Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Feser's New Lineup

Never go full retard
    Quote Originally Posted by dingdong555 View Post
    Skinnee?....

You guys know I hate confirming anything until I have one in my hands. This was not a surprise to me, that is about all I have to say presently.
    Last edited by skinnee; 09-11-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast

Cool

Huh wheres Skinee live so we can all go ply him with liquor , DarthBevis can bring the half naked babes ..... we'll get the secrets out of him yet ....
    MagisD

6 Quad rads 1 case Maybe I went a little overboard....Overkill Cube

Xtreme Member
    If I am interpreting the picture correctly, that appears to be identical to a heat exchanger used by pool & swimming pool heaters.

Here is a few examples:

Heat Exchanger Pic Linky

Heat Exchanger Cut-away Pic Linky
    Haswell, Maxwell, MLC

My HeatWare 77-0-0

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Erklat View Post
    I did and realized it's kinda old news.

But, it's pricing is derived more from the perspective that Feser sells it's
    crap for $10/L than the fact that two hours are needed to produce a
    bottle of those. Nice product like anything that comes out of his workshop,
    make no mistake about that. Just an idea that I need $40 of coolant every
    half a year makes me reject it. Or stick with it's killcoil.

Nuff with the constructive offtopic.

About the rad, seeing enough space between those 'tubes'. Probably low rpm fans optimized at last?
    Not a distinctive Feser design. At least wasn't up to this moment.
    Here's the original product post:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...light=pure-sil

As far as the source of the pricing, it is based on my initial equipment investment combined with production cost, combined with shipping cost, combined with time. With my most recent order of 40 bottles, I've just now broken even on my initial investment.

The next order after this most recent one will be the first I'll actually make money on, since I originally introduced the product just over a year ago.

The reason I spend two hours a bottle is to push the silver ion concentration to the breaking point, to ensure the longevity of the biocidal properties of the coolant. It is meant to last for a couple years or more, not just half a year.

I could run the coolant through ionization for ten minutes and it would be more than strong enough to sell. I am making sure to reach a point of complete overkill.

When I first introduced this I was very aware that it would be a slow seller, not much profit, and cater to an extremely small niche. For most users, plain distilled and a killcoil makes sense. Some users may prefer using Pure-sil instead, for various reasons.

Anyways, no offense taken, just thought I'd let you know.
    Asus G73- i7-740QM, Mobility 5870, 6Gb DDR3-1333, OCZ Vertex II 90Gb

Xtreme Member
    I thought flat tubes was the way to go, example the MORA series rads, due to increased surface contact?
    Intel Q6600 L727A 3.2GHz (8*400 @ 1.35v)
    Asus Maximus Formula
    2X2gb Gskill DDRII-1000
    XFX 5870
    WD 150Gb Raptor and Maxtor 250Gb DiamondMax10
    2X Samsung DVD-RW DL SATA
    Silverstone OP850
    Thermalright Ultra 120 Xtreme (lapped)
    Thermaltake Armor
    thats it, and proud of it.
    Heatware: pby5cat

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by pby5cat View Post
    I thought flat tubes was the way to go, example the MORA series rads, due to increased surface contact?
    OMG, don't even bring up the mora's...
    Smile

Hi Everyone- Since we are the USA Disty on the Feser Product Line, I can assure that these are very different looking and its never been done in the PC Market....I will also say that there are no fins in the new Admiral Series. Thats right, there are NO FINS like the rads that everyone else makes. A little bit different technology allowing water to move through a lot more surface area to cool than a standard Fin based radiator. THese will be crowned king of all PC Radiators and all the hoopla of who has the best radiator will be put to an end finally when these are released.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCPU View Post
    Hi Everyone- Since we are the USA Disty on the Feser Product Line, I can assure that these are very different looking and its never been done in the PC Market....I will also say that there are no fins in the new Admiral Series. Thats right, there are NO FINS like the rads that everyone else makes. A little bit different technology allowing water to move through a lot more surface area to cool than a standard Fin based radiator. THese will be crowned king of all PC Radiators and all the hoopla of who has the best radiator will be put to an end finally when these are released.
    Thats a big and bold statment! Who is willing to cut one up then once they come out?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post

You guys know I hate confirming anything until I have one in my hands. This was not a surprise to me, that is about all I have to say presently.

w00t!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by iandh View Post
    Anyways, no offense taken, just thought I'd let you know.
    God forbid, my objective was never to offend you since I know that everything that
    comes out of your workshop is overkill in regard to perfectionism. I deeply
    apologize if that is the impression I left.

I took the 6 months reference more in regard to adding something to my loop
    which needs dismantling and replacing the coolant, than because I thought it lost it's biocidal properties.
    I too would prefer Pure-sil over pure distilled and PT nuke.

Is it safe to conclude your product might be recycled for more than one use then?

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrafluorometh View Post
    Thats a big and bold statment! Who is willing to cut one up then once they come out?
    That is called aggressive advertising
    Me, me provides a jigsaw
    ..:Core i7 870///eVGA P55 Classified///VTX3D Radeon 6970///Asus Xonar D2X///16GB F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL///WD 6400AAKS 640Gb///Samsung F2 EcoGreen 1.5TB///Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB///Pioneer DVR 216///Seasonic X-series 850///Corsair Obsidian 800D///Logitech G15 rev.1///Logitech G400@Zowie G-TF Spawn///Philips 240SW:..

..:EK Supreme Acetal///Bitspower Black Freezer EIP55NSC///Magicool Pro III///S-Flex E@7v///Laing DDC-1T w/ EK Plexi top///EK Multioption 150:..

Xtreme Guru
    ..THese will be crowned king of all PC Radiators and all the hoopla of who has the best radiator will be put to an end finally when these are released.
    I retract my guess on double the price. Probably will cost three times as others do.

Banned
    Jeeze, some of you guys sound like broken records around here these days...

Lets wait and see what perf/cost is.

Like grade 9 up in here sometimes...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    O.M.G. your like Totally right !

But seriously though I belive it mostly comes from the previous Monsta and Triebwerk. All hype / average subpar performance. For me if they Were honest and said here's something new it looks great and Preforms well I'd respect them as a company but as it is I hear that insane voice from there web page say
    "We are the uber, the best, Magical cooling beyond the laws of physic's" While a body builders making his pecs jump in the background every time they talk about a new product now.

If independent testing proves me wrong I'd be happy I like innovation in Water cooling and TFC stuff Looks Amazing Just never lived up to what the say it would.
    MagisD

6 Quad rads 1 case Maybe I went a little overboard....Overkill Cube

Xtreme Guru
    It's just that hard to imagine something revolutionary cooling wise to apear in LC. Different? Yes. Better? Doubtful. Afterall, current LC rads grown from rads used elsewhere, just with some small extra touches, like tuned dimensions to better fit in cases/with fans used, a little work with shroud and standartised for LC thread on inlets, tuned FPI for optimisation to fans commonly used. Otherwise current rad making technology / fin shape used is selected/tuned by many decades in all areas before where rads are used to produce something effective enough yet cheap enough to make. While there is possibility of something different be better, eg. fins like in these admirals be more effective, i doubt it being better then 10% then other current best rads. And if that brings alongside drastic price increase, is it worth it? Even now people often suggest using cheaper MCRs over RX/SR1/PAs, as them are within 95% cooling performance of those and you can buy twice the rad area for same price and beat that performance difference 1.8 times paying same. Now .. who honestly thinks that new TFC rads will be priced competitively with other rads out there knowing their usual pricing? - So most probably increased pricing gap will be even harder to justify.

Xtreme Addict
    Unless these new Rads can beat the XSPC and Thermochill Rads with 800-1200 RPM fans by a couple of degrees then they are a massive failure.

Xtreme Guru
    Scubar: They actually might, afterall it would be utter double failure if they release yet again "Thermochill killers" (c) TFC, that loose to them in actual 3rd party tests, but my point was - most probably not by much and most probably costing too much to justify slight win. Liquid cooling is very expensive cooling as it is, i'd rather see making advances in making it cheaper/more affordabe (=more widespread) while keeping current performance level, then yet another slightly better component that costs much more then alternatives.
    [OFFTOPIC]
    BTW, there is new test of XSPC RX V2 out there @skinneelabs

OMG, bundymania, these rads should be ones called monster rads instead of Mo-Ra or TFC Monsta
    Last edited by Church; 09-12-2010 at 05:42 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Looks like something like this - page 10 maybe
    http://www.wieland-thermalsolutions....ohrewat_08.pdf

no clue why there would have an advantage over finned flat tubes... looking forward to learning more though
    upgrading...

Banned
    Me, me provides a jigsaw
    Yeah cerntaly is but can they back it up with a product that does what it says on the tin?

Okay so who will donate the rad, a simple 1.20/1.40 would do

After these are out i guess in a months time + there will be a topic of who coppied who as others make something the same or simualr

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    BTW, there is new test of XSPC RX V2 out there @skinneelabs
    The only difference listed @ XSPC from V1 to V2 are the screws and paint...
    Smile

I am Xtreme
    As a semi frequent walk-in customer, this distresses me greatly. Please leave the carny barking hype to the manufacturers marketing departments.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrafluorometh View Post
    Me, me provides a jigsaw
    Actually, I call dibs, being one of the louder and more prominent so called "bashers". I also have a full range of tools to do the job quickly and cleanly and I'm certainly not shy about using them.

Quote Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post
    Jeeze, some of you guys sound like broken records around here these days...

Lets wait and see what perf/cost is.

Like grade 9 up in here sometimes...
    Let's not forget that this is from the company that claimed to beat Thermochill's PA's by 5° C when their now "retired" line of rads were introduced. Needless to say, not one tester ever produced the results to back that claim up, neither did the company for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by meanmoe View Post
    Looks like something like this - page 10 maybe
    http://www.wieland-thermalsolutions....ohrewat_08.pdf

no clue why there would have an advantage over finned flat tubes... looking forward to learning more though
    If that is how they look on the inside, someone's in for a big disappointment. The only "radical" thing these achieve is looks. I really doubt these are going to be any more effective than what we have now. Numbers from real testing will tell that story though.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Actually, I call dibs, being one of the louder and more prominent so called "bashers". I also have a full range of tools to do the job quickly and cleanly and I'm certainly not shy about using them.
    Here here, i second that from stuff ive seen

I am Xtreme
    Feser was the first to produce a TC competitor with 15mm fan spacing and g 1/4 fittings (compatibility with MOST of the cases and fittings on the market). Even TC changed their design after TFC and all the other radiator vendors took a stand at one standard. TFC rads perform well (can't say they perform at X or Y percentage better than a TC but then I do not care as I just want them to perform well). If I had to order a new rad today I would go with a Black Ice SR 1 or thick Swiftech.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Member
    It looks nice but until someone reliable (Skinnee) tests and compares it to current radiators, it is just another normal radiator amongst others. No point hyping out on it.
    Specs:
    HW: Lian Li PC-A71F | i7 920 | P6T Deluxe | HD5870 | 6GB OCZ Platinum 2000mhz | AX850W | Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 | Intel X25-M 80GB SSD | WD 2TB Caviar Green
    WC: EK-FC5870 | EK Supreme HF | Swiftech MCP655 with EK top | ThermoChill PA120.2 | ThermoChill PA120.3 | EK Multioption 250
    Other: Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans | Aqua Computer Aquaero | Bitspower Comp. Fittings

Never go full retard
    I spoke with Martin from TFC today, yes Skinnee Labs will be the first review world-wide.

The lengthy product lineup that was included in the FrozenCPU news block is planned, but not upon initial release. The first radiators available will be Monsta 140, Monsta 420, Admiral 120, Admiral 240, Admiral 360 and Admiral 480. The rest of the series (including a slim) will come after the new year. USA will be the first to have the new series followed by Russia and then out to more countries as stock is available. I was assured production is up and running.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast