Thread: freezone fz-1000 off eBay 51 bucks I picked up local :D but some problems

Xtreme Enthusiast

freezone fz-1000 off eBay 51 bucks I picked up local :D but some problems

Okies I am now the proud owner of the FZ-1000 Freezone from Coolit,
    Her's the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_1072wt_1139 the following problems do present themselves.
    A. the 92 mm fan is very loud I was going to mod it to a 120 mm fan however the problem is all my 120 mm fans dun have a tach wire I don't know how this board will react to not having a signal.
    B. the hoses on this thing from the pump to the cpu block and back to the first pelt block are way to short for my case (I have no room to fit it where it's usually mounted So I'll have to get longer hoses and that means adding water and some kind of anti corrosion agent. (anti-freeze?)
    C. will the stuff inside mix with distilled water and antifreeze or should I just drain it and put in distilled water and antifreeze (the stuff indies is blue antifreeze is yellow :S
    anyways those are my questions for now.
    terramir

terra= (lat.)world mir=(russ.) peace
    BTW that girl is my version of muddflap on my stacy common artwork not obcene (for the censors out there)

Hi use a fan with high CFM like 150CFM sichas an iextreme 38mm thick fan and use a 120 to 92mm shroud as if i remember the fans on the FZ-1000 were 92mm type fans. You need a fan with high air flow to keep these Coolit unit coolish.
    Donot mix the coolants just drain it and use a new pre-mixed off the shelf coolant. Plenty of them for sale. As for the tubes you will need 8mm ID and !0mm OD. If I remember that is the same as the Coolit tubes size.
    Go look at the Coolit website forum at a members posts called Xenomorh also look at the coolit members section on Overclock.net in the Peltiers forum section.
    If you mod the FZ-1000 right it will cool just fine..I have the FZ-1000 and the Elite units , I think they are great.. Good luck with it..
    AMD 1055T 6 Core CPU!
    Asrock 890GX Xtreme 3
    Inno GTX460 756mb
    Hanns-G 27inch Monitor.

Xtreme Member
    I have read through the coolit forums and I believe they use a mix of anti-freeze and distilled water in this units, 10 -20% anti-freeze would be fine.