Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Where are you charles! :(

Quote Originally Posted by sholvaco View Post
    I know asking this is pretty much blasphemous but... any chance of this being a good basis for an air cooled rig?
    somewhat depending on setup, I don't think it would be that bad using air. However, keep in mind the case is built/designed for a liquid setup, I think.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SNiiPE_DoGG View Post
    Considering the TJ11 is nearly 700 retail, I would say $1000 is the bare minimum price this case could be, could definitely be higher.
    Wasn't the original Murderbox case $1000? This has got to be at the very least 100 or 200 more than that.

I don't see how the TJ11 has anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by holt8137 View Post
    I don't see how the TJ11 has anything to do with it.
    Yeah same. As far as I'm aware this case is going to be released/sold under the murdermod team. I thought Silverstone were just helping them manufacturer it and not actually sell it.

Xtreme Member
    new

i'm confused, back of motherboard tray + window?

I think it's more of a teaser than anything, either that or you can now show off your cable management.

Xtreme Member
    Maybe case will have two windows on both sides, one to show cables, one to show mobo chamber. It would simplify the case in terms of inverted-atx version, since both atx and iverted would have two window panels on each side.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by aerial View Post
    It would simplify the case in terms of inverted-atx version, since both atx and iverted would have two window panels on each side.
    It does make sense but I don't like it all that much. It makes sense though from the pic. The plate that shows the MurderBox serial number does look removable so you can inverse it.

Charles this is great, eagerly waiting to see MKII details

I can't wait to see the final product, Charles has been a real amazing guy to do business with

I do personally think this case will be more then the previous MkI, I am thinking maybe around $2k but we will see
    soon enough

I just hope that this case is based off the original Tj07 and not the revisions and what I mean by that is that the
    the bend in the front case top and bottom is smooth with no line through the middle, the revisions have a visible
    line/bump that goes across the middle of the bend on the top and bottom of the front case.

Most previous picture on the website that showed the Aquaero looked to have no bump/line which is VERY good!
    Last edited by blackvette94; 10-25-2011 at 08:33 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Updated

[ 3770K @ 4.2 : H100i : ASRock Z77E-ITX : GTX560 Ti : 16GB DDR3 1800 : +4TB : Bitfenix Prodigy : 2x Dell S2340M : Filco Majestouch-2 [Cherry Brown] : BX8a Deluxe]

Xtreme Member
    Taking to long to come out so I just bought a tj11 instead

Plus rather have the extra space for more rads anyway and only looks like these will all just be tj07s.

Carnage

[Silverstone TJ11] [Silverstone 1200w]
    [EVGA Z77 FTW] [I5 2500k] [8gb Samsung 30nm]
    [Sapphire HD 7970]
    [Sound Blaster Titanium HD] [Sennheiser PC360]
    [Patriot Wildfire 120gb] [Seagate 1.5tb 7200pm]
    [Steelseries Sensei w/ I-2 Mousepad] [24" 1920x1200 Samsung]

Hope that top plate is interchangeable to a plain acrylic one, ruined it completely for me

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    Updated

The tease is getting old at this point. We've been waiting for this entire year after tons of delays, and putting up these constant teasers is just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by h20xide View Post
    Hope that top plate is interchangeable to a plain acrylic one, ruined it completely for me
    There's an outline around it, so I'm guessing it can be swapped.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcellere View Post
    The tease is getting old at this point. We've been waiting for this entire year after tons of delays, and putting up these constant teasers is just annoying.

Yep I would have bought one in September. But now I dont think so. Ill just pick up a lian-li or Silverstone and mod it myself.
    Lian Dream: i7 2600k @ 4.7Ghz, Asus Maximus IV Gene-z, MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr III, 8GB 2x4GB Mushkin Ridgeback, Crucial M4 128GB x2, Plextor PX-755SA, Seasonic 750 X, Lian-li
    HTPC: E5300@3.8, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, Gigabyte 5750 Silentcell, Mushkin 2GBx2, 2x 500gb Maxtor Raid 1, 300gb Seagate, 74gb Raptor, Seasonic G series 550 Gold, Silverstone LC16m

Laptop: XPS15z Crucial M4
    Nikon D700 ~ Nikkor 17-35 F2.8 ~ Nikkor 50mm F1.8
    Lian Dream Work Log
    my smugmug
    Heatware

Yeah exactly what I thought

Xtreme Member
    No longer interested, took too long.

Xtreme Member

Imo will be worth waiting, think about it as the design becomes only better each day you wait.

can't wait to see this.

thinking about upgrading/replacing the main rig with some LGA2011 stuff.

that would be the perfect enclosure to host all that power...

miam

Xtreme Member
    Patience ran out after one year.

They have full details of what is being planned/produced/completed.

Give details so people can plan builds based on LGA2011. We are technical people, we want specs.

Pretty pics are nice, but nothing really....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Shawn, we don't have the full details; we're still sorting out some stuff. You're saying we should give the incomplete details but based on our experience in the past of trying to give people an idea of when we "hope" to reveal the new products, we've concluded otherwise as that didn't seem to go too well. We thought posting the recent weekly splash page images while we kept working on the products would be appreciated and not add to the frustration but once again - lesson learned. We've decided it's best now to keep our noses down and just focus on getting the new products finished.

Your patience has run out and you're no longer interested; well, I'm sorry to hear that. Perhaps if you knew what was going on behind the scenes and the sacrifices that are being made, you'd have a different attitude. In a nutshell, we're all doing our best and are 100% committed to this project. We're not some big company - we're a few passionate and dedicated people spread out across the world trying to create products that some people will hopefully find interesting. Heck, no two of us even live in the same city! If you don't think the delays affect us then you'd be mistaken but what we won't do is compromise - we owe that to ourselves as a team and to those willing to wait till the products are ready.

I probably shouldn't say that but here goes - Callen had saving to live on when we started the MKII project and he went through that after a year of working full time on the new murderbox product line. Now that his savings have run out, he's having to work his old job on a fishing boat and on the murderbox products so that we can keep going because that's what it takes. We're absolutely committed to seeing this through despite all challenges and believe me when I tell you that there are many.

That's all I'm going to say on this - I've got to regain my focused now and get back to work!

To those here offering your support and encouragement, I sincerely thank you on behalf of everyone involved.

Some are just taking it for granted

Xtreme Member
    Hey Charles, can you at least give us an idea as to when we can expect a product we can order? That's all we want at this point.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i think the teasers look amazing and hopefully when it does come, can afford it. Keep up the great work.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hey Charles, can you at least give us an idea as to when we can expect a product we can order? That's all we want at this point.
    As per Charles' post above there will not be an ETA at this point as previously when that has been done and things didn't fall in place in time people were annoyed that the date kept being pushed back.

So until everything is in order it is just a waiting game I am afraid.

Although I can say for those who are faithful and can truly appreciate what a small (and I do mean small) group of individuals are doing here you will be pleased with the final product...

Keep up the good work mate and I for one am excited to see the final offerings!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast