Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Feser's New Lineup

Xtreme Guru
    looks interesting!!

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

OVERCLOCKAHOLICS
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Trust me, you really don't want to go there.
    Looks like thats all you do, keep going there. Its fracking annoying so how about you drop it please? Lets move on.

OCM

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Maximus View Post
    Looks like thats all you do, keep going there. Its fracking annoying so how about you drop it please? Lets move on.

OCM
    Look, I posted that to try and avoid the topic from traveling down a path it doesn't need to go, nothing more. How about all you guys stop reading further into my posts than what I write? I'd have thought by now you guys would have figured out that I don't candy coat or hide what I say. If I have something negative to say, I say it. . .same if I have something positive to say or decided to offer help. I'm a blunt instrument, plain and simple.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

OVERCLOCKAHOLICS
    When you make it a point to constantly trashing a company, your name becomes synonymous with that company name. When feser is mentioned on XS, waterlogged bashes. I'm sure many will agree, plain and simple Move on and all will be well or be stubborn and suffer the wrath of the Admin......

6k+ post means nothing when your tagged as a troll. Lets wait for the independent review before passing judgment.

OCM

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Maximus View Post
    When you make it a point to constantly trashing a company, your name becomes synonymous with that company name. When feser is mentioned on XS, waterlogged bashes. I'm sure many will agree, plain and simple Move on and all will be well or be stubborn and suffer the wrath of the Admin......

6k+ post means nothing when your tagged as a troll.

OCM
    Post count is meaningless. . .period!

Honestly, I haven't bashed in this topic. . .I've reminded (or educated) some ppl on old history regarding a now retired product line but I haven't bashed. . .I haven't said their name at all (which I have a problem spelling correctly) and I've even said that numbers will tell how this performs. If that's not positive enough for you, I'm freakin' sorry. . .I can't get more positive, not about them.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I've reminded (or educated) some ppl on old history
    Agreed, I actually didn't know about the controversy with Feser marketing technique.
    Sig is under construction

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I am kinda skeptical on that one. Water-air thermal exchange is not a new problem, if the industry has come to a few designs it's because they are efficient, and they all have fins to start with (even household radiators !). I believe the geniuses at Cray, Intel, IBM, or in the automotive industry or the heavy industry (serval heravy duty tools are watercooled) thought that out already, and a long time ago. So all of sudden a little hobby company comes out with a solution that one-ups everyone ? Alright it could happen, but the odds arent so great...

24/7 running quiet and nice

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    i want so bad.. with my triebwerks

i need 140mm highspeed triebwerks

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gmat View Post
    if the industry has come to a few designs it's because they are efficient, and they all have fins to start with (even household radiators !). I believe the geniuses at Cray, Intel, IBM, or in the automotive industry or the heavy industry (serval heravy duty tools are watercooled) thought that out already, and a long time ago.
    u forget that all they consider the cost as major factor
    but here perhaps feser may suggest, for example, 50% more price for 15% improvement
    when u r limited with space but need an ultimate cooling solution then this may be the reasonable purchasing

Intel Xeon W3520 4200MHz HT
    Foxconn Bloodrage
    3x2Gb Patriot Viper II DDR3-1600 6-6-6-16
    MSI GTX480 M2D15 850/1700/2000
    Samsung F1 1TB
    Corsair TX950W
    Stacker 832 w/ Dual Loop Watercooling aka *Bong Build*
    NEC 2690WUXi
    Loop 1: Laing DDC1-T -> Watercool HK 3.0 LT -> Thermochill PA120.3 -> Bloodrage NB -> EK Res 150
    Loop 2: Laing DDC1-T -> EK-FC GTX480 -> Thermochill PA120.2 -> EK Res 150

*New* CM 690 II Advanced Watercooled

*Coming soon* Stacker 832 Rebirth!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by gmat View Post
    I am kinda skeptical on that one. Water-air thermal exchange is not a new problem, if the industry has come to a few designs it's because they are efficient, and they all have fins to start with (even household radiators !). I believe the geniuses at Cray, Intel, IBM, or in the automotive industry or the heavy industry (serval heravy duty tools are watercooled) thought that out already, and a long time ago. So all of sudden a little hobby company comes out with a solution that one-ups everyone ? Alright it could happen, but the odds arent so great...
    It's difficult to tell anything from the flash, but it may resemble a large scale industrial solution that I've seen. I've also read a paper about staggered tubes with an internal mesh and extruded fins. It seemed to perform well according to the author. I'd really like to see someone cut one in half.
    upgrading...

Banned
    So when does our man get the rade and how long till we can see what it's like or does!

Waterlogged- well you could always shoot me a PM and tell me , I'd appreciate it before I buy products lol.
    HEATWARE
    x58-UD5 ▀▄ i7 950 4.0Ghz ▀▄ ZOTAC GTX 580 ▀▄ Mushkins 1600Mhz

Post count is meaningless. . .period!

Honestly, I haven't bashed in this topic. . .I've reminded (or educated) some ppl on old history regarding a now retired product line but I haven't bashed. . .I haven't said their name at all (which I have a problem spelling correctly) and I've even said that numbers will tell how this performs. If that's not positive enough for you, I'm freakin' sorry. . .I can't get more positive, not about them.
    plus i remember you sayin some really downright good stuff

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Not before they are officially released.

Now I don't recall that we bashed up to the moment when some aggressive advertising took place.

Now I believe 480 XSPC is my next rad. I hardly doubt it will get smashed against my head by my own hand when Skinnee
    announces the results of Admirals. Please let it be some groundbreaking results, but as someone stated, there is nothing so
    radical to improve water to air heat transfer.

Let's draw the parallel. TRUE was announced three years ago, and it's design is simply a pinnacle of heatpipe cooling solution. Everything
    after that was a mumbo jumbo made out of the same ingredients. Sure there are some nice coolers, but those are just different shades
    made out of the same color. Why? Because laws of the physics can not and will not be surpassed. Sure someone is going to mention
    Megahalems, or Noctua, or V8 or whatever, but the differences between those are so marginal that they might be attributed to many
    other factors like TIM thickness or ambient temp change or whatever. There is nothing new to be made there.
    And when someone makes such bold statements like they screwed physics, we start bashing.

You should try too. It's fun

Quote Originally Posted by iandh View Post
    I've seen people say my Stealth-Res series is overpriced, they're retailing about $20 cheaper than they should according to "standard" profit margin guidelines.
    Why being so defensive? For example I value EK products as subjectively the best (except rads). I value your StealthRes even more. I think that you
    have more than enough approval and gratitude from the community here. Prolly it's hard to make a living out of that, but if you are intrinsic motivated person
    you should feel great for the joy you induced in the community with your great products. Just because I stated I can't afford $40 of coolant every now and
    then when I get merely the same with your $6 chunk of silver, doesn't mean your products aren't worth the price asked. StealthRes is imho.
    Last edited by Erklat; 09-13-2010 at 10:32 AM. Reason: addition/typo
    ..:Core i7 870///eVGA P55 Classified///VTX3D Radeon 6970///Asus Xonar D2X///16GB F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL///WD 6400AAKS 640Gb///Samsung F2 EcoGreen 1.5TB///Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB///Pioneer DVR 216///Seasonic X-series 850///Corsair Obsidian 800D///Logitech G15 rev.1///Logitech G400@Zowie G-TF Spawn///Philips 240SW:..

..:EK Supreme Acetal///Bitspower Black Freezer EIP55NSC///Magicool Pro III///S-Flex E@7v///Laing DDC-1T w/ EK Plexi top///EK Multioption 150:..

Erklat it seems you are implying that it is physically impossible to improve upon the TRUE, but I don't see any real justification for that besides your vague "laws of physics will not be surpassed". I know the computer industry moves fast and we've become accustomed to rapid innovation, but the heatpipe-tower style heatsink has only existed for a few years and I don't think it's unlikely that in 10 years we'll see something new. Heatpipes do a rather fantastic job of moving heat to giant fin arrays - better than solid copper in many cases! - but I wouldn't be surprised if advanced materials can push that advantage even further. For example, CNTs are over 10x as conductive as copper along their axis - maybe that could be harnessed? I also imagine there is a lot of room for improvement in fin design to help create local surface turbulence to reduce the laminar boundary layer. We've seen some 'sinks try out weird shapes and angles, others have used small dimples, but it's clearly an area for which there is opportunity for innovation.

I don't mean to be confrontational, but I think the assumption here that our current heat exchangers are the pinnacle of engineering is awfully naive. Irregardless of TFC's ridiculous marketing, I feel like applauding them for at least attempting to bring innovation to the market, rather than sitting back and assuming that our two pass fin-and-flat-tube exchangers will never be beat. I'm excited for Skinnee's results! Heck, even if you don't like supporting TFC, we'll probably see similar products from other companies if the Admiral series performs well.

Xtreme Guru
    BTW, lately all we see in LC - fine tuning / slow evolution. Imho it's worth to start some new thread with brainstorming of what can be made to radically change some component to enhance it's performance (or radically slash price for same level of performance). Some ideas outside simple ideas like silver instead of copper, even smaller micropins/microchannels, more powerful pumps, more rads and such. I don't like current stagnating state in this hobby and i'm doubtful in these rads breaking the ice of status quo. What can be improved with waterblocks? What with pumps? What with rads? Eg. it was interesting to read one recent thread about non centrifugal pumps (i forgot the term how they were called though), that could do way more pressure then most common LC centrifugal pumps. Or thinking about basics for waterblocks - what are theoretically best in taking heat, and how one can make one more close to that theoretical (eg. thickness of base) without compromising other things (eg. mechanical rigidity), or what else except micropins or microchannels can be used to enhance turbulence or enlarge heat exchange area and still is technologically simple enough to make. How about old idea of TEC + waterblock? Anything but to get out of current swamp of microgains by slowed down evolution.

^^^ Well said in a very respectful way . Good to see a mature audience in here
    HEATWARE

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldskryke View Post
    Erklat it seems you are implying that it is physically impossible to improve upon the TRUE, but I don't see any real justification for that besides your vague "laws of physics will not be surpassed". I know the computer industry moves fast and we've become accustomed to rapid innovation, but the heatpipe-tower style heatsink has only existed for a few years and I don't think it's unlikely that in 10 years we'll see something new. Heatpipes do a rather fantastic job of moving heat to giant fin arrays - better than solid copper in many cases! - but I wouldn't be surprised if advanced materials can push that advantage even further. For example, CNTs are over 10x as conductive as copper along their axis - maybe that could be harnessed? I also imagine there is a lot of room for improvement in fin design to help create local surface turbulence to reduce the laminar boundary layer. We've seen some 'sinks try out weird shapes and angles, others have used small dimples, but it's clearly an area for which there is opportunity for innovation.

I don't mean to be confrontational, but I think the assumption here that our current heat exchangers are the pinnacle of engineering is awfully naive. Irregardless of TFC's ridiculous marketing, I feel like applauding them for at least attempting to bring innovation to the market, rather than sitting back and assuming that our two pass fin-and-flat-tube exchangers will never be beat. I'm excited for Skinnee's results! Heck, even if you don't like supporting TFC, we'll probably see similar products from other companies if the Admiral series performs well.
    You pointed out something I forgot to wrote. That's what happens when
    you write posts full of crap.
    Yeah, physically impossible based on the design and even more materials used.
    For what it will look like in ten years I dare not to venture in, and neither
    should you. Prolly we'll be trying to disipate heat from something Tony Stark
    manner which will replace CPUs.
    But with fin based heatsinks and copper/brass radiators, I hardly doubt
    the possibility which you are trying to emphasize here.
    Surely this is innovative design, but has to be observed in correlation to the time and place we live in.

It will probably turn out au pair with low fpi fin based rads. The only real improvement I see here is the possibility
    of better efficiency combined with low rpm fans - something Xchangers were not familiar with,
    but surely it will be again couple of degrees. And,quote,the hoopla
    about who has better rad,unquote, would again be far from over.

If this turns true, there will be some nice second hand rads in classifieds very soon.
    Last edited by Erklat; 09-13-2010 at 10:17 AM.
    ..:Core i7 870///eVGA P55 Classified///VTX3D Radeon 6970///Asus Xonar D2X///16GB F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL///WD 6400AAKS 640Gb///Samsung F2 EcoGreen 1.5TB///Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB///Pioneer DVR 216///Seasonic X-series 850///Corsair Obsidian 800D///Logitech G15 rev.1///Logitech G400@Zowie G-TF Spawn///Philips 240SW:..

..:EK Supreme Acetal///Bitspower Black Freezer EIP55NSC///Magicool Pro III///S-Flex E@7v///Laing DDC-1T w/ EK Plexi top///EK Multioption 150:..

Xtreme Guru
    BTW, anything new has to be judged with grain of salt with thinking how some idea/technology is well .. technological/cheap to make and is the gain really worth the price. Eg. - while fins inside water tubes of rad can really add a bit of effectiveness to them, it's not really justified by increased costs in making such if it adds 10% effectiveness while doubling price, as same can be gained by adding one extra section with increasing price of rad just for 15%. Also one has to remember that cleaning such rad from coolant residue / gunk will be nightmare, as there is no easy way to dissassemble rad for cleaning like one can do with waterblocks.

Distilled water and silver FTW!!!!
    HEATWARE

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    BTW, lately all we see in LC - fine tuning / slow evolution.
    What I think is funny is that even when the research money is available for advanced concepts for heat rejection for things like advanced fuel cells and space applications, heat pipes, louvered fins, and microchannels are what they use. Of course, there are expensive tweaks which increase efficiency like advanced materials or extensive optimizaation but essentially that is state of the art I think. This is part of the reason why I'm really curious about this launch and especially with the claims above.
    Last edited by meanmoe; 09-13-2010 at 12:26 PM.
    upgrading...

so i heard that feser products are superior to all other products becuase they are just clearly,

better.

lol

trooolllllin

i cant wait for these rads for serious tho. if even 1c better than xchanger im gona replace becuase it just looks so damn nifty.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    so i heard that feser products are superior to all other products becuase they are just clearly,

better.
    How about this ?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What i like is its the company's that people love to hate aka tfc, thermaltake that try to pump completely different items on the market. Which i consider a good thing. Even bad idea's help inovation.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk
    MagisD

6 Quad rads 1 case Maybe I went a little overboard....Overkill Cube

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast