14 or Thermalright Venomous-X from me...

24/7 Rig: AMD Athlon II 450 - MSI 760GM E51- 8GB 1600MHz Gskill RipjawsX- Nvidia GTX260 - OCZ Vertex2 60GB - Seagate 640GB - Antec Quattro 1200W - Samsung T220
    Bench Rig: Intel Core i7 3770K - Asus Maximus IV Extreme - 4GB 2000MHz Corsair Dominator GT - 2x Nvidia GTX260 - Intel Postville 40GB - WD VelociRaptor 36GB - Antec Quattro 1200W

So far this seems to be the winner in my books Megahalems rev2 , due to its performance, looks, and size .. Hopefully i can start my build shortly , just waiting on a few things to clear up.
    HEATWARE

with the higher speed fans the (silver)arrow is the current king, if you plan on sticking with the mid-range GTs you already have you may see better results with the NH-D14 though.

Xtreme 3D Team
    If you look at it close enough you will notice that the Cogage Arrow and Silver Arrow are the same except that the Silver Arrow has some pretty heatpipe caps.

As for guys making bold statements saying the NH-D14 or XXX cooler is THE BEST, well I'm sorry to say you are wrong.

Something as simple as a mount, or badly mixed and/or applied thermal paste is enough to make a 1c difference, not to mention that most reviewers don't even make sure that ambients are the same for all tests. Not just that, but software is (inaccurate!) and there are just too many variables and too close results to say one cooler is the absolute best.

I've seen reviews stating that the Cogage Arrow can beat the NH-D14 by 1-2c at same fan speed. Then you go somewhere else and the NH-D14 is beating the Cogage Arrow by 2c. It's just not accurate.

The Venomous X would be the cooler I'd buy, as performance isn't much lower than the NH-D14/Arrow's and I prefer that look over the two separate heatpipe towers. (Not to mention that noctua's fans are ugly IMO.)

The Megahalems is definately a little behind the Venomous X in performance, but better than the TRUE. It's a good cooler.
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 09-22-2010 at 02:12 PM.
    Smile

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    If you look at it close enough you will notice that the Cogage Arrow and Silver Arrow are the same except that the Silver Arrow has some pretty heatpipe caps.

As for guys making bold statements saying the NH-D14 or XXX cooler is THE BEST, well I'm sorry to say you are wrong.

Something as simple as a mount, or badly mixed and/or applied thermal paste is enough to make a 1c difference, not to mention that most reviewers don't even make sure that ambients are the same for all tests. Not just that, but software is (inaccurate!) and there are just too many variables and too close results to say one cooler is the absolute best.

I've seen reviews stating that the Cogage Arrow can beat the NH-D14 by 1-2c at same fan speed. Then you go somewhere else and the NH-D14 is beating the Cogage Arrow by 2c. It's just not accurate.

The Venomous X would be the cooler I'd buy, as performance isn't much lower than the NH-D14/Arrow's and I prefer that look over the two separate heatpipe towers. (Not to mention that noctua's fans are ugly IMO.)

The Megahalems is definately a little behind the Venomous X in performance, but better than the TRUE. It's a good cooler.
    If you get the opportunity, Beep, I'd like to see you do a side by side comparison of the Cogage Arrow vs the NH-D14. I'm interested to see how it turns out.
    ==========================================
    XClio 1000, Gigabye GA-MA790XT-UD4P
    AMD Phenom II 955BE @3.2 GHz, Noctua NH-D14
    CORSAIR 950TX 950W, 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600
    Sapphire 4850x2 CFX
    Win7 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by stangracin3 View Post
    and the more i type the more BS comes out of my keyboard. LOL

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by aythrea View Post
    If you get the opportunity, Beep, I'd like to see you do a side by side comparison of the Cogage Arrow vs the NH-D14. I'm interested to see how it turns out.
    Will I get paid?

Nobody wants to see them on an AMD CPU, because apparently to most people intel is where its at and AMD can #$&^ itself.

I'd love to, but I have no use for them. I suppose I'd buy them, use them, then sell them.
    Smile

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedubber View Post
    Ikiller123 - well my top choices as of now are the Silver Arrow , Prolimatech Megahalem Rev B , Megashadow , or maybe even the Tuniq Tower EXTREME.
    Silver Arrow will probably offer the highest performance out of the batch..

Megahalem and the Megashadow are basically the same thing, and as Beep said, they ARE a bit inferior in terms of performance when it goes against the Venomous X.

As I said, if you want the most Xtreme performance, get the Arrow. You can mount 38mm fans in the middle, and IMO that is the tiebreaker between that and the D14.
    Team XS: xs4s.org

cool , i will probable place my order next week sometime and then ill post up some benches in a new thread as well :P
    HEATWARE

Xtreme Member
    Did someone say a review is needed:

http://lab501.ro/racire/thermalright...alia-titanilor

http://lab501.ro/racire/arhitectura-...ire-si-miracol

If you can't fit the Noctua you might want to look at the Venomous X. If you want something silent or even fanless HR-02 is definitely something worth a second look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
    Just cause you pour syrup over crap dont make it pancakes

did I see a picture of the TRUE Cu? hehe, if only it wasn't so danmed heavy.

Xtreme Member
    The nd-14 seems more appealing considering you can fit a fan inbetween the Finds of the hsf and two 120mm/140mm on the outer fins. [FAN]fins[FAN]fins[FAN] . but i'm going with the ven-x for my 775 board hopefully my ram slots don't move but if it does i wouldn't care (YAY for 4gbs) your megashadow won't cause any problems for you forsure enough to go tri-channel and stick a fan cooler. best of luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12