Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiftech MCP 35X

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Anybody want a couple of D5 plus Koolance top and res's ............. wife's gonna kill me i mean really ..... i just bought em they haven't even arrived yet well at least the tops. But the m35x was made for exactly what I want. Save me the trouble of but fan/pump auto controller i can live with manual fc-2 for the fans and MB pwm for the pumps .

Soon as these are available I want. My MM sitting here waiting for parts.

Now to Do 2 triple quad loops , a dual top 6 quad rad loop or Double in series 6x quad rad loop ...

Seriously though , Gabe ? any ETA to retailers on these I'm willing to eat the return fee on my koolance gear .
    Last edited by MagisD; 09-16-2010 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Just because
    MagisD

6 Quad rads 1 case Maybe I went a little overboard....Overkill Cube

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by MagisD View Post
    Anybody want a couple of D5 plus Koolance top and res's ............. wife's gonna kill me i mean really ..... i just bought em they haven't even arrived yet well at least the tops. But the m35x was made for exactly what I want. Save me the trouble of but fan/pump auto controller i can live with manual fc-2 for the fans and MB pwm for the pumps .

Soon as these are available I want. My MM sitting here waiting for parts.

Now to Do 2 triple quad loops , a dual top 6 quad rad loop or Double in series 6x quad rad loop ...

Seriously though , Gabe ? any ETA to retailers on these I'm willing to eat the return fee on my koolance gear .
    I tell you what: call Michelle, and she'll get you one today!
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Addict
    Im in the same boat as i want to do 2 loops, one for the CPU,MB and 3 480GTX blocks using 2x DDC pumps and another loop going through 2x ThermolChill PA 120.3 and a HLabs 480GTX rad using a dual pump as well. Just put together my HUGE black Extension Ascension with Horizon MB tray today and just wanting to order pumps/tops and some fitting and its rock and roll time! Black and red theme all around.. cant wait to show it off heh.
    Running now, http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=693435

Intel 3960 @ 5Ghz
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    QuadFire 7970
    X-Fi Sound Card
    16GB G.Skill 2133Mhz DDR3 Quad Channel Ram 9,11,10 @ 1.65v.
    3 Acer 23" 3D Ready LCDs
    2x Ultra X4 1600 WATT P/S 's
    MM Extension Ascention UFO Case W/ Top of the line Water cooling. Dream build!

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by eclypse View Post
    Im in the same boat as i want to do 2 loops, one for the CPU,MB and 3 480GTX blocks using 2x DDC pumps and another loop going through 2x ThermolChill PA 120.3 and a HLabs 480GTX rad using a dual pump as well. Just put together my HUGE black Extension Ascension with Horizon MB tray today and just wanting to order pumps/tops and some fitting and its rock and roll time! Black and red theme all around.. cant wait to show it off heh.
    multi loops thread FYI
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Member
    I've seen the graphs on flow rate / pressure... my question is:

In terms of real-world performance, how does this all translate?

For a single loop (320 rad, CPU block, GPU block), how would measurable performance (idle/load temperatures) differ between this new pump and a D5 vario at 5 setting? If I had a D5 and could sell it for a reasonable price, would it be worth the switch?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I tell you what: call Michelle, and she'll get you one today!
    You just wana Show em off .. hehe i'm cool with that calling now.

I like Michelle she sounds nice ... can i Order 2 ;-) ?
    Last edited by MagisD; 09-16-2010 at 03:37 PM.
    MagisD

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by sn0man View Post

For a single loop (320 rad, CPU block, GPU block), how would measurable performance (idle/load temperatures) differ between this new pump and a D5 vario at 5 setting? If I had a D5 and could sell it for a reasonable price, would it be worth the switch?
    The impact will vary depending on the water-block that you use (You didn't specify).

please also read this, it will give you a good idea of the actual impact of flow rates on system performance.
    CEO Swiftech

Mr Swiftech
    You just wana Show em off .. hehe i'm cool with that calling now.

I like Michelle she sounds nice ... can i Order 2 ;-) ?
    she is the best told her to give you a little token of appreciation too, but you called before I could tell her that, so she didn't mention anything when you called.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Enthusiast

Smile

She got me to e-mail her so ya can still throw it in LOL .

But I like the breakdown you did on single vs dual loops and except for pump redundancy , I think Over killed the Rad vs head load in my machine hehehehe.

But thanks a Lot .. i'll end up putting em on the card the wife Doesn't know about and tell her I'm reviewing them ;
    MagisD

Xtreme Member
    The impact will vary depending on the water-block that you use (You didn't specify).

please also read this, it will give you a good idea of the actual impact of flow rates on system performance.
    MCR320 rad, EK Supreme HF, and DD GTX 480. The blocks themselves are pretty non-restrictive as far as other competing products go.

From the review you wrote/posted, it seems as though increased flow in non-restrictive blocks won't account for much of a change. How much benefit (if any) might someone be likely to see from the increased pressure moving from a D5 to the MCP35X then?

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    she is the best
    Indeed, she is

I recall having sent a thank you card to her a few years ago when she came back from one of her vacations... thanking her for coming back.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    From the review you wrote/posted, it seems as though increased flow in non-restrictive blocks won't account for much of a change. How much benefit (if any) might someone be likely to see from the increased pressure moving from a D5 to the MCP35X then?
    For me Its the Insane amount of tubing i have to run ;-) approximately 18 feet .
    MagisD

Xtreme Addict
    For me Its the Insane amount of tubing i have to run ;-) approximately 18 feet .
    I originally bought 25 feet and used most of it but after buying the new case a month later i bought another 20 feet. Doubt ill need that much. hehe.

Intel 3960 @ 5Ghz
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    QuadFire 7970
    X-Fi Sound Card
    3 Acer 23" 3D Ready LCDs

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by sn0man View Post

You could use Vapor's testing here to give you a rough idea. A single D5 was medium pumping power and two DDCs in series was high. Since you're going from D5 to DDC, you actually have less heat dump, so you can pretty much ignore the heat dump effects (which this chart does). You won't quite be going D5 to 2XDDC flow gains, but somewhere in between since the MCP35X is stronger than the DDC3.2.

Xtreme Addict
    I plan on doing a dual pump loop going threw all the blocks and a seperate loop going threw all the rads.. both loops share the same huge res so what i have is good flow threw the blocks and awesome flow through the rads since rads perform better with high flow. The water is shared through the same res. So its like a single loop but better flow through out.

Intel 3960 @ 5Ghz
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    QuadFire 7970
    X-Fi Sound Card
    3 Acer 23" 3D Ready LCDs

Xtreme Enthusiast
    :Whoot: :whoot:

Order placed 2x pumps and res's
    MagisD

Xtreme Addict
    Guess i'll be ordering those 2 Danger Den DDC 3.25 pumps since i cant wait another week or 2 before they get into the retail chain.

Intel 3960 @ 5Ghz
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    QuadFire 7970
    X-Fi Sound Card
    3 Acer 23" 3D Ready LCDs

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Alright so help the newb.. what is the advantage of this over a mcp355 with a top?

Xtreme Cruncher
    I've been waiting on these... Hmmmm, $110...

@gabe
    What happened to swiftech pricing. Rad prices have been creeping upwards also I think. The primary reason why I personally regard you guys the best. It's the amazing value or price/perf.

Also, for the res top, is it one size only?
    upgrading...

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by eclypse View Post
    Guess i'll be ordering those 2 Danger Den DDC 3.25 pumps since i cant wait another week or 2 before they get into the retail chain.
    Don't pout, you can call Michelle too you know
    CEO Swiftech

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by meanmoe View Post
    I've been waiting on these... Hmmmm, $110...

@gabe
    What happened to swiftech pricing. Rad prices have been creeping upwards also I think. The primary reason why I personally regard you guys the best. It's the amazing value or price/perf.

Also, for the res top, is it one size only?
    Nothing really. Pump prices went up late last year.

Rad prices have not gone up since early 2009.

The MCP35X price is inline with other custom top solutions out there. It's a CNC machined top instead of a high volume injection molded part. Cost is ten fold higher.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Cruncher
    Nothing really. Pump prices went up late last year.

Rad prices have not gone up since early 2009.
    Maybe I don't keep up with time well. I just remember buying a mcr220 for $35 and then bought another 2 for $45 not long after. I have more of your radiators, but don't remember price shifts.

The MCP35X price is inline with other custom top solutions out there. It's a CNC machined top instead of a high volume injection molded part. Cost is ten fold higher.
    Quality is of course always appreciated. What about different sizes for the tube?

oh, and I'm certainly I'm not complaining - I was also leaning towards a Koolance solution for a build I have planned for early O.ctober, but now I'm debating on calling Michelle myself

I really need a larger tube though for the way it's currently planned. plans can always be changed though - the pwm control is hard to pass up.
    upgrading...

OVERCLOCKAHOLICS
    MCP35X eh. Maybe I'll get one when my Swify MCP355 v3.2 dies. -25C for 3 hours and she is still pumping. One strong little pump ain't she, top quality...

OCM

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    Nice, did you post some picture on how to do this earlier? I'd like to try that...
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the mod actually works, I couldn't really say. I don't know of anybody that's actually done it yet. skinnee has said he'll do it when he's done testing but I'm getting the itch bad enough to try it myself. If it doesn't work and damages the pump though, it'd be a noticable financial hit to me, and I'm not sure I want to burn $55 for the name of science, that's the only thing really stopping me or I would have done it when I did my testing. I also don't like that sickly feeling when hardware gets torched and I'm to blame, it's a very unpleasant feeling.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

I am Xtreme
    oc maximus i hope you did some conformal coating on that pump pcb....

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast