Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Where are you charles! :(

I am Xtreme
    Any CES updates yet?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks for your comments and words of support, Guys.

I'm pleased to report that CES was a success!

Just to clarify; we didn't go there to promote our products or seek media coverage - we announced our presence at CES on our website for our Customers who were attending the show and may want to come by and checkout the MKII P1.01 prototype build in person. Our purpose for attending was twofold: (1) Meet our Associates from Silverstone face to face and discuss in detail our plans moving forward; and (2) Meet the Owner of murderbox MKII P1.01, go over the details and features of his machine and then deliver it to his home. This objective took an interesting turn when it was decided that instead of shipping the machine via FedEx/UPS from Las Vegas to the Owner's home in Texas, I'd rent a car and deliver the machine in person. What an amazing trip it turned out to be!

This decision came after discovering that the major Carrier's loss/damage liability only covered up to $1000 because of the category that the machine fell in - being a one-off, custom product. Even thought the machine was securely packed in a massive Pelican case, and handled the flight from Vancouver to Las Vegas unscathed, we didn't want to push our luck and leave our fate in the hands of FedEx/UPS. After discussions with the Owner and approval from my wife, it was decided that the best option was to select a suitable vehicle (which turned out to be a KIA Sorento), equip it with Nav, and get my drive on!

After CES and the buildup leading to the show, the solitary 2000+ mile drive (I drove back to Las Vegas) was a perfect opportunity for decompression. Some people hate driving, I love it. I guess it's kind of like sleeving wires with a few obvious differences. The point being it's all about getting into the zone and maintaining focus while keeping it Zen. I took my time and stopped at night - late night driving is no fun. I started out last Monday afternoon and made it back to Las Vegas early Friday; catching a flight home Friday afternoon. In the end, the machine was safely delivered and is being enjoyed by its Owner and I am home and ready to get back to work with Callen and our Associates at Silverstone.

We received the 2nd MKII prototype at CES and while it's awesome, it's not quite perfect. We made over 100 revisions from the 1st prototype but there are still some further refinements needed. We haven't gone through it extensively, that will be this week's task, but we're pretty confident that another complete prototype will not be required. Very likely, only a few internal parts will need tweaking and we'll get them done and the MKII completed ASAP.

Thanks again for your support and enthusiasm, Guys. The events of the last few weeks were amazing - meeting Callen who I've worked with hours a day on Skype for over a year; meeting the awesome and dedicated people at Silverstone and learning of their commitment to the MKII and murderbox products - and finally, meeting the Owner of the MKII P1.01 build and delivering the machine to his home (driving away was definitely bittersweet but the P1.01 is in very good hands). Now it's time to get back to work!

I am Xtreme
    http://murderbox.com/

New updated pics.

Xtreme Addict
    thanks for the info lowfat...

Charles... just saw the updated pics and i am amazed at your work!
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times challenge and controversy."
    Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

DIY: Self Clinching Nuts

Canon EOS 7D | Tokina 12-24mm f/4 | Canon EF 24-105 f/4 L | Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS Mk II | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L | Canon EF 100-400mm f/4-5.6 L

Need to change my briefs, stunning attention to detail. Proud of the team especially the fellow Aussie. Will definitely be buying one of these the second they come out.

Also is there an option to swap out the top panel for just an acrylic one rather than the 2 'floating' fans?

Xtreme Member
    Almost regretting getting a TJ11 :o

Carnage

[Silverstone TJ11] [Silverstone 1200w]
    [EVGA Z77 FTW] [I5 2500k] [8gb Samsung 30nm]
    [Sapphire HD 7970]
    [Sound Blaster Titanium HD] [Sennheiser PC360]
    [Patriot Wildfire 120gb] [Seagate 1.5tb 7200pm]
    [Steelseries Sensei w/ I-2 Mousepad] [24" 1920x1200 Samsung]

Quote Originally Posted by nksharp View Post
    Almost regretting getting a TJ11 :o
    Almost? Whats there not to regret :P

Xtreme Member
    Touche. Hopefully some parts will be compatible with the TJ 11. Been playing the waiting game for a bunch of custom parts so far which is making my build take way to long.

Carnage

[Silverstone TJ11] [Silverstone 1200w]
    [EVGA Z77 FTW] [I5 2500k] [8gb Samsung 30nm]
    [Sapphire HD 7970]
    [Sound Blaster Titanium HD] [Sennheiser PC360]
    [Patriot Wildfire 120gb] [Seagate 1.5tb 7200pm]
    [Steelseries Sensei w/ I-2 Mousepad] [24" 1920x1200 Samsung]

Xtreme Addict
    of course, this being just a personal opinion... TJ-07 had some gracefulness about it... TJ-11, i'm still looking for the kitchen sink...
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times challenge and controversy."
    Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

DIY: Self Clinching Nuts

Canon EOS 7D | Tokina 12-24mm f/4 | Canon EF 24-105 f/4 L | Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS Mk II | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L | Canon EF 100-400mm f/4-5.6 L

Xtreme Member
    btw, these new pics, that mysterious bezel

is it a little turbine?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by h20xide View Post
    Need to change my briefs, stunning attention to detail. Proud of the team especially the fellow Aussie. Will definitely be buying one of these the second they come out.

Also is there an option to swap out the top panel for just an acrylic one rather than the 2 'floating' fans?
    As far as I understand the top panel is still compatible with the existing acrylic grill and that the fan option is one of the new parts they plan on offering.

Quote Originally Posted by aerial View Post
    btw, these new pics, that mysterious bezel

is it a little turbine?
    yes it is the cross flow fan to help airflow

Xtreme Member
    I'd love to use this with aquacomputers' gear, particularly their new modular radiators with integrated pump/res.

There is a possible compatibility issue though. Due to their width (146 mm regardless of fan fittings), I don't believe they would fit the rad holder used in the MKII prototype.

Is there a chance of offering custom size options or are all parts one size only?

I am Xtreme
    WTF OMG I forgot about this thread! Holy crap Charles! Great work! Can't waittttttt
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    Stand back, I'm gonna do science.

Prototype 2 gallery up on their site now. Take my money already!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678