Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KingPin F1 Gemini rocks in taiwan

Champion

KingPin F1 Gemini rocks in taiwan

Thx for Vince sending this pot for me

this one is really good for pulling the temp down and up

and i also can easily control the temp under Vanatage CPU test benching with

the chip which has cold bug .

let check some pics of this new monster

then with the Full pot , without the contact with CHIP , the temp is around -192.2

it is a very good CPU copper Pot for none coldbug CHIP .

Maybe someone dont like this kind of Pot . bcz the temp is going fast .

But for me , it is the best one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice Hardware!!!
    Please show it on the video. Vantage CPU test + heavy load and temp control in that situation.

I saw these during MOA in Taipei and I am very happy
    You are as good as your samples are!

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Will you give your awesome W3570 a run with the Gemini ? I feel it has more OC headroom
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

I am Xtreme
    nice enough pics to do 3d modelling..and copy LOL

Xtreme Legend
    it seems more responsive than your pot petri with that particular insert from what ive seen in your video

the second bottom is a very very slow response one but that one nick is showing extremely fast. works very well i did some testing in the last couple of days. This is the first time ive used a pot where i could overhit the CPU temp transition with ease where it requires better control on the pouring side (looks at my hand) . I would have preferred it to not have deep holes like it does through the middle. Other than that it's a gun pot for sure

One thing that i would do with the slower response pot is add a couple of holes in each of the 4 corners....that would make it just right for lazy benching with reasonable response while the faster insert is for ultimate control .

As nick say it is also brilliant for no CB situations. I've been running my testing at -188C during CPU tests and dropping off as i have a CB at -184C with this chip

I have to get that AMD chip of mine out again and give it another crack with this pot. it's got a good 6-8C advantage over F1EE for AMD chips imo

I hear that James is going to be testing one of your pots so it will be interesting how it compares to Harshal pot which is in between the F1EE and Gemini pot in terms of responsiveness/temp control.
    Last edited by dinos22; 09-15-2010 at 03:17 PM.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Nice Hardware!!!
    Well, what I saw with my own eyes is something different. But I will not interupt this conversation more. Sorry for that.

Thermo Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    nice enough pics to do 3d modelling..and copy LOL
    Other container sellers like otterauge and me also show pictures of our structures. I'm sure that no one will copy such things. If someone does i'm sure that no big overclocker will buy "pirate copies".

Whatever happened to not showing internal pics online
    too many clowns lurking and posting in here. I bet you love this fast pot Nick

When I woke up this morning I had a ton of requests for the pot though, so now I'm thinking I need to change my policy of not showing internals
    This base nick is is showing is the rocket base. Rocket base means its fast.
    Fast means fast temp transitions up and down. Not slow lol
    This pot is the one for non-coldbug chips where getting down and up as quickly as possible is the key.
    It also gives really good max loaded temps on chips like clarkdale, am3, p4 and non-coldbug gulfies. With some practice on this one, a bencher can be EXTREMELY fast getting down to benching temps and running benches. The pot can be ready at max temps on a clarkdale or am2 full pot rig before you are even finished setting up the bios usually .

The other base is the one that is used for "temp control" or maintaining temps within a particular range. This base has a slower feel at warmer temps. Its more easily to control and maintain. Its got the old F1 feel. This one is for coldbug chips where more of a buffer is needed to slow down the temperature swing. This is the base you would want to use to navigate the temp transitions between cpu / game tests with a gulftown or any other cpu that has a coldbug. Once torched, this base feels and responds to Ln2 a lot like f1ee.
    Last edited by k|ngp|n; 09-15-2010 at 11:10 PM.

Memory Addict
    Very Charming pot and demo.

I want to participate in GOOC WW Final .

I have both gemini and the old F1 pot for the contest but I couldn't get the gemini at the right time as you know and I'll not practice on it ( I'll practice on the old one ) .

what's your suggestion vince ? go with gemini or stay with that old F1 for the event ? ( I think the chips have could bug and the tests are 2D( 32M wprime and superpi ) )

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by nickshih View Post
    Thx for Vince sending this pot for me

this one is really good for pulling the temp down and up

and i also can easily control the temp under Vanatage CPU test benching with

the chip which has cold bug .

.................:
    Can't see it when I was in Taipei......I like fast!
    CPU: XEON W3540 & Gulftown Q3FE
    MB: Asus Rampage III Extreme
    RAM: Corsair GT2000C7 2G X 3 ADATA XPG+ 2200+ 2G X 3
    SSD: Adata S596 120G
    Display Card: Asus EAH 5870
    WaterCooling:
    Laing D5 Pump + Koolance D5 Top
    Radiator: KP 120.3
    CPU Block: HeatKiller 3.0 + EK full MB Block
    PSU: Antec TPQ 1200W OC
    Case: SilverStone TJ-07BW

Xtreme Member
    Bottom weight is like 2Kg?
    Looks nice, but nothing special.

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahryar_NEO View Post
    Very Charming pot and demo.

I want to participate in GOOC WW Final .

I have both gemini and the old F1 pot for the contest but I couldn't get the gemini at the right time as you know and I'll not practice on it ( I'll practice on the old one ) .

what's your suggestion vince ? go with gemini or stay with that old F1 for the event ? ( I think the chips have could bug and the tests are 2D( 32M wprime and superpi ) )
    I just shipped my Gemini to Taiwan for GO OC. Testing the same CPU that has a cold bug with both pots, I prefer the Gemini. It feels a bit like the F1 EE, but is a little easier to manage. It's got faster pull down than the EE, and is just as easy to hold temps :thup:

And the speed base is just ridiculous, it completely blew my mind the first time I tested it. And again every time since.

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SF3D View Post
    Please show it on the video. Vantage CPU test + heavy load and temp control in that situation.

petri , u forget to show me ur pot in taiwan , when u are in my lab ... damn i still cant pronounce the "rr" sound with my tongue .

Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post

the second bottom is a very very slow response one but that one nick is showing extremely fast. works very well i did some testing in the last couple of days. This is the first time ive used a pot where i could overhit the CPU temp transition with ease where it requires better control on the pouring side (looks at my hand) . I would have preferred it to not have deep holes like it does through the middle. Other than that it's a gun pot for sure

One thing that i would do with the slower response pot is add a couple of holes in each of the 4 corners....that would make it just right for lazy benching with reasonable response while the faster insert is for ultimate control .

As nick say it is also brilliant for no CB situations. I've been running my testing at -188C during CPU tests and dropping off as i have a CB at -184C with this chip

Ya, fast pot will make u awake when u are feeling sleepy during benching ...

Quote Originally Posted by k|ngp|n View Post
    too many clowns lurking and posting in here. I bet you love this fast pot Nick

thx for the fast pot.....

and the old F1 can be my slow pot ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

how much expensive is it? This is maybe candidate for me
    ROG Power PCs - Intel and AMD
    CPUs:i9-7900X, i9-9900K, i7-6950X, i7-5960X, i7-8086K, i7-8700K, 4x i7-7700K, i3-7350K, 2x i7-6700K, i5-6600K, R7-2700X, 4x R5 2600X, R5 2400G, R3 1200, R7-1800X, R7-1700X, 3x AMD FX-9590, 1x AMD FX-9370, 4x AMD FX-8350,1x AMD FX-8320,1x AMD FX-8300, 2x AMD FX-6300,2x AMD FX-4300, 3x AMD FX-8150, 2x AMD FX-8120 125 and 95W, AMD X2 555 BE, AMD x4 965 BE C2 and C3, AMD X4 970 BE, AMD x4 975 BE, AMD x4 980 BE, AMD X6 1090T BE, AMD X6 1100T BE, A10-7870K, Athlon 845, Athlon 860K,AMD A10-7850K, AMD A10-6800K, A8-6600K, 2x AMD A10-5800K, AMD A10-5600K, AMD A8-3850, AMD A8-3870K, 2x AMD A64 3000+, AMD 64+ X2 4600+ EE, Intel i7-980X, Intel i7-2600K, Intel i7-3770K,2x i7-4770K, Intel i7-3930KAMD Cinebench R10 challenge AMD Cinebench R15 thread Intel Cinebench R15 thread

Brilliant Idiot

petri why not show the delta in your video, pot temps mean absolute , and why show what your pot does on an ES A0 chip of all chips.

Seems when I showed a pot on an ES you crucified me. Expect no less.

On topic.

I'm interested to see how this does on AMD
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    I'm interested to see how this does on AMD
    With rocket base it will be very similar to VENOM

CPU : AMD X2 5200+ @ 3Ghz
    Motherboard : EPOX EP-AF590 SLI2 with Thermalright HR-05 IFX SLI
    CPU Cooler : Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme with Noctua NF-P12
    Videocard : XFX 8600GT Fatal1ty Edition @ 700/1800Mhz
    DDR : Teem Xtreem PC-6400 2X1GB @ 4-4-4-8 / 500Mhz
    HDD : Sata II - 2 X Seagate 250GB ST3250410AS 16MB cach in RAID 0 ; IDE - Seagate 160GB, WD 80GB
    PSU : Chieftec 600 Watt, +12V Combined 48A - CTF-600-14CS
    CASE : Chieftec AEGIS CX-05B-B with 4 X Scythe SLIP STREAM SY1225SL12M controled by
    Scythe Kaze Master 5.25 @ 1000RPM; 3 X Noctua NF-B9 @ 1000RPM
    Monitor : HP L1740
    speacker : Logitech X-230

Nice Hardware!!!
    petri why not show the delta in your video, pot temps mean absolute, and why show what your pot does on an ES A0 chip of all chips.

Seems when I showed a pot on an ES you crucified me. Expect no less.
    Hey. You can clearly see it is B1 retail 980X in there.
    If the base temperature reacts quickly on CPU load,
    I think it will tell us good enough how you can handle the temperature with this product. Thermal probe is in the base very near the CPU itself and it would not react that fast, if it would not be where it is now

Just check the video again and then send me PM if there is still something which bothers you on it

Nice Hardware!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nickshih View Post
    petri , u forget to show me ur pot in taiwan , when u are in my lab ... damn i still cant pronounce the "rr" sound with my tongue .
    Yes, I did not have any extra ones with me unfortunately. I will deliver one of them soon, so you can see it on your own eyes

By the way... rrr rrrr rrrrrrrr video is hilarious

Brilliant Idiot
    Hey. You can clearly see it is B1 retail 980X in there.
    If the base temperature reacts quickly on CPU load,
    I think it will tell us good enough how you can handle the temperature with this product. Thermal probe is in the base very near the CPU itself and it would not react that fast, if it would not be where it is now

Just check the video again and then send me PM if there is still something which bothers you on it

I'm referring to your first post with your pot that got deleted

Try doing a scientific test with a milled out IHS for a probe and then get back to me on how pot temps are even remotely relevant Pot temps means nothing, the ability of pot to transfer cold and at what rate is all that matters.

I've done it so has sampsa.
    Last edited by chew*; 09-15-2010 at 12:48 PM.
    heatware chew*

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by OgaiB View Post
    I Guess that depends on which "venom" one has
    heatware chew*

Nice Hardware!!!
    Try doing a scientific test with a milled out IHS for a probe and then get back to me on how pot temps are even remotely relevant

I've done it so has sampsa.
    Yes, we have done it as well with Sami
    You don't need to be rocket scientist to see the delta with two probes or the HS temp with some milled groove. We have a plan to test different pots with the CPU sampsa got from AMD.

Quote Originally Posted by OgaiB View Post
    This base is solid for AMD overclocking on LN2.
    This pot replaces both venom and ee, both are no longer made.

Brilliant Idiot
    Yes, we have done it as well with Sami
    You don't need to be rocket scientist to see the delta with two probes or the HS temp with some milled groove. We have a plan to test different pots with the CPU sampsa got from AMD.
    Thats more like it and what i'm looking forward to seeing.
    heatware chew*

The slower base is the one I demo'd at quakcon. I ran a gulftown looping vantage for very long times at NVIDIA's booth. Most of the time the chip was clocked 6.2-6.4ghz 1.825v, one time about 6hrs straight. The chip had a coldbug 10 degrees from full pot, so this cold bug base was great. Easy to maintain that with a good touch. I was showing some guys from OCA and my bench team it was easy too keep the chip from coldbugging GOING FROM GAME TEST TO CPU TEST IN VANTAGE AS WELL AS GAME TEST TO CPU TEST AND ABCK TO GAME TEST AGAIN IN 2k6, even when its while holding 10 degrees from full pot temps, where normally a pot goes berserk and there is little control to due the coppers conductivity below -165c

and of course if u have a pimp hand like Nicky, you can control the temps like an ace with the fast pot
    Last edited by k|ngp|n; 09-15-2010 at 05:32 PM.

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by k|ngp|n View Post

and of course if u have a pimp hand like Nicky, you can control the temps like an ace with the fast pot

pimp hand ....means that my "3th" hand is nimble as my another two ?..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast