Thread: how to setup dual pumps?

I am Xtreme

how to setup dual pumps?

i have 2 different pumps, the one in my system now is the stronger one, but i have another really good pump laying around doing nothing, how could i incorporate it, i hear about people using dual pumps but haven't seen a layout. Nor see how it could benefit, if i put them back to back what would it do , nothing? or would it build up pressure?

OVERCLOCKAHOLICS
    Quote Originally Posted by sin0822 View Post
    i have 2 different pumps, the one in my system now is the stronger one, but i have another really good pump laying around doing nothing, how could i incorporate it
    Easy, you don't incorporate 2 different pumps in the same loop. Only use two of the same.

I am Xtreme
    oh ok thats what i initially thought.

Xtreme Addict
    that is unless you want to set up two different loops.. assuming you had two radiators that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    just start taking pics of peoples kids the parents will come talk to you shortly. if you have a big creepy van it works faster

I have two different pumps in serial, in a single loop and everything works just fine. When one is turned off the flow is noticeably lower. I think you should try to use both pumps in serial and that you are not going to have any trouble.