Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Where are you charles! :(

Quote Originally Posted by Dangals View Post
    As per Charles' post above there will not be an ETA at this point as previously when that has been done and things didn't fall in place in time people were annoyed that the date kept being pushed back.

So until everything is in order it is just a waiting game I am afraid.

Although I can say for those who are faithful and can truly appreciate what a small (and I do mean small) group of individuals are doing here you will be pleased with the final product...

Keep up the good work mate and I for one am excited to see the final offerings!
    Couldn't agree more

Xtreme Member
    I purchased a TJ11 since I couldn't wait any longer and for my next build I want to have TONS of room. I wonder how many of the new products would work in the TJ 11 though?

Carnage

[Silverstone TJ11] [Silverstone 1200w]
    [EVGA Z77 FTW] [I5 2500k] [8gb Samsung 30nm]
    [Sapphire HD 7970]
    [Sound Blaster Titanium HD] [Sennheiser PC360]
    [Patriot Wildfire 120gb] [Seagate 1.5tb 7200pm]
    [Steelseries Sensei w/ I-2 Mousepad] [24" 1920x1200 Samsung]

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by nksharp View Post
    I purchased a TJ11 since I couldn't wait any longer and for my next build I want to have TONS of room. I wonder how many of the new products would work in the TJ 11 though?
    More than likely zero.

Xtreme Member
    For the love of god, please give us at least a shot of the back. Will this new case support XL-ATX or not?

Xtreme Member
    I was wondering why there is no more weekly teaser pictures anymore. Don't stop posting them please.

Note - I have not spoken to Charles about this, but just from reading his last response - I'd guess the reason there are no more teasers, and the reason there are no more photos right now is simply because some folks have expressed their impatience and frustrations that he's not able to give more definitive details. This is just MY personal opinion.

What I do know is that Charles and his team have been, and continue to work very hard to get the products ready. He's not going to be able to give definitive details until he's got everything ready to go. As hard as this is, it's the right thing to do. So (again, just my opinion), if you don't have the patience to wait, then it's best not to complain about the time it's taking - just move on to another solution.

Thanks for the update shaz, Charles himself has mentioned that a few times but I guess people just can't accept it.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by charles_h View Post
    Shawn, we don't have the full details; we're still sorting out some stuff. You're saying we should give the incomplete details but based on our experience in the past of trying to give people an idea of when we "hope" to reveal the new products, we've concluded otherwise as that didn't seem to go too well. We thought posting the recent weekly splash page images while we kept working on the products would be appreciated and not add to the frustration but once again - lesson learned. We've decided it's best now to keep our noses down and just focus on getting the new products finished.

Your patience has run out and you're no longer interested; well, I'm sorry to hear that. Perhaps if you knew what was going on behind the scenes and the sacrifices that are being made, you'd have a different attitude. In a nutshell, we're all doing our best and are 100% committed to this project. We're not some big company - we're a few passionate and dedicated people spread out across the world trying to create products that some people will hopefully find interesting. Heck, no two of us even live in the same city! If you don't think the delays affect us then you'd be mistaken but what we won't do is compromise - we owe that to ourselves as a team and to those willing to wait till the products are ready.

I probably shouldn't say that but here goes - Callen had saving to live on when we started the MKII project and he went through that after a year of working full time on the new murderbox product line. Now that his savings have run out, he's having to work his old job on a fishing boat and on the murderbox products so that we can keep going because that's what it takes. We're absolutely committed to seeing this through despite all challenges and believe me when I tell you that there are many.

That's all I'm going to say on this - I've got to regain my focused now and get back to work!

To those here offering your support and encouragement, I sincerely thank you on behalf of everyone involved.
    Charles you will always rank the highest in my book. I know it hurts when you read what these faddish, impatient small minded people post because you are truly committed to this community and here's what I think about those whining and complaining: they are nothing. They don't even appear on the radar screen. What you have set out to accomplish is so far beyond what anyone in the field has ever attempted they can't begin to comprehend the challenges, the setbacks, the personal sacrifices, the investment of time and money. They are nothing but background noise. Turn up the squelch. If it takes another year, another ten years those who truly matter will reward your efforts.
    20 Logs on the fire for WCG: i7 920@2.8 X3220@3.0 X3220@2.4 E8400@4.05 E6600@2.4

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberDruid View Post
    Charles you will always rank the highest in my book. I know it hurts when you read what these faddish, impatient small minded people post because you are truly committed to this community and here's what I think about those whining and complaining: they are nothing. They don't even appear on the radar screen. What you have set out to accomplish is so far beyond what anyone in the field has ever attempted they can't begin to comprehend the challenges, the setbacks, the personal sacrifices, the investment of time and money. They are nothing but background noise. Turn up the squelch. If it takes another year, another ten years those who truly matter will reward your efforts.
    I 100% Agree.
    Charles, we love and appreciate your genius. The Murderbox team is by far the most talented, insightful collection of international artists out there. Together you all will produce products that will not only blow everyone away but will bring the same childish, rude and arrogant trolls to their knees, sobbing and begging for your forgiveness. In the scheme of things, they're nothing, their comments are nothing. Your peers and friends know how hard you're working, and are ready and willing to wait patiently for you to show the world your talent and passion.
    My Rig:
    Motivation 2.0
    ----------------
    Check out my Build log!!!
    Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair

---------------
    Check out below for videos and reviews!!!
    Facebook Youtube Instagram Twitter

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Check back Friday for a nice update: http://www.million-dollar-pc.com
    [ 3770K @ 4.2 : H100i : ASRock Z77E-ITX : GTX560 Ti : 16GB DDR3 1800 : +4TB : Bitfenix Prodigy : 2x Dell S2340M : Filco Majestouch-2 [Cherry Brown] : BX8a Deluxe]

I am Xtreme
    Hot damn, only 4 days....

Xtreme Member
    So they will show entire prototype case? Can't wait.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    OOoo can't wait
    sigh

Charles, I am new to this and as such did not get to see any of your older products although from what I read I am extremely excited to see what you come up with. Take your time. I admire someone who decides to wait and get things right rather than rushing something out the door. I myself would rather wait and have something that approaches perfection rather than getting something that is half assed and looks it.

As Mike Holmes say "Make it right"

Looking forward to the 2nd. Take care.

Lafayette, People's Republic of New Jersystan
    Full pics are up at MDPC...

I'd say it was worth the wait...

http://www.million-dollar-pc.com/sys...derbox-mk2.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post
    Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Soooooo awesome! Amazed it's still based on a TJ07 though! Absolutely gorgeous case. Would love to know more about it.
    sigh

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by charles_h View Post
    ...We're not some big company - we're a few passionate and dedicated people spread out across the world trying to create products that some people will hopefully find interesting.
    awesome, thats exactly why i would support it in any way i could. the wait is/will be well worth it.
    the chrome pipes are outstanding

Xtreme Member
    Good impression overall, but I am not huge fan of these metal pipes. It is not very practical, any change of motherboard, graphic cards, makes whole loop useless, since these pipes are not flexible like tubing. If you upgrade your hardware, you would have to design and order entirely new pipes.
    Also I am not a great fan of placing so many hdd mounts in 5,25'' bay, there could be pump instead. And then instead that tiny 120mm rad, a 240 in bottom compartment. Nearly nobody uses that many drives, while that extra rad would be welcome by many.
    Top with window > these fans.
    Stainless steel power button > generic silverstone plastic.

Other than that quality and details are remarkable, but that would be repeating myself. Saying what could be done differently is more useful feedback I hope.

Xtreme Member
    First off i dont think that is a production build.Only built to showcase the new design of the case.The setup can be how ever some one wants .It has a a 480 on one side too.Those tubes arent a handicap as most high end custom built pc are for clients and will stay that way for many years. I know plenty of people using that many drives ,but it would be easy to change that up too.The only thing that is really built in stone was the new design of the case not the internal pc hardware.i for one like it and am considering it for my next build.
    Keep in mind with solid lines that if you have the ability to build the first ones you have the ability to build new ones.
    I like that its a work of art that wasnt designed to be painted over.

Quote Originally Posted by aerial View Post
    Good impression overall, but I am not huge fan of these metal pipes. It is not very practical, any change of motherboard, graphic cards, makes whole loop useless, since these pipes are not flexible like tubing. If you upgrade your hardware, you would have to design and order entirely new pipes.
    Also I am not a great fan of placing so many hdd mounts in 5,25'' bay, there could be pump instead. And then instead that tiny 120mm rad, a 240 in bottom compartment. Nearly nobody uses that many drives, while that extra rad would be welcome by many.
    Top with window > these fans.
    Stainless steel power button > generic silverstone plastic.

Other than that quality and details are remarkable, but that would be repeating myself. Saying what could be done differently is more useful feedback I hope.
    I control my hardware
    My hardware does not control me

Absolutely gorgeous. I for one love the look of the chrome pipes. Has such a classy and clean look to it. I like the fact that you are letting the hardware and the quality of the build speak for itself, not trying to wow with bling or fancy colors. Definitely will be keeping the chrome pipes idea in mind when I do my build.

Very, very nice Charles. Looks fantastic.

I have to say Charles is REAL stand up man. He has helped me with my build that has taken almost two years :0 he even fixed my sLight that was leaking, I just can't say enough good things about Charles. I feel that I have talked to him so much that I can consider him a friend

This new murderbox 2 just looks AMAZING!! I hope Charles you post a build log on it, its soo much fun seeing how you put together such an elaborate build. This is by far the best pc build I have ever seen, it truelly is. Congrats Charles!

Below is my build, its still not done but at least there is no leaks

[img]
    photo by CoolHandsM3, on Flickr[/img]

Best regards, Luke
    Last edited by blackvette94; 12-02-2011 at 08:27 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Case looks great, it'd be nice to get details on things like how the bay drive mounts illuminate, if the case has rad mounts in the bottom, etc, cost, shipping times, etc.

Xtreme Mentor
    Holy . That case is perfection. Charles is the paragon of custom case manufacture.
    Ci7 990X::Rampage III Extreme::12GB Corsair Dominator 1866C7GT::2 x EVGA SC Titans in SLI::Corsair AX1200::TJ07::Watercooled
    Ci7 920 3849B018::Rampage II Extreme::6GB GSKILL Trident 2000C9 BBSE::EVGA GTX580::Antec Signature SG850::TJ09::Aircooled w/TRUE 120X

Xtreme Member

Xtreme Addict
    omg charles! that is amazing!
    great work and best wishes for all your future business!
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times challenge and controversy."
    Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

DIY: Self Clinching Nuts

Canon EOS 7D | Tokina 12-24mm f/4 | Canon EF 24-105 f/4 L | Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS Mk II | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L | Canon EF 100-400mm f/4-5.6 L

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast