Thread: Lamptron FC5 Fan Controller 8888 Issue and Customer Service

Thumbs down Lamptron FC5 Fan Controller 8888 Issue and Customer Service

Well everyone knows about this controller etc, i sent an email to Robert and they said they would replace the controllers etc.. I understand they were moving into a new facility and then bacorder on the new batch but come on now lol its been forever and my latest email i sent to get an update never got a reply..

Heres how the emails went after i sent him my shipping address info for a replacement

Rob@Lamptron to me
    show details Jul 29

You will probably get yours the day it ships out (within the next few weeks) lol, our warehouse we are setting up is located in turnersville, nj

to robert
    show details Aug 11

Any update on getting the new controller? It's been bout 2 weeks now

Rob@Lamptron to me
    show details Aug 12

The new controllers are still on backorder here in the USA.

to robert
    show details Sep 8 (7 days ago)

So any news yet on the controllers ? Can I just return the one I have and get a different one ? I'm gonnna need a new one anyways for my new build

I am a patient person , i understand back orders, and i understand things get busy and hectic but whats the deal? Are we just getting the run around or whats up. I mean we are about to hit 2 months in a couple more weeks from my first intial email. I am now debating on just saying screw it and buying from a different company...
    HEATWARE
    x58-UD5 ▀▄ i7 950 4.0Ghz ▀▄ ZOTAC GTX 580 ▀▄ Mushkins 1600Mhz

Xtreme Addict
    Rob was the only guy who responded to me, none of those others did *angry*

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Problem is for heavy duty fan controllers lamptrons it.

Sunbeam has a 30 watt, but the leds on it could light a stadium.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk
    MagisD

6 Quad rads 1 case Maybe I went a little overboard....Overkill Cube

Quote Originally Posted by dingdong555 View Post
    Rob was the only guy who responded to me, none of those others did *angry*
    Well i remember a while ago someone here made a post about him and the controller and how fast Rob replaced the controller for him.... What about all the other guys now? Left me and who knows how many people just stranded which is BS..
    HEATWARE

Xtreme Enthusiast
    so you think he's avoiding you and lying to you about the supply he has? orr..... just that it's slow?
    If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig
    you know you're addicted to watercooling when:
    Quote Originally Posted by Onoff312 View Post
    You started with a $200-400 budget and have ended up spending over $1000-2000

Slow? lol you dont tell people and a community that your now taking replacement orders and then leave them hanging :/ .. I just think maybe this is just an exscuse to try and avoid replacing so many controllers, eh who knows.. I mean i still shoulda got a response on my last email. Ill let it ride out for a few more weeks, and if nothing happens im just gonna throw his garbage away where it belongs.
    HEATWARE

Xtreme Addict
    Well, the Lamptron 5 is worth the wait IMHO. I would have returned it to the retailer personally, if it were in the 30 days.
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Ya but no point to sEnd back to retailer when I would of gotten then same product back .. The replacement I believe it a whole new piece I'm assuming . I love the controller , I just think they should do a better job with communications and updates etc .. :/
    HEATWARE

HEATWARE

Xtreme Guru
    u gotta chill out man, its a free replacement, not an RMA, Im hoping to have something in from china this week, i will let you know if a package arrives.

I don't care if it's free or not .. That's not the point .. I paid for a product that's a piece of ish .. I won't disclose any names but your china shipment bla bla is false ... I had a pm from a certain someone that has received a big batch of your controllers . I understand you gotta make money and wanna get to companies first to sell etc but come on now ..
    HEATWARE

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedubber View Post
    I don't care if it's free or not .. That's not the point .. I paid for a product that's a piece of ish .. I won't disclose any names but your china shipment bla bla is false ... I had a pm from a certain someone that has received a big batch of your controllers . I understand you gotta make money and wanna get to companies first to sell etc but come on now ..
    lol your missing the point, im not a store, im an independent consultant for the company to handle marketing issues

1) i was never supposed to handle replacements in the first place so this is kinda a mess, i got backorders on replacements from MAY
    2) im at the mercy of lamptron sending me the products to actually replace the ones that are complained over

i understand your complaint trust me, i hate it when breaks and you have to wait for ever to get it fixed or replaced, but im telling you the truth when i say i have nothing here to replace it with because im waiting on them to send the product to me. now the manager at lamptron hq in china told me that the shipment should be in this week, heres hoping, as soon as it lands at my door, i will send you a pm letting you know. You have my word on that. Hell you can even drive down to my HOUSE and get it if you want rather then having to wait for it to ship priority mail.

.... Do you have your managers address so i can return this fan controller to him and shiit in the box as well so he can see how i feel about his product? lol.. Its is what it is , no big deal , i just want my controller thats all. People in NJ dont have patience
    HEATWARE

Xtreme Guru
    .... Do you have your managers address so i can return this fan controller to him and shiit in the box as well so he can see how i feel about his product? lol.. Its is what it is , no big deal , i just want my controller thats all. People in NJ dont have patience
    lol you have to send it back to china for that, i wish the system worked better, i came on board to help deal with this problems, but its been difficult getting these things straightened out so that the company moves in a more fluid, timely manner with this issues. Especially with the fact that they are 3000 miles away, and a full 12 hours ahead of us and only 2 of them speak bad english. Doin the best i can here for everyone.

Never go full retard
    You need to slow your roll... I don't care how bad you feel you have been treated, that is just blatant disrespect for someone who is trying to help you and to all of us in the LC section.

^^^ If you look at the LOL at the end of it you would see i was making a joke out of it I know hes trying to help and hes stuck in the middle which im sure sux and if you read the last part i said it is what it is no big deal.. Dunno why it would effect you or others here..
    HEATWARE

Xtreme Addict
    ^^^ If you look at the LOL at the end of it you would see i was making a joke out of it I know hes trying to help and hes stuck in the middle which im sure sux and if you read the last part i said it is what it is no big deal.. Dunno why it would effect you or others here..
    Tell you what i have in my shop. Ill do u a big favour ill send it out to u in the USA and when you finally get it sorted you can send me the one you get back. this is the new V2 version.

hows that sound ...
    Last edited by mlwood37; 09-21-2010 at 07:11 PM.
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

Thank your very much! But its ok ... The only problem i have is gettin a run around when im totally fine with the truth ..
    HEATWARE

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have a question, were you ever promised a date you would have it by?

Have you been told your not getting it?

I sell IT for a living I know exactly how long some of these rma issues can take. It's not the reps fault the manfacuter in china doesn't want to ship 1 unit over a month early when the quarterly shipment is due a few weeks later.

Quite frankly after the way you behaved on here I'd fire you as a customer and ask you to take your business elsewhere.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk
    MagisD

6 Quad rads 1 case Maybe I went a little overboard....Overkill Cube

I guess known of you have a sense of humor huh... What a pitty...I couldnt get any response back thru email so thats why i started this thread to grab attention from someone in the Lamptron dept. Dunno why you others are chiming in , when you dont know certain information that i know. I wasnt promised a specific DATE as you cant control something being shipped but i was promised a time frame . Basically when someone asks for an update or whats going on they should get a reply back , not left hung dry etc..
    HEATWARE

Dunno why you others are chiming in , when you dont know certain information that i know.
    Others are chiming in because you posted your comment / frustration in a public forum.

Thread closed.