Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Benchmarks Zacate APU, 2x Faster GPU Performance than Core i5

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by informal View Post
    So what's the verdict?
    I'm downloading CoH trial right now. Will test it later.

HTML5 benchmark:
    Here what AMD has demonstrated:

Here what I got:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	1272 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	107702  
    Last edited by kl0012; 09-14-2010 at 08:47 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    What GPU is in the laptop?Intel's i3 IGP?

Xtreme Addict
    what gpu is in the laptop?intel's i3 igp?
    igp.

Views:	1315 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	107703  

Your page looks different. I don't think you guys ran the same thing.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Mentor
    Does Intel HD igp support Direct2D acceleration if yes than shame on AMD..
    Coming Soon

Xtreme Cruncher
    That's weird.I just ran it on my Agena @ 2.6Ghz with Radeon 4850 and i got 1779 ,lower than your i3+ that poor IGP

Bingo. You ran the wrong page. Click that "Try Hallucinogenic Mode" link at the bottom below your score.
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Bingo. You ran the wrong page. Click that "Try Hallucinogenic Mode" link at the bottom below your score.
    Ok will try it now ,thanks Particle!

Xtreme Addict
    Your page looks different. I don't think you guys ran the same thing.
    To me it looks the same.
    Here is zacate result:

Here is mine (another run):

Views:	1298 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	107704  

Xtreme Addict
    Here is it:

Views:	1288 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	107705  

Xtreme Addict
    That's weird.I just ran it on my Agena @ 2.6Ghz with Radeon 4850 and i got 1779 ,lower than your i3+ that poor IGP
    Try window size ~1280x680 (as in AMD test).

Xtreme Cruncher
    I've got 599 points in the Hallucinogenic mode. No way my radeon 4850 is weaker than intel's GMA in i3.Something is not right here.

Quote Originally Posted by kl0012
    Try window size ~1280x680 (as in AMD test).
    I would gladly try it but where do i set the window size?I have 19" Wide screen TFT monitor with native res. of 14x9.
    Last edited by informal; 09-14-2010 at 09:16 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You cant stop this nonsense.
    You can clearly see that anandtech has Phychedelic mode in one of them and Hallucinogenic in the other. How? In one it says "Try Again" And in the other it says "Try Hallucinogenic mode".

Anandtech messed up.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by kl0012 View Post
    I'm downloading CoH trial right now. Will test it later.

HTML5 benchmark:
    Here what AMD has demonstrated:

Here what I got:
    Socket 1156 ....on a laptop?

remember. i3 desktop =/= laptop i3.

Psychedelic needs 2D GPU acceleration... I make a test here with no 2D acceleration (with OperA) and receive the 22 points.

Xtreme Addict
    I've got 599 points in the Hallucinogenic mode. No way my radeon 4850 is weaker than intel's GMA in i3.Something is not right here.

I would gladly try it but where do i set the window size?I have 19" Wide screen TFT monitor with native res. of 14x9.
    Just resize the IE window.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yeah AT seems to ran different tests :S.

kl0012 can you run the other tests that we can see in Youtube videos? Like the bookshelf one?

edit:
    Resized the window to 1275x737 and got almost no change in results : 1779 and 599.

edit 2:
    I've just ran the amazon book reading test and I've got lower score than Zacate .My score is around 27-31fps,50% slower than lowly Zacate .
    Hmm,I wonder if CCC drivers have any impact.I run the older 10.6 ones.
    Last edited by informal; 09-14-2010 at 09:37 AM.

Indeed. I'd reckon we'd see about 700 vs 200 if they were both in the same mode. Not quite the 10x he's spinning it as, but still clearly faster. Not sure about the magic i3 result we've seen here though since it's faster than discrete graphics solutions we know are clearly superior to i3's IGP.

Rule 1A:

Rule 2:

Rule 2A:

Rule 3:

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yeah the i3's IGP can't be faster than Radeon I have in Direct2D.It's anomalous to say the least.

Are we all running the same version of IE9 preview, for starters?

Rule 1A:

Rule 2:

Rule 2A:

Rule 3:

Xtreme Cruncher
    I have the latest build(7916)

And Windows 7??? Because Direct2D just work on Windows 7 with DX10.1/11 graphic card compatible.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Of course,Windows 7 x64,4GB ram,CPU speed 1.6-3.1Ghz,Radeon 4850 @ def. with CCC 10.6

edit: I've just found out that IE9 requirement for hw acceleration is DX9,not DX10.1/11.At least this is according to intel.
    Last edited by informal; 09-14-2010 at 09:56 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    So what's the conclusion. Is the AMD test FUBARed or legit ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by ethomaz View Post
    And Windows 7??? Because Direct2D just work on Windows 7 with DX10.1/11 graphic card compatible.
    Nope it also works under vista and server 2008. The 2009 platform update brought it to those to OS.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast