Thread: AOC - HD4870@1,1GHz GPU

AOC - HD4870@1,1GHz GPU

Hi guys, we're currently working on this Sapphire HD4870, the goal was to set all the italian hw category records but I'm posting this because, even if it's an old VGA, it still gives us a lot of fun and because of the crazy GPU frequencies reached!

This is the screen, taken at the very last thermos of LN2 (the score could be improved by tweaking the OS, this is just a fresh installation with a crappy 2600K):

http://hwbot.org/community/submissio...0_112592_marks

As you can see on hwbot, 1,1GHz GPU is something that only hipro, pofigist and m4nol reached, wow!
    We did a run even at 1110MHz, but the score decreased due probably to high temps or low voltage (1,6v idle, 1,64v full), but we had no more LN2 to improve it.
    I hope to be back soon with some 115k+ 01 runs, this VGA deserves it!

Update here:
    As I said, we just did another run with the 4870 with a better cpu, the goal was to set the new category WR, but we couldn't beat RedCobra's score of 121.527!
    Anyway, we reached 2nd spot, with the vga now@1110/1100!
    http://hwbot.org/community/submissio...0_120408_marks

RedCobra said he's going to put his 4870@ln2, so it would be interesting to find out what he'll manage to get!
    We absolutely need a cpu like the one he has (approx. 150mhz better than ours).

Xtreme Member
    ^^ i will help red to strike back

but yea real n1 Clock for 4870
    little German

Hei teurorist!
    Can't wait to see your improved score

¿
    I'll be back

Wow, the battle is on then

Tonight we did our last run with the 4870 and finally came the WR at 3DM01!!
    We met with Coolbits, we brought his CPU and togheter we worked out this 124,4K!
    As you can see from the frequencies, the card is almost degraded, probably the chokes are gone.
    So there was plenty of room for improvement but the time was little so we didn't manage to pass the 125K mark, but we're happy as well.
    Here is the screen:

Finally a run at Aqua, bad efficiency, but the strange fact is that the VGA performs better, speaking about max frequencies... probably it's because Aqua is lighter that 3DM01.