Thread: PCMark Vantage and PCMark 05 world records

Threaded View

PIfection

PCMark Vantage and PCMark 05 world records

lately there has been some, 1 run 1 score type threads, let me tell you this is definatly not 1 run 1 score, and im not going to front, im not warming up either, im definatly warm, and im doing my best hah..

PLATFORM:
    Gigabyte X58A-UD3R w/ gulfy 980X
    MSI Lightning 5870 GPU
    Corsair GTX2 rams
    Corsair FORCE sandforce SSDs
    Areca 1280ML raid controller
    ANS ACARD 9010
    Western Digital Velicoraptors sata3 600GB
    GTX280 for XP pcmark05

I have so much respect for guys like SteveRo, MikeGuava, CptPlanet and even my team mate Dino. This platform is extremely difficult to bench and to get any good score on it you really need to know you stuff, not only that, put in a big effort in learning the bench to maximize your performance.

Even when you get it right, these big raid0 arrays can let you down easily, so have your image and your ghost bootable usb handy!

NO TWEAKS here, if you want to try and pick apart my benches, please do it, nothing to hide in my benches

Taking a look at the platform,

The Gigabyte UD3R is a really nice little board. I picked this board because it is what I need for this bench, offering all the functionality of a UD9 (of course with not as many PCIE slots) and not a huge amount going on with the board. This is important when there is so much going on with the raid array and the rest of the setup.

The MSI Lightning 5870 is a considerable jump over all the stock 5870s I have tried, this GPU goes to 1040MHz Vantage stable on stock cooling and is happy to push way past 1400 MHz on LN2, an outstanding GPU.

Corsair GTX2 ram, this is the kit I rely on to pull out the big numbers. I am not even pushing it on this occasion, 1070 at 7-7-7 would be a breeze for future runs I do.

Areca 1280ML is a legendary raid controller, it is unpeered in all the benchmarks we play with, and has been for years. I have tried raid controllers from 3 other vendors and my scores can no touch this raid controller. If you want to win at pcmark, you need ARECA.

Corsair Force SSDs, wow these SSD have some power in them. Dino prove that a pcmark vantage score is possible with them, and we already know with the right configuration they kick ass at pcmark05 also

Of course I always use my WD Velicoraptor as my bench drive, it is fast, stable, 600GB lets me run many OS variations and it can handle higher PCIE than when I use SSD.

Oh just a few quick tips, pcmark vantage, make sure your benching drive has enough free space like 3GB+ or the bench might not run. PCMARK Vantage I run on server 2008 R2, you need to enable desktop experience this gives you windows mail and media player.. or bench wont run. I find for pcm05 that w7 64 is better because it gives a more consistent memory latency especially, or else it goes up and down a bit when pushing the rams... 4k stripe size on the pcmv and PUSH your pcie as hard as you can...

Here are of course the scores!

39k PCMark Vantage
    39k futuremark valid

144k HDD score

35K PCMARK05
    35k futuremark valid

29K PCM05 on XP - my score for ORB as it only allows XP

Now for some photos, this is the best part of this platform, the EPIC look!

full tilt

the lightning ready to go

my warm up rig with the new heatsink from zero infinity, more of this soon

Last edited by youngpro; 09-18-2010 at 04:02 AM.